It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela-Effect

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Yeah, i remember only 4 people in that car, i was standing there in the crowd i remember.

The devil works in mysterious mandelic ways.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: stonerwilliam

yet there exists on the net photos of only 2x2 in the car governor Connaly and wife seats are now gone .

No.
There is one image in which, from the angle taken, Connaly and wife are obscured.

Here is another angle phage you might see what i am getting at in one photo 6 seats in another official photo 4 seats and if you check the last few posts one member here says 4 in the car

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Regarding Kennedy's car

The photos making claim to 4 seats are not full photos
Infact even considering the part photo claiming 4 seats
It must belong to a rather stumped version of a car
or could it be if a photo showing the entire car was given it would show 6 seats unless photo shopped
Or if 4 seats another car entirley

Makes more sense than the theory of a Mandela effect

It surely must be understand that Human Memory is far from 100 per cent reliable
Also the way we read and scan information auto corrects perceived words
In other words when reading we do not always note spelling

edit on 1-10-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Here is another angle phage you might see what i am getting at in one photo 6 seats in another official photo 4 seats and if you check the last few posts one member here says 4 in the car

What's happened here is that you're mistaking the structure at the right of that image for the windshield and dashboard of the car.

It's not, it's what was called a 'privacy window', a sort of redundant windshield between driver and VIP passengers, meaning the four passengers could have private conversations (clearly in the interests of security during this motorcade). Such features are not uncommon in regular taxi cabs today.

Here's a better photo, showing the privacy window in a bit more context. (Link because I've not figured out how to upload yet).

ss100x.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

What's happened here is that you're mistaking the structure at the right of that image for the windshield and dashboard of the car.

It's not, it's what was called a 'privacy window', a sort of redundant windshield between driver and VIP passengers, meaning the four passengers could have private conversations (clearly in the interests of security during this motorcade).

You mean the structure on the right that clearly shows the dashboard and steering wheel?
That's just a privacy window, right?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ruiner1978

It could be a steering wheel and a dashboard, but my eyes aren't good enough to make out that level of detail and I can't find a bigger version of that image.

But I'm assuming it's not a steering wheel and dashboard, since there was definitely a privacy window in that position in the JFK limo, so it's a natural conclusion that the privacy window is also seen in that small b/w image.

On the other hand, now that I look at it again, I think it's another car altogether. It looks the part, sure enough, but there is something obviously and immediately wrong with the picture.

Here's a picture of the real JFK limo, shortly after the shooting. Spot the difference: www.jfklancer.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Ruiner1978

It could be a steering wheel and a dashboard, but my eyes aren't good enough to make out that level of detail and I can't find a bigger version of that image.

But I'm assuming it's not a steering wheel and dashboard, since there was definitely a privacy window in that position in the JFK limo, so it's a natural conclusion that the privacy window is also seen in that small b/w image.

On the other hand, now that I look at it again, I think it's another car altogether. It looks the part, sure enough, but there is something obviously and immediately wrong with the picture.

Here's a picture of the real JFK limo, shortly after the shooting. Spot the difference: www.jfklancer.com...

It's clearly the steering wheel and dashboard, not a privacy window.
If your eyes are really that bad you can always zoom in.

You assumed it was the privacy window and concluded so based purely on your preconceptions of the car, even though it's clearly visible it is the dash and not a privacy window. Telling someone else they were mistaken.

Lol, this is more of the "critical analysis" spoke of earlier?

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
You're right, I'd forgotten I could zoom in (I am in early middle age and have developed long-sightedness). It's definitely a steering wheel.

But as for this bit:

You assumed it was the privacy window and concluded so based purely on your preconceptions of the car, even though it's clearly visible it is the dash and not a privacy window. Telling someone else they were mistaken.

My mistake was to assume that the original poster of the image was reliable.

Their picture does not show the JFK limo, as I demonstrated in my previous post.

But oddly, or perhaps not so oddly, you've ignored that.

So yes, mea culpa, I was misled by my own preconceptions. But the thing is, my preconceptions were right, the real JFK limo did have a privacy window in that position. It was the person who posted that little b/w image who got it totally wrong and that's where the confusion arose. The image is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

That's not JFK's limo, that was Lyndon Johnson's convertible which was driving behind the limo and after he was shot the whole motorcade went to to the hospital. This is why people left flowers on the backseat of the car (outside the hospital).

JFK's limo had 6 seats. No evidence anywhere to prove otherwise.

JFK assassination - Lyndon Johnson's convertible.

If you search online you'll find many sources that confirm the above.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

You're right, I'd forgotten I could zoom in (I am in early middle age and have developed long-sightedness). It's definitely a steering wheel.

But as for this bit:

My mistake was to assume that the original poster of the image was reliable.

Their picture does not show the JFK limo, as I demonstrated in my previous post.

But oddly, or perhaps not so oddly, you've ignored that.

So yes, mea culpa, I was misled by my own preconceptions. But the thing is, my preconceptions were right, the real JFK limo did have a privacy window in that position. It was the person who posted that little b/w image who got it totally wrong and that's where the confusion arose. The image is a hoax.

