It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parenting Magazine Warns ‘Blond, Cheerful’ Families Dangerous, Likely Right Wing

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Not the same.

For one thing, they were not a majority or close to. But for another thing, they were not from one cohesive culture of their own. Part of the problem American blacks have is that they constructed a culture out of a polyglot from what the remember of their different tribal traditions and from their masters. They also very much DID absorb significant elements of the culture of their white masters too who were hardly carrying a wonderful culture.

Thomas Sowell wrote an essay on it that is published.

But yes, if you want to go there just because you want to deflect, I will tell you that we can still use that as a partial object lesson.

In some places in the deep south, they did fear the ending of slavery because there would be a number of suddenly free blacks, many of whom would be justified to harbor resentment. You also had those who knew very well that slavery needed to end, but also knew you would have a large number of suddenly free and very ill-prepared people roaming around.

And guess what? There was indeed a huge amount of social strife and violence all around.

And you know what? Germany seemed to be incapable of learning from that because you know what they did? The imported a large number of people with a hugely different culture who are ill-prepared to live in the society in which they suddenly find themselves and they threaten to outnumber and overwhelm and the native culture and thus see no need to change their own ways.

You can indeed see parallels there. So I guess ... thanks for the historical lesson on why you don't do this? Maybe this is why we in the US criticize it?

posted on Oct, 7 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The imported a large number of people with a hugely different culture who are ill-prepared to live in the society in which they suddenly find themselves and they threaten to outnumber and overwhelm and the native culture and thus see no need to change their own ways.

Outnumber? Half a million refugees is outnumbering a native culture of 80 million?

And not all are against change so the only lesson they probably ignored was that of the american xenophobe.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

You lecturerd me in another thread how I should not judge other cultures and fashions, yet here you are JUDGING!

As you yourself pointed out, what I said was

judging one civilization by another’s standards is a fool’s game.

How the hell do you get from ‘civilization’ to ‘culture and fashion’, or from one culture to different cultures?

The people we are discussing in this thread are from the same civilization as you or I; modern, Western, democratic, technological civilization. There is absolutely no problem making judgements about that one is familiar with.

As for local culture and fashion, it is obvious from the article alone that we are talking about people who stand out as odd according the fashions of their own culture.

That is very far from slandering the cultural practices of other societies, as many of you have done throughout this thread. The hatred and disgust inspired in many ATS members by people of colour is very plain to see; as is the typical stigmatization of the Other as filthy, contaminated, impure, etc., which is invariably part of the racist narrative.

But I need say no more here. All we have to do is look at the appalling attitudes displayed by ATS members on this thread to see what kind of foulness we’re dealing with here.

I am increasingly ashamed to be a member of this board. Thank heavens there are still a few decent people here to share my shame.

edit on 8/10/16 by Astyanax because: of the need for more space.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

So what now...perform genocide on the native blonde families to accommodate migrants ?

I find this propaganda to be an overkill. I dont feel there is a danger of NAZI like thing repeating in Germany...since many of today's rightwingers are not really rightwing...in a mad political EU theater and in an ever changing world...the rightwing is the only party that is, among other things, trying to keep traditions and preserve the way of life of the western civilization.

People are scared of losing it...and are reluctantly siding with rightwingers because of it. This is why there is a rise in right all over EU.

Humans are not big on change...it always comes difficult, and often against our will...and is often met with resistance. Whether this change looming on the horizon of the EU is good or bad for humanity as whole...is anyone's guess. I certainly understand why some people are rejecting it.

I myself would not like to change what we got here...simply because I dont see the upside of this change. Not for me and my family..nor for my neighbour, nor for any of my friends. It will suit someone obviously...but the middle class of EU does not have anything to gain from this change. It only weakens cohesion among the nations, even more division...even more genders, more religions (like we dont have too much of it anyway), more crime, more fear....more change.

So exsqueeze me for not liking it...and sadly...the right wing is the only one resisting it...not that I'm fond of the rightwing by no means.

posted on Oct, 8 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I find this propaganda to be an overkill. I dont feel there is a danger of NAZI like thing repeating in Germany

I agree.

Not only do I find this way of thinking as overkill, I also find it paranoid, delusional, and downright dangerous if allowed to escape from its cage.

Merkel has one helluva problem on her hands.

An overabundance of ornery immigrants AND an overabundance pissed off natives. It'll be interesting to sit back and watch how she and her administration handle this situation.

So what now...perform genocide on the native blonde families to accommodate migrants ?

Don't mistake my dislike for extremist paranoid thinking to automatically mean "ornery immigrant apologist".

The two are not mutually inclusive.
edit on 8-10-2016 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join