It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela-Effect

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

edit on 1 10 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: Agartha

Critical analysis you say?
You mean like posts like this:

People's memories aren't perfect and they can't admit it. Frankly I find it a bit pathetic.

Or are you talking about something else?

Yes, critical analysis, like saying JFK's limo had 4 seats only, for example, because of lack of research and critical analysis. Confirmation bias to prove their beliefs, instead of looking for real information

I've seen just as much confirmation bias, lack of research and critical analysis, flights of fantasy and complete falsehood from doubters of ME as the believers.
Let's not try and make out it's all one sided...

It seems pretty one sided to me.

Of course it does.

This is what I find most interesting about all this.
A ridiculous claim or statement is mostly only pointed out or contested or even noticed by someone from the other camp. If it backs up your stance, no matter how idiotic or just plain false, it's somehow valid.

That's generally how debates on the internet work. However, in this case, we have an unfalsifiable phenomena without one single instance where the "shared memory" in question can be more easily explained by "jumping timelines" than it can by something mundane.

Erego, every single one of these threads starts out at an illogical flight of fancy. It's pretty hard for anyone on the other side to make it worse.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I've seen just as much confirmation bias, lack of research and critical analysis, flights of fantasy and complete falsehood from doubters of ME as the believers.

I also think it is one sided, but please prove me wrong and show us an example of a doubter posting something that was false or a fantasy (which they usually stem from lack of research and critical analysis).

And again, of course you think it's one sided.
And typically you now want me to show you an example of something that you have willfully ignored.
There's an example a few posts up, you even replied to it after I pointed it out!

And you don't remember the comical non existent grammar rule debate that came about from someone talking rubbish about what Darth Vader couldn't have said in one of these thread?
I will try and find it and link you to it if you really missed that one somehow.
It was quite an eye opener...

You'll get fools saying foolish things on both sides of ANY argument because this is the internet and median IQ is what it is, but that in no way makes both sides equal in that regard.

edit on 1-10-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

People's memories aren't perfect and they can't admit it. Frankly I find it a bit pathetic.

Yes, critical analysis, like saying JFK's limo had 4 seats only, for example, because of lack of research and critical analysis. Confirmation bias to prove their beliefs, instead of looking for real information

Of course it does.

A ridiculous claim or statement is mostly only pointed out or contested or even noticed by someone from the other camp. If it backs up your stance, no matter how idiotic or just plain false, it's somehow valid.

That's generally how debates on the internet work. However, in this case, we have an unfalsifiable phenomena without one single instance where the "shared memory" in question can be more easily explained by "jumping timelines" than it can by something mundane.

Erego, every single one of these threads starts out at an illogical flight of fancy. It's pretty hard for anyone on the other side to make it worse.

And yet they do.
Denial of this is just another example.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I also think it is one sided, but please prove me wrong and show us an example of a doubter posting something that was false or a fantasy (which they usually stem from lack of research and critical analysis).

And typically you now want me to show you an example of something that you have willfully ignored.
There's an example a few posts up, you even replied to it after I pointed it out!

And you don't remember the comical non existent grammar rule debate that came about from someone talking rubbish about what Darth Vader couldn't have said in one of these thread?
I will try and find it and link you to it if you really missed that one somehow.

You'll get fools saying foolish things on both sides of ANY argument because this is the internet and median IQ is what it is, but that in no way makes both sides equal in that regard.

Why not?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Why not?

Because ME is an unfalsifiable concept without a single instance where it cannot most easily be explained by something mundane. Therefore, EVERY post advocating an exotic explanation is foolish.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Of course it does.

And yet they do.

Well, I suppose we have to define what we mean by "worse." In my opinion, once one side of the debate has chosen to abandon reason entirely, it's not really possible for the other side to make it worse, as there is no worse outcome from a logic perspective than the one already achieved.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Why not?

Because ME is an unfalsifiable concept without a single instance where it cannot most easily be explained by something mundane. Therefore, EVERY post advocating an exotic explanation is foolish.

Even in an environment where exotic speculation is supposed to be encouraged?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Why not?

Just because we're in Skunk Works doesn't mean it's suddenly not foolish to abandon reason. The rules for this forum even state the hope that members won't dive off into the realm of utter ridiculousness.

Being in Skunk Works means I cannot demand from you PROOF, nor can you demand it of me. It also means we are allowed to discuss all sorts of exotic possibilities. But to insist an exotic possibility is absolutely true when a mundane one is much more likely strains logic, no matter what forum we're in.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
There could be countless random explinations.

They could be splitting the Universe purposefully to copy the matter and then import and export material products from dimension to dimension. Creating some sort of "error" could be conditional to split the reality in the first place.

edit on 1-10-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Of course it does.

