It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parenting Magazine Warns ‘Blond, Cheerful’ Families Dangerous, Likely Right Wing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Elliot

Communism is a race to the bottom in any language.

Well done. You won it.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

I understand what you say.

There is stupid.............and then there is 'something else' all together that cannot be put into words.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Try.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well I'm usually depressed. At least I have that going for me.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

yeah...I feel that my limited lingo would not bring justice to the sentiment expressed. It's best to just shake head in disbelief.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Well, as a member of the blond haired blue eyed Nordic master race I can only say that we are scared that you discovered our agenda..

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I absolutely agree with the article. Long skirts and perfectly woven ponytails on a European teenager are symptoms of excessive, heavy-handed parental control and a restrictive moral regime at home. These things typically go hand-in-hand with an extremist right-wing attitude and an approval of political violence in the parents.

Do you truly mean this or are you just trolling? Its hard to identify poe's, when all you have is text.

I've had a look at some of your other post's and it seems likely that you are serious. Is it beyond you to see long skirts and woven ponytails simply as fashion choices rather than some deep dark symbolism of political blight. You specifically refer to European teenagers, I assume this look then doesn't apply to the teenagers in Mongolia who also often sport this fashion.

Is it possible that you see these teenagers appearance as symptoms of

"typically go hand-in-hand with an extremist right-wing attitude and an approval of political violence in the parents"

due to the process of confirmation bias and it is your prejudice that is leading to this outrageous statement, I'm going to need to see some serious citations to give it any credence.

I think charity and tolerance in perspective, will lift a shadow

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I hate to tell you guys, but the Magazine is correct.

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

Nope those children are sporting bob cuts. So that must mean their parents politically identified as Luddites and are always out and about destroying industrial machinery

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
And to think us gingers have been getting all the flack for being the evil heathens of society for centuries.

Pfft.

Take that you blond baby-eating beeyotches !

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CatandtheHatchet
a reply to: Greggers

Nope those children are sporting bob cuts. So that must mean their parents politically identified as Luddites and are always out and about destroying industrial machinery

Those could be wigs. Maybe they are secret brunettes!

posted on Oct, 4 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

Is it beyond you to see long skirts and woven ponytails simply as fashion choices

Fashion choices are always a reflection of political choices.

The possibilities for self-expression are well illustrated in the politics of identity — where fashion has been powerfully used by marginalised and subcultural groups to carve out a visible social identity and to create group solidarity and political visibility. University of Oxford, UK

The article uses examples from black and gay culture, but white supremacists are also (deservedly) a ‘marginalized group’.

You specifically refer to European teenagers, I assume this look then doesn't apply to the teenagers in Mongolia who also often sport this fashion.

Quite right. A neatly woven ponytail would have a different meaning in a different cultural and political context.

If dress and politics have nothing to to with each other, what do you make of this quote from The Churchill Factor, a biography of the great English statesman by that well-known right-winger Boris Johnson?

Already there were parades of fascist youths down the streets of Munich — right outside the hotel. Conjure up in your mind brown leather shorts and rippling thighs; oom-pa-pa marching bands and red and black swastika bunting floating in the breeze. Think beaming girls in dirndl serving foaming steins in the hotel biergarten, their blond hair whorled in strange pastry shapes [he means coiled-up ponytails] around their ears.

Then add Churchill with his lively eyes and puckish curiosity, watching it al from an open window, drinking it in, working it out. Source

And if your imagination falters in the effort of conjuring all that up, just watch this clip from Cabaret:

Get it now? Good.

edit on 4/10/16 by Astyanax because: sometimes the obvious needs to be made more so.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: CatandtheHatchet

Is it beyond you to see long skirts and woven ponytails simply as fashion choices

Fashion choices are always a reflection of political choices.

The possibilities for self-expression are well illustrated in the politics of identity — where fashion has been powerfully used by marginalised and subcultural groups to carve out a visible social identity and to create group solidarity and political visibility. University of Oxford, UK

The article uses examples from black and gay culture, but white supremacists are also (deservedly) a ‘marginalized group’.

You specifically refer to European teenagers, I assume this look then doesn't apply to the teenagers in Mongolia who also often sport this fashion.

Quite right. A neatly woven ponytail would have a different meaning in a different cultural and political context.

If dress and politics have nothing to to with each other, what do you make of this quote from The Churchill Factor, a biography of the great English statesman by that well-known right-winger Boris Johnson?

Already there were parades of fascist youths down the streets of Munich — right outside the hotel. Conjure up in your mind brown leather shorts and rippling thighs; oom-pa-pa marching bands and red and black swastika bunting floating in the breeze. Think beaming girls in dirndl serving foaming steins in the hotel biergarten, their blond hair whorled in strange pastry shapes [he means coiled-up ponytails] around their ears.

Then add Churchill with his lively eyes and puckish curiosity, watching it al from an open window, drinking it in, working it out. Source

And if your imagination falters in the effort of conjuring all that up, just watch this clip from Cabaret:

Get it now? Good.

You really don't see the "YOU VILL CONFORM" thing going on in your post, do you?

If a girl has her hair in an elaborate plait for that day, it simply means she got up a bit earlier than she does on days when she just has a ponytail. Or her mum had time to help her out or she learned it all off some other girl via you tube or something.

If she wears a long skirt it could be because she's feeling a bit miffed at people making comments on her legs or looking her up and down...Or it could be because she wants to.

None of these things make a Nazi, no matter how much you or the sicko left wants them to.

If all this keeps on, there will be no ordinary, middle of the road people left, they will either align themselves with the foaming at the mouth brigade on the left or they will move far to the right for sanctuary.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Dont waste your breath...the lunacy can not be cured with words.

Its funny how the hipocrisy is revealed. While we shouldnt be prejudiced towards black ninjas popping up all over EU...the dangerous blonde families are fair game.

(post by crazyewok removed for a manners violation)
(post by SheopleNation removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

You really don't see the "YOU VILL CONFORM" thing going on in your post, do you?

It is only there in your imagination. What standard am I asking people to conform to? None.

I pointed out that fashion choices are indicative of political choices. I submitted evidence — academic and historical — that such is the case. You may argue the evidence — if you can — but you may not misrepresent what I have said. I am not arguing for any ‘acceptable’ style of dress. Quite the opposite.

Nobody is asking these people to give up their long skirts, their ponytails, their dirndl and lederhosen. They are welcome to wear their anachronistic fashions, and thus to clearly proclaim their identity to the rest of us. Or if they prefer, they can wear something else and hide their shame. But whatever they wear, they — and everybody else — will be judged by it. Not only by me, but by every person intelligent enough to realize that clothes make personal, psychological, political, class, educational, ethnic, etc., etc., statements.

And do you know what? Everybody knows that, really. Even you, who claim ignorance. It’s not only dogs who can hear the whistle.

edit on 5/10/16 by Astyanax because: of a few more examples.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

It's simply the fact that you make a judgement on the person's character by virtue of how they dress.

Sure, if you see some guy in oily jeans and a scuffed leather, it's a fair bet he rides a motorcycle. that's about all you can infer though, before you descend into pure prejudice. The same is true of someone in a suit or dressed up for a night out. You can guage a person's appearance only up to certain limits. You sure as hell can't figure out their politics, and if you claim to, you are a liar.

the idea that you look at someone who dresses smartly and wears their hair smartly and infer they are a Nazi is bloody ridiculous.

People like you, judgy, prejudiced people are what is wrong with our society. You lot always ruin everything for everyone around you.

The real Nazis are people who write and believe in the tripe printed by this magazine.

posted on Oct, 5 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join