It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela-Effect

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I thought a mandela was some dream catcher looking thing.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

Lol
I think you are refering to Mandala

Mandala
"a circular figure representing the universe in Hindu and Buddhist symbolism." (And also New Age)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

So what does a "mandala affect"
edit on 30 by AshFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

So what does a "mandala affect"

Open to debate ...
I think they are used to meditate on to unlock the secrets of the Universe oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh
Many are repetitive patterns of ever decreasing circles ... bit like fractals
But there are so many different ones depending on the artist
The act of creating them is supposed to be a meditation in itself
Many are done as an act of devotion to ones faith like Buddism
or drugism in some from the 1960s when they became popular with the Hippie movement

edit on 30-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I think I like Mandalas more than mandelas

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Yes Mandalas are much more fun than Mandelas
Also more tangible and relaxing than all those Universes bumping together
and causing dimensional shifts and things to fall off the table
I blame the Nazis ... those cursed Mandela Nazis

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Riveting off topic discussion you guys are having.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Yes don't interupt please
I think there may be a link between Mandalas and Mandelas
You know ... The Universe and all that
Dimensional shifts ... one loses information (Mandela) one gains it (Mandala)
I think Mandalas may be the cure this dreaded Mandela effect

Let us all focus on Mandalas and gain insights into the Universe of Mendela and destroy it before it destroys us
I personally think the Mandela effect is the work of the Devil and the Nazis of course
WAKE UP before it is too late
Stare at a Mandala for your own salvation and to save the Earth

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The thing that gets me is that the 'Mandela Effect' seems to occur almost exclusively with media phenomena. TV shows, bits of film, news coverage, book titles, cartoon characters etc. No-one ever reports waking up in an unfamiliar house with a strange new family, or their living-room seemingly being redecorated overnight. I find it strange that some inexplicable force able to make massive alterations to the space-time continuum restricts itself to dicking about with VHS tapes and not, say, putting a giant dildo where the Eiffel Tower ought to be.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

No-one ever reports waking up in an unfamiliar house with a strange new family,

See you just jump to assumtions based on reasoning and facts

Well let me tell you buster ...
I did wake up in an unfamiliar house with a strange new family ... after I sobered up

See Mandela effect proof ok

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
heh

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
The thing that gets me is that the 'Mandela Effect' seems to occur almost exclusively with media phenomena. TV shows, bits of film, news coverage, book titles, cartoon characters etc. No-one ever reports waking up in an unfamiliar house with a strange new family, or their living-room seemingly being redecorated overnight. I find it strange that some inexplicable force able to make massive alterations to the space-time continuum restricts itself to dicking about with VHS tapes and not, say, putting a giant dildo where the Eiffel Tower ought to be.

Are you certain no one has ever reported waking up to a new family? I have heard reports of things very similar for a long time now, they were just never mentioned in the same sentence as Mandela Effect.

Assuming that this has to be caused by "space-time continuum" is not something I have heard very many people comfortable with claiming as the only possible cause. In fact most people on ATS, and mostly everyone in this thread says it is nothing but incorrect memory.

The reality is that no one knows for certain if it is poor or confabulated memory, space-time continuum, CIA mind op, etc. Some people refuse to even admit that thousands of people reporting the exact same memory is more than mere coincidence, and that there is no "Mandela Effect".

There is no consensus between people that report experiencing the Mandela Effect even, there isn't even a platform to be "argued". It is people reporting things they think are attributed to the meme most of us recognize as the "Mandela Effect", sometimes those are the exact same things that other people report and sometimes it isn't.

Now excluding all of those possibilities of what is actually happening or not happening and how that possibly happening thing might be happening, what do you think the probabilities in any scenario or theoretical reality are that the Eiffel Tower would suddenