It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mandela-Effect

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

originally posted by: DelMarvel
I'm pretty sure the Mandela Effect is stalking me, too. More and more things aren't the way I remembered them.

Also, the government is making everyone print things in smaller and smaller letters and they must be putting something in the pasta that's making my hair line recede.

I am not sure what to tell you Delmar. I am skeptical of your statement but I would probably stop eating the pasta if you really believe that.

Guess I should have included a little smiley icon to indicate I was joking.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

I'm pretty sure the Mandela Effect is stalking me, too. More and more things aren't the way I remembered them.

Also, the government is making everyone print things in smaller and smaller letters and they must be putting something in the pasta that's making my hair line recede.

I am not sure what to tell you Delmar. I am skeptical of your statement but I would probably stop eating the pasta if you really believe that.

Guess I should have included a little smiley icon to indicate I was joking.

I don't know that the thread needed any comedic relief but it seems no one has the manners or ability to do anything other than make fun so yeah it would probably help if you make the finger pointing really obvious as to not confuse anyone trying to have an actual discussion into wasting their time.

I know all of you think it's stupid and silly, I just don't get why you choose to bother in that case. It truly perplexes me, I get the drive by "you are idiot" type replies I guess for the most part. But the cruelty of knowing people take something serious and the whimsy with which you crap on them makes me sad. I'm not innocent I have done it before too, but we all have to grow up eventually.

I am not suggesting people shouldn't be allowed to participate, if you want to embarrass yourself by all means go ahead but try and remember some decency and at the very least the rules of the Forum even if it's Skunkworks and the moderators allow it because they share your views. You don't have to act like the lowest common denominator you can do better if you want.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon
I believe the guy from the Talking Heads wrote a song about that. Something about realizing that it wasn't his beautiful house, or wife.. and wondering how he got there.

sputniksteve has laid it out perfectly (and eloquently I should add). We have thousands of people essentially remembering things differently. That said; the memories that are being recalled are all the same. That fact alone provides us with all of the information we should need in order to further the discussion. Whether or not it has anything to do with quantum physics, poor memories, or evil Nazis the experience is real to those that are experiencing it.

One nifty little wrinkle in the Mandela Effect argument is the notion that it is a dimensional shift that results in a shift in consciousness as well. Implying that those who haven't experienced it simply haven't 'shifted'.

It's a neat little fail-safe for those who fall short of convincing people that it's a real phenomenon.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Oh, come on! Lighten up! Wasn't the OP just joking?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I believe the guy from the Talking Heads wrote a song about that. Something about realizing that it wasn't his beautiful house, or wife.. and wondering how he got there
a reply to: TheDarkHorse

I interprete that song quite differently ... art is like that I guess
Each see what they want to see

For me the song represented the artificiality of the accepted norm
The house and wife almost Stepford Wives like ... the meaning that there is more to life that what society dictates
Water running over rock representing Time passing and the erosion of the inner being being worn down by the banality of social acceptance

Joni Mitchell's Harry's House center piece is the female voice of this condition

I guess you would need to ask the artists concerned the intention/meaning of their song
I doubt the answer would be, dimensional shifts and colliding Universes or Nazi time warping
Though those desciptions could work but only in a meaphorical way not reality

edit on 30-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDarkHorse
a reply to: audubon
I believe the guy from the Talking Heads wrote a song about that. Something about realizing that it wasn't his beautiful house, or wife.. and wondering how he got there.

sputniksteve has laid it out perfectly (and eloquently I should add). We have thousands of people essentially remembering things differently. That said; the memories that are being recalled are all the same. That fact alone provides us with all of the information we should need in order to further the discussion. Whether or not it has anything to do with quantum physics, poor memories, or evil Nazis the experience is real to those that are experiencing it.

One nifty little wrinkle in the Mandela Effect argument is the notion that it is a dimensional shift that results in a shift in consciousness as well. Implying that those who haven't experienced it simply haven't 'shifted'.

It's a neat little fail-safe for those who fall short of convincing people that it's a real phenomenon.

Thank you TDH, I am glad you are picking up what I am laying down.

As far as that wrinkle, it is almost too perfect isn't it? It's like the entire phenomenon had this built in escape hatch not at all dissimilar to "having faith" in God. The religious experience is just as subjective and requires a level of cognitive dissonance as well. One must make a choice between what is in front of and all around them or in something they cannot prove, show, or explain. You either know it or you don't.

For that I hate it, more than any other reason. Not because I can't convince others, but because its too convenient. All of that is why I specifically want to put it all aside and look at the data itself. At that point there is no need to discuss cause only effect, and for that you don't need faith or proof or even much of a brain.

For myself everything but effect is just noise now, mucking up the field and players. I tried to start my own thread specifically to discuss my perspective but I didn't even get this many replies. It seems everyone is very slow to recognize what is actually happening and the significance of it. Eventually that will change and it will become obvious and they will pretend they saw it the whole time.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You are grabbing at straws

Guess the Mandela effect fad brightens up a some what less ordinary existence
So you make moutains out of mole hills and distort all to this present fad

Do not worry there will be more non sense to come

Distorted evidence and interpretation is all I see
Certainly no proof

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Oh, come on! Lighten up! Wasn't the OP just joking?

Would it really make a difference Delmarvel? I don't believe OP was joking at all, but if you knew he wasn't are you saying you wouldn't have made fun?

You don't have to answer I think we both know.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time. I've noticed these typos only APPEAR when I actually read the post. If I don't read it, of course I know my spelling is perfect!

Mandela!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers
The post exists in two superimposed states; corrected spelled and incorrectly spelled.
Upon your reading, the function collapses into one or the other.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

You are grabbing at straws

Guess the Mandela effect fad brightens up a some what less ordinary existence
So you make moutains out of mole hills and distort all to this present fad

Do not worry there will be more non sense to come

Distorted evidence and interpretation is all I see
Certainly no proof

Yes you have made your point a few times now. Frankly I haven't spoken to you directly because you aren't all that polite about making that point, and for someone that claims to be an artist and a poet you haven't said a single thing that has intrigued me in the slightest.

You are not even discussing the same thing I am. I don't know why you are trying to get my attention. I don't believe it will result in either of us learning anything.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
The post exists in two superimposed states; corrected spelled and incorrectly spelled.

It always collapses into the typo state! It's a conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Lol ... You seem to be having a go at any who's posts you do not approve of
Sorry if I am not mealy mouthed and the truth hurts

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

No. It's you.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers

No. It's you.

No way, man. Nelson Mandela is personally typing my posts.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Lol ... You seem to be having a go at any who's posts you do not approve of
Sorry if I am not mealy mouthed and the truth hurts

If trying to have an intelligent conversation instead of settling for boring and totally unoriginal observations is "Aving a go" then yes you are right.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

In your opinion perhaps
I see nothing of Intelligence put forward regarding evidence or proof of this so called Mandela effect
That does not have a rational explanation

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Stay cute Artistpoet! See you next year!!!

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Tonight i was watching a documentary on the JFK shooting and sure enough the presidential car in the movie had 6 occupants inside 3x2 yet there exists on the net photos of only 2x2 in the car governor Connaly and wife seats are now gone .

And Sri Lanka when i was a kid was depicted as a pearl earing next to India it was down and to the right slightly now it is bigger and up a lot to the right hundreds of miles

edit on 30/9/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

yet there exists on the net photos of only 2x2 in the car governor Connaly and wife seats are now gone .

No.
There is one image in which, from the angle taken, Connaly and wife are obscured.

edit on 10/1/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join