It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Shoot, Kill Man in San Diego Area; Protesters Gather

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

A black man reportedly acting erratically at a strip mall in suburban San Diego was shot and killed by police after pulling an object from his pocket, pointing it at officers and assuming a "shooting stance," authorities said.

One of the officers tried and failed to subdue the unidentified man with a stun gun before the other officer fired several times, El Cajon Police Chief Jeff Davis said at a late night news conference. Davis would not say what the object was, but acknowledged it was not a weapon.

Police Shoot, Kill Man in San Diego Area; Protesters Gather

Another shooting by cops. This one in San Diego.

This is also relevant:

Police said they were called to the mall shortly after 2 p.m. by the sister of a man in his 30s who said he was "not acting like himself" and walking in traffic. They say the man refused "multiple" orders to take his hand from his pocket, then was shot after pulling out the object.

From a witness:

"I said: 'Take your hand out your pocket, baby, or they're going to shoot you.' He said 'no, no, no,' " the woman said. "When he lifted his hand out ... he did have something in his hand but it wasn't no gun, and that's when they shot him."

Several dozen people, most of them black, gathered and some cursed at officers guarding the scene in El Cajon after the shooting. Many were chanting "black lives matter!" and "hands up, don't shoot!"
From Here.
edit on 28-9-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Another woman on the video who was wearing hospital-style work clothing said she's the man's sister. She appeared distraught, repeatedly shrieking and crying, telling officers that she had called them to help her brother, who she described as mentally ill.

"I just called for help, and you came and killed him," she said.

Michael Ray Rodriguez was among the witnesses who said the man had his hands in the air. He said that he was driving out of his apartment complex past the shooting scene and saw a shirtless black man with his hands raised.

It is tragic that cops are being trained to gun people down as opposed to detaining them.

Even following their version of events, which is that he pulled the something out and took a shooting stance, I imagine there was more than one cop on the scene and that a non-lethal could have been used.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930amWednesday6 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
You are are a majority pro gun control country and will never take off your blinkers... Deal with it...

Other countries around the world don't need to deal with your whatever amendment bla bla and we can live without it thank you very much.

Especially all the murders of whoever gets a lead vaccine from gung ho "look at me I have a gun and can protect my amendment that only exists in the good old US of A... "F**K MURIKA* WE ARE THE BESTEST IN THE WORLD... BLA BLA and even more F**king BLA BLA*

We on the rest of the planet have had enough of some of your arrogant crap.

Get over it that your country and the arrogance spewed by so many from the same pile of soil that you live on means nothing anymore to the rest of the planet after everything that your countries decision makers (that YOU voted for) have done...

Kindest respects

Lags

a reply to: JinMI

edit on 28-9-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Give the planet a break MURIKA

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

The more these events go sideways, the more it will put cops and civilians on edge, worsening the issue. Needs to be a big change.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
One wonders why the police shooting and killing of Jesse Attaway, Austin Baier, and Cody LaFont over the last week are not making headline news.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Compliance is key, ignore repeated lawful orders by cops and do something shady like pull something from your pocket and act like its a gun and the guy gets shot dead and you want to moral rant about America and it's guns? Puuuulease. The more these events occur and foolish people ignore the facts to rant about their selective narrative, were getting tired of the same irrational knee jerk reaction crowd

edit on 28-9-2016 by Floridagoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I know I don't need to tell you, but I will elaborate.

See, cops killing black folks puts Americans in senseless squabbles. If all the reports of officers killing civilians were to be reported it would turn into US vs Them...and them won't have it.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

The more these events go sideways, the more it will put cops and civilians on edge, worsening the issue. Needs to be a big change.

Agreed, but sadly there is an agenda to divide the masses in every way shape or form.

If one is to pay attention to the social engineering at work, one can see quite clearly that the true reality of the police state has not even come close to fruition.

The protests are like testing grounds, they simply analyze the data and map out the social media response. We are truly entering a dystopian age and the people are being guided like sheep to the slaughter.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930amWednesday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Floridagoat

Understood, however this man is allegedly mentally deficient. Little bit of a twist I would say.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I share those sentiments.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

To many gun owners for the police state, that which would require every militarya nd police officer in the country to turn on his sister and brother, not happening ever.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I know I don't need to tell you, but I will elaborate.

See, cops killing black folks puts Americans in senseless squabbles. If all the reports of officers killing civilians were to be reported it would turn into US vs Them...and them won't have it.

Cops kill people they see as a threat. The agenda-driven media and agitators cheerleading the riots are going to end up giving you your requested change. I don't think you'll like it when the cops are neutered and can't even try to keep the streets safe.

There have been 800 killings by police so far this year. Undoubtedly some could have been avoided and the selection and training of police officers should be an ongoing process. However, there is no racial bias.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridagoat

Never say never.

en.wikipedia.org...

It has happened and some would like to see it happen again. Please remind me, who wins a war?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat

To many gun owners for the police state, that which would require every militarya nd police officer in the country to turn on his sister and brother, not happening ever.

I have given you a star for I pray for your words to be the truth.

What concerns me is the social engineers ability to brainwash the willing and radicalize the stupid.

Playing people against each other and utilizing the infamous problem-reaction-solution...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Maybe your right and the cops do get neutered. Then the National Guard steps in and automatic police state ensues.

Maybe I'm right and we keep upping the ante on who and what is a threat. Combine that with increased militarization of the police force and a police state ensues.

Same bottom line.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Why do you spend so much time on American gun issues when it doesn't effect your life at all? From the vaccine rant to the absurd American insults to the dumbed down gun control rant, i'm sure your country is perfect and no one here in the states cares about your country enough to notice!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Maybe your right and the cops do get neutered. Then the National Guard steps in and automatic police state ensues.

Maybe I'm right and we keep upping the ante on who and what is a threat. Combine that with increased militarization of the police force and a police state ensues.

Same bottom line.

Which is the goal, I would suggest.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Rubbish...you lot are so divided it is likely that the "status Quo" will find a way to make you use your own guns against yourselves all while believing you are fighting them...even if that fails they have much larger guns and way more training...so your screwed either way...

People answer to paychecks and not so much to humanity .... you would be a fool to believe otherwise

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The way I see it, you know little about anything to do with America that you haven't gleaned from John Wayne westerns and bought and controlled media, that being said to American's your comment is foolish at best and the entertainment value of it is high!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

a reply to: Lagomorphe

Why do you spend so much time on American gun issues when it doesn't effect your life at all? From the vaccine rant to the absurd American insults to the dumbed down gun control rant, i'm sure your country is perfect and no one here in the states cares about your country enough to notice!

Because I am a member of an international site which is called Above top secret and our motto as a community is deny ignorance...

The adopted country I live in is France (as a Brit in France for over 30 years...)

You "MURIKA YEA" folks have affected and contaminated the whole of the international internet community for quite a long while now and many people from around the world have had enough BIG TIME...

Break down your imaginary wall that only YOU think is around your imaginary world and see (OR TRY TO LOOK) at what might be beyond the walls that you have been brainwashed into believing mate... and enjoy freedom...)

Kindest respacts

Lags

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join