It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat shaming anger at Trump proves feminist hypocrisiy

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Related(probably will be called off topic) do ya'll know there are more women in America than men? How do you think they feel about this?

This is another thing that bothers me.

Why do we assume women will more likely be offended by offesnive comments.

I am not referencing you in the following Interpid, but other people I have heard.

Progressives (for lack of a better term) say that we should treat women equal. Yet the same people make assumptions that women are more interested in Trump insulting a womans weight than the issues. To me, this is insulting to women?

"See us men, we care about terrorism and the economy. But women, they are so cute. They care about politeness and such things. Things like the economy would be too different for the to understand"

Again, another double standard.

I saw Megan Kellys program tonight. She mentioned that Newt Gingrich brought up Machado weights.

She says why don't these men stop bringing up womens weight, women don't want to hear that. And the she says, besides he shouldn't say anything he is overweight.

This is amazing. Gingrich discussing how this woman weighed too much for her job is offensive and not to be said, but Kelly can insult a man for his weight? It is just getting ridiculous.

I hope that women vote based on real issues. If that means they vote for Hillary, I have no problem with that. But I hope that for all people, not just women.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It's Newtonian. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. His words WILL bite him with the ladies.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So the premise of the OP is that insulting fat women or calling a Hispanic woman "Miss Housekeeper" is no big deal because everyone does it, so we're all hypocrites ? What ? C'mon people, no reasonable person buys that BS.

Because Hillary is such a corrupt and awful person, Trump gets to say whatever dumb-ass thing comes to his mind and "it's all Good" ?! What a disgrace this whole sham of an Election is, it's like watching a NOT very funny SNL satire.

I wonder what makes a beauty queen suddenly gain a bunch of weight to begin with ? I've read some pretty nasty stuff goes on behind the scenes, maybe she was traumatized in some way.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
So the premise of the OP is that insulting fat women or calling a Hispanic woman "Miss Housekeeper" is no big deal because everyone does it, so we're all hypocrites ? What ? C'mon people, no reasonable person buys that BS.

No the premise was that this is a non issue. For the 1 millionth time, it is juts her word that he called her those names. She is being scrutinized herself, as a judge has claimed she threatened to kill him, and she has been invlolved in other bad situations.

But even if Trump did say these names, it doesn't show he hates women. Men get told to lose weight to their face for their jobs all of the time, and no one accuses those people of being man haters.

The same people that are all moral about Trump calling people names themselves call him the most vile names.

I will continue to treat women as every bit as able to decide on real issues and not hope to pander to them by saying "See Trump called a woman a name 20 years ago, so don't vote for him"

Because Hillary is such a corrupt and awful person, Trump gets to say whatever dumb-ass thing comes to his mind and "it's all Good" ?! What a disgrace this whole sham of an Election is, it's like watching a NOT very funny SNL satire.

Agreed.

I wonder what makes a beauty queen suddenly gain a bunch of weight to begin with ? I've read some pretty nasty stuff goes on behind the scenes, maybe she was traumatized in some way.

Are you implying she was sexually assualted being involved with the pageant? With all of the things she has said about Trump, you think she would hold this back? That seems like a stretch.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Oh give me a break. America is known for being an obese country that over-eats. Anyone who eats themselves into being fat, is their fault. Maybe shaming fat folks will get them to see the error in their ways and shape up.

AND it's dangerous to be fat!

More dangerous than smoking.

That's what I told my 280 pound Bible thumping sister-in-law. She tells me how I sin, by smoking cigs. I tell her that her sin of stuffing her face, will put her in the hospital bed right next to me.

Smoking isn't a deadly sin.
Gluttony is. . .

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
Good to see your real thought since you no longer moderate, now you just wholeheartedly bash Trump!

Don't get me wrong. I don't bash him because he's Trump. I bash him because he's a self important megalomaniac with racist, misogynistic, hell, psychopathic tendencies. He's terrible for America and the world.

I Agree.

However he is less ("a self important megalomaniac with racist, misogynistic, hell, psychopathic tendencies. He's terrible for America and the world") so than would be Hillary.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I think what your saying is that you don't believe Trump has said anything that should justify women not voting for him and in this case he may not have even said these things and if he did, it still doesn't mean he disrespects woman, lol...Right?

I do think that Trump has said enough things that can be proven, that have lead me to believe he doesn't have the right temperament to be POTUS, but's that's only one reason I won't be voting for him.

As far as Hillary getting the women's votes because he's a "Disaster", as Donald likes to say, she WON"T be getting my vote either and I'm way more offended by her as a fellow woman. Perhaps I am sexist , but a woman who is capable of the levels of corruption and immoral behavior HRC has been involved in are scarier to me then that of a man capable of the same things.