And yet they do.

Well, I suppose we have to define what we mean by "worse." In my opinion, once one side of the debate has chosen to abandon reason entirely, it's not really possible for the other side to make it worse, as there is no worse outcome from a logic perspective than the one already achieved.

Well in my opinion, claiming intellectual superiority over the side who wish to speculate about more outlandish explanations in a forum for that very purpose is the very hight of abandoning logical reasoning.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Of course it does.

And yet they do.

Well in my opinion, claiming intellectual superiority over the side who wish to speculate about more outlandish explanations in a forum for that very purpose is the very hight of abandoning logical reasoning.

Your opinion is noted.

For the record, I make no claim to a general intellectual superiority. People of all levels of intelligence believe all manner of strange things. I'm simply trying to engage you in the conversation that you started about both sides of the debate being guilty of flights of fancy, which seems a very strange position to take, when one side of this particular debate is a flight of fancy in and of itself.

It also seems strange that you would now cite the fact that we're in a forum specifically designed for flights of fancy, as if you realized this all along.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

I can see the more reliant we are on digital information that blips can occur
In the transfer of information
Though this occurs in other forms of copying information from an original source

But respectfully
Whi is the "They" you refer to

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Whi is the "They" you refer to

First my condolences in the ME changing your post. I know some will say "i" and "o" are right next to each other, but we have to remember what Phage said, about the wave collapsing. Basically because "i" is so close to "o", the most likely dimension to coexist would be where that mistake is made.

Second, the Nazi's. Naturally.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Why not?

Just because we're in Skunk Works doesn't mean it's suddenly not foolish to abandon reason. The rules for this forum even state the hope that members won't dive off into the realm of utter ridiculousness.

Being in Skunk Works means I cannot demand from you PROOF, nor can you demand it of me. It also means we are allowed to discuss all sorts of exotic possibilities. But to insist an exotic possibility is absolutely true when a mundane one is much more likely strains logic, no matter what forum we're in.

Just out of curiosity, and please don't think this is me suggesting you shouldn't or can't participate, what do you get out of the conversation? What do you take away that shows you it was time well spent? I am not asking so I can make a judgement or comment I am honestly just curious.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Of course it does.

And yet they do.

Your opinion is noted.

For the record, I make no claim to a general intellectual superiority. People of all levels of intelligence believe all manner of strange things. I'm simply trying to engage you in the conversation that you started about both sides of the debate being guilty of flights of fancy, which seems a very strange position to take, when one side of this particular debate is a flight of fancy in and of itself.

It also seems strange that you would now cite the fact that we're in a forum specifically designed for flights of fancy, as if you realized this all along.

Why is that strange to you?
I'm pointing out that the bull# isn't one-sided.

Speculation is speculation.
Talking crap is talking crap.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So the mistake is made by the one passing on the information ok I can go with that
Thanks fir explaining

Damn Nazis eh

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Why not?

Just out of curiosity, and please don't think this is me suggesting you shouldn't or can't participate, what do you get out of the conversation? What do you take away that shows you it was time well spent? I am not asking so I can make a judgement or comment I am honestly just curious.

Strange isn't it.
I don't believe in ghosts, but you don't see me in those threads telling people they are wrong about their experiences.

A bit of my own "critical analysis" :
Some members here get their arses handed to them in their usual haunts, the science and political forums. They then come here in an attempt to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Of course that's just speculation. I'm not that full of myself to claim authority over someone else's experience...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Why not?

My original interest in ME was from a science-fiction perspective. I was thinking of writing a novel on the subject, and perused these threads for ideas. I still do that, hoping for something more compelling than what I've seen thus far.

Of course, I could make it more compelling by tying it in with something like time slips, but my first novel was packed full of time slips, so perhaps something like dimension shifting, where the POV character knowingly jets from one dimension to another.

I challenge people in the hopes that they'll produce a more convincing argument or more compelling evidence.

P.S.

That JFK-Car picture really got my attention for a few minutes, until it was exposed.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Why not?

Strange isn't it.
I don't believe in ghosts, but you don't see me in those threads telling people they are wrong about their experiences.

A bit of my own "critical analysis" :
Some members here get their arses handed to them in their usual haunts, the science and political forums. They then come here in an attempt to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Of course that's just speculation. I'm not that full of myself to claim authority over someone else's experience...

Well, since Skunk Works is my usual haunt, this clearly does not apply to me.

I do enjoy the science forums, but I can't say I've ever had my "arse" handed to me there.

Lately I've been distracted by the political forums. In those forums, everyone loses.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join