I'm long sighted too, I wear glasses and everything.

Oddly, or not so oddly you don't seem to understand what I'm highlighting.

A member made a grossly arrogant claim a few pages back about intelligence, education and critical analysis. How one camp has it in abundance, and the other camp is lacking.
I'm pointing out that this isn't the case.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

That's not JFK's limo, that was Lyndon Johnson's convertible which was driving behind the limo and after he was shot the whole motorcade went to to the hospital. This is why people left flowers on the backseat of the car (outside the hospital).

JFK's limo had 6 seats. No evidence anywhere to prove otherwise.

JFK assassination - Lyndon Johnson's convertible.

If you search online you'll find many sources that confirm the above.

See, That's how you do it.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ruiner1978
Critical analysis you say?
You mean like posts like this:

People's memories aren't perfect and they can't admit it. Frankly I find it a bit pathetic.

Or are you talking about something else?

Yes, critical analysis, like saying JFK's limo had 4 seats only, for example, because of lack of research and critical analysis. Confirmation bias to prove their beliefs, instead of looking for real information.

Here is an example....

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Ruiner, some people just cannot see the forest for the trees.

LOL, yep, like people who believe JFK's limo had 4 seats and post pictures of Lyndon Johnson's convertible.
See above.

Then suggest there is something lacking in MY intelligence. It would be entertaining if it wasn't so frustrating.

You were the first one who talked about the doubters intelligence, not me. I only replied to you to refute your ridiculous statement.

If you don't want people judging your intelligence, then refrain from judging others first.

edit on 1-10-2016 by Agartha because: Nevermind....

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

People's memories aren't perfect and they can't admit it. Frankly I find it a bit pathetic.

Yes, critical analysis, like saying JFK's limo had 4 seats only, for example, because of lack of research and critical analysis. Confirmation bias to prove their beliefs, instead of looking for real information

I've seen just as much confirmation bias, lack of research and critical analysis, flights of fantasy and complete falsehood from doubters of ME as the believers.
Let's not try and make out it's all one sided...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Yes, critical analysis, like saying JFK's limo had 4 seats only, for example, because of lack of research and critical analysis. Confirmation bias to prove their beliefs, instead of looking for real information.

Here is an example....

originally posted by: sputniksteve
Ruiner, some people just cannot see the forest for the trees.

LOL, yep, like people who believe JFK's limo had 4 seats and post pictures of Lyndon Johnson's convertible.
See above.

Then suggest there is something lacking in MY intelligence. It would be entertaining if it wasn't so frustrating.

You were the first one who talked about the doubters intelligence, not me. I only replied to you to refute your ridiculous statement.

If you don't want people judging your intelligence, then refrain from judging others first.

All I can say is that there is a huge market here just waiting to be exploited.

Are these Mandela peeps willing to spend 5 bucks on an ebook? I'll put one together telling them exactly what they want to hear.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Yes, critical analysis, like saying JFK's limo had 4 seats only, for example, because of lack of research and critical analysis. Confirmation bias to prove their beliefs, instead of looking for real information

I've seen just as much confirmation bias, lack of research and critical analysis, flights of fantasy and complete falsehood from doubters of ME as the believers.

It seems pretty one sided to me.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

It seems pretty one sided to me.

Of course it does.

This is what I find most interesting about all this.
A ridiculous claim or statement is mostly only pointed out or contested or even noticed by someone from the other camp. If it backs up your stance, no matter how idiotic or just plain false, it's somehow valid.
edit on 1 10 1616 by Ruiner1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I also think it is one sided, but please prove me wrong and show us an example of a doubter posting something that was false or a fantasy (which they usually stem from lack of research and critical analysis).

originally posted by: Greggers
All I can say is that there is a huge market here just waiting to be exploited.

Are these Mandela peeps willing to spend 5 bucks on an ebook? I'll put one together telling them exactly what they want to hear.

There is a huge market indeed. Perhaps you should become a youtuber and create a video, it's free and you don't need any evidence as the video itself will be presented as proof.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

A member made a grossly arrogant claim a few pages back about intelligence, education and critical analysis. How one camp has it in abundance, and the other camp is lacking.

Yes, but the thing is, that member wasn't me, and I don't care about the argument you're putting up against them.

I am content to rest on what I've posted and let others reach their own conclusions.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I also think it is one sided, but please prove me wrong and show us an example of a doubter posting something that was false or a fantasy (which they usually stem from lack of research and critical analysis).

And again, of course you think it's one sided.
And typically you now want me to show you an example of something that you have willfully ignored.
There's an example a few posts up, you even replied to it after I pointed it out!

And you don't remember the comical non existent grammar rule debate that came about from someone talking rubbish about what Darth Vader couldn't have said in one of these thread?
I will try and find it and link you to it if you really missed that one somehow.
It was quite an eye opener...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Yes, but the thing is, that member wasn't me, and I don't care about the argument you're putting up against them.

I am content to rest on what I've posted and let others reach their own conclusions.

You don't have to care.
I don't care that you don't care.

I pointed out a false claim.
Others WILL reach their own conclusions, whether that's based on truth or their own bias is up to them...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join