I don't know enough about the beauty queen to really comment on what's going on with her, maybe she's nuts, but there is a pattern of women accusing Trump of treating them badly, including rape accusations, and just like with Bill Clinton, where there's smoke, there's fire...they both are big buddies with Epstein and have partied with him and his underage "girls"....I think they are both scumbags, and since I'm not running for POTUS I can say that !

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I enter this as a father of an anorexic girl who has seen her sent to a hospital where it was like the worst parts of the army in a bid to 'fatten' her up but not address the mental health issue. So what I think is that there's a way of saying words and there's a way of getting a rise out of the person for effect, Trump seems to have crossed this barrier and uses it to make fun of her (IF these words attributed to him are right) and THAT in a public spotlight is wrong, as an ex manager there's a real no no about shaming a person in public, its only at the last reason you make it public to have a proper effect so using it to gain levity on a political platform is wrong no matter what you feel. The apparent Hispanic comments only solidify how wrong he was. I like neither of these idiots running for office, you have the massively corrupt Hillary and the massively incompetent Trump who speaks from the back end of his person most of the time.

Personally, IF he said these things then the man is an idiot for doing them in an open media covered way, yes she contractually obliged to regulate her weight when being paid BUT its not for Trump to do the very public shame tactic, its for the pageant operators to privately discuss it with her..

But here's my other view, weight shaming is a dangerous thing in women, they are much more likely to develop image issues than men as for obvious reasons women are put on a pedestal to 'look good', this comes from men, women but also from people they know and don't know, just look at that abomination Facebook and social media in general to see how it works. For my daughter it was bullying and a possible hint of autistic spectrum (yet to be examined by the so called 'mental health professionals) which affects the ability to be around people that triggered her Anorexia and its just so easy to trigger it in women, more so if you are in the spotlight. While my 16yr old daughter tries to rid herself of this horrible mental disease it irks me so much to see young women being attacked for weight issues, the younger in the teen era the more likely it is, these formative years define mental strength and idiots are so cruel in those years.

So Mr Trump for me was an total fool for his use of words in this case, he was getting pleasure from it and in a case where its nothing to do with him, some opinions are best kept to yourself.

Personally, if he said that about my daughter then he would best hope his security got to me first, a fool and his teeth are easily parted...
edit on 29-9-2016 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Oh screw that!! You know exactly why it was wrong for him to say those things. This is a pageant where everyone strives to be perfect and every insecurity is pointed out. So the poor girl doesn't follow suit and trump decides to hit her where it hurts and talk about her weight gain. OBVIOUSLY it's not the same if we call trump fat or ugly...he knows he is extremely unattractive.

If you want to do equal damage tell him how bad he lost the debate...that's more of a level playing field.a reply to: Grambler

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Actually, no. He has it right already.

I've seen conservatives bash Hillary for lying, for her policies, and for her lack of understanding of 3/4 of the country.

Nothing even close to misogyny.

(besides, in no way is bashing ONE woman, misogyny, so even if they do/did it's all on her, not ALL women)

However, the Liberals bash Trump with any cheap insult they can. Time and time again. Just look at the naked Trump statue with the small "package" that was put on display.......

And that is 90% why I am voting against Liberalism this year. They lost this Independent with that BS.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
I enter this as a father of an anorexic girl who has seen her sent to a hospital where it was like the worst parts of the army in a bid to 'fatten' her up but not address the mental health issue. So what I think is that there's a way of saying words and there's a way of getting a rise out of the person for effect, Trump seems to have crossed this barrier and uses it to make fun of her (IF these words attributed to him are right) and THAT in a public spotlight is wrong, as an ex manager there's a real no no about shaming a person in public, its only at the last reason you make it public to have a proper effect so using it to gain levity on a political platform is wrong no matter what you feel. The apparent Hispanic comments only solidify how wrong he was. I like neither of these idiots running for office, you have the massively corrupt Hillary and the massively incompetent Trump who speaks from the back end of his person most of the time.

Personally, IF he said these things then the man is an idiot for doing them in an open media covered way, yes she contractually obliged to regulate her weight when being paid BUT its not for Trump to do the very public shame tactic, its for the pageant operators to privately discuss it with her..

But here's my other view, weight shaming is a dangerous thing in women, they are much more likely to develop image issues than men as for obvious reasons women are put on a pedestal to 'look good', this comes from men, women but also from people they know and don't know, just look at that abomination Facebook and social media in general to see how it works. For my daughter it was bullying and a possible hint of autistic spectrum (yet to be examined by the so called 'mental health professionals) which affects the ability to be around people that triggered her Anorexia and its just so easy to trigger it in women, more so if you are in the spotlight. While my 16yr old daughter tries to rid herself of this horrible mental disease it irks me so much to see young women being attacked for weight issues, the younger in the teen era the more likely it is, these formative years define mental strength and idiots are so cruel in those years.

So Mr Trump for me was an total fool for his use of words in this case, he was getting pleasure from it and in a case where its nothing to do with him, some opinions are best kept to yourself.

Personally, if he said that about my daughter then he would best hope his security got to me first, a fool and his teeth are easily parted...

UGH.

Sorry for your daughter's illness.

However, you're assuming this is fact, when it is only hearsay, from a woman of questionable character.

Please don't assume anything, that's more dangerous than people think.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Weve seen what refugees have done to women, little girls and even little boys supposedly. Hillary wants to bring even more refugees than Obama, to our american soil. To bring the european crysis over here.

Words are one thing, especially if they might not have even been said and if said lie in the past. A future of fondling and rape is far worse.

But people are free to vote, to vote for the future they want, and the fate that will befall some.

edit on 29-9-2016 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2016 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I find the whole situation two face and hypocritical. Reminds me when Steve Jobs died. A friend made a comment: "to bad he failed to take his OS with him (Operating System)" one girl, who was a an Apple fan girl cursed him out and deleted him from her 'friends' list on Facebook. This same girl made constant Amy Winehouse jokes tied to drug overdosing and had no problem laughing at racist jokes. But couldn't take the fact that other people dont feel the same way as her. (regarding certain people.)

The same is happening with Trump and Hillary. People will dig at him over his skin tone, weight, age, etc yet sit back and criticise when he does the same as them. Some even make naked statues of him with a small wiener and they think it's Hilarious! Even excusing it as 'artwork'. If they did that to Hillary, they would brand it as body shaming. Yet grandma Benghazi gets a free pass and even allow her to do it. Many justify it by saying they're not a democratic or republican like that somehow makes it okay, yet get angry when Trump does it.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Check out the CNN article on this from back in the day:

www.cnn.com...

CNN makes a joke about her weight "no one could accuse her of being the size of the universe. But as her universe expanded, so did she, putting on nearly 60 pounds" but that's ok.

Kellogg fat shamed her too "And as her weight grew, so did reports that Kellogg had canceled a deal for her to appear on boxes of Special K in Venezuela or that Kellogg modified her body on the box."

I like how the article ends, with Donald fat shaming some of the reporters too! "A lot of you folks have weight problems. I hate to tell you," Trump told the rowdy pool of reporters.

I love it when non-issues become issues. Just another distraction.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Anyone that thinks this:

So he told her to lose weight in front of people, and called her names such as Miss Piggy and an eating machine and miss housekeeping because shes hispanic..

... is OK for anyone, let alone an employer, has serious social problems. That is unacceptable anywhere.

It's called a contract and please link Trump actually calling her "Miss Piggy". I have looked for a direct quote and can't find it, imagine that. It's no surprise the media and Hillary put words in his mouth. Hell, they've been doing it for quite a while now. The only person quoted that I can find calling her "Miss Piggy" is Hillary Clinton. Oh and the military also has weight requirements and for good reason.
edit on 29-9-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
ugh. no flag, no star.

Trump is a jerk. With a track record.
Tax cheat, misogynist, racist, purchaser-of-congresspeople, breacher-of-contracts, control freak.

If you vote for him, you are claiming those things are acceptable.

The political derp is strong on ATS. And yes, I am "making fun" of people who think Trump is the bee's knees.....
he is a deplorable person with lots of money.

If that's what you want to be, a "rich" deplorable person who does not respect ANYONE, then he's your man.
I'm so tired of this #.

Gads, you all are just as awful as he is. And that's why you like him. He gives you permission to be an Ugly American.
Y'all should put bags over your heads in shame.

edit on 9/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
...and please link Trump actually calling her "Miss Piggy".

I swear all Trumpeteers are from Missouri. Why waste the energy? The source would be put down. It wold be denied. It could be splashed over Fox and the spin would still come.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Who cares what those people do.. who they are.. any of that. Are they running for POTUS? Trump has repeatedly and on public record said many things about woman (and other topics.. including his own genitalia), that disgust me. Not disgust me per se as in it angers me someone talks like that. I have friends that are horribly non-politically correct. But.. they are not running for POTUS either.

That's the point.. as a candidate, he is supposed to adhere to a higher standard. He doesn't, but oddly gets a pass because those he has been involved with have issues? Who cares? If he can't take the high ground when it comes to those folks, why do you think he will when it matters with dignitaries and leaders of other countries?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You know what would have made this go away AND probably gained him votes? The day after the debate when he was talking to the Fox folks all he had to do was, "Yeah, I regret saying things to her." BOOM. Defused.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
...and please link Trump actually calling her "Miss Piggy".

I swear all Trumpeteers are from Missouri. Why waste the energy? The source would be put down. It wold be denied. It could be splashed over Fox and the spin would still come.

Thanks for proving my point. There is no source or at least one that I can find. I'm also not from Missouri to "Correct the Record".

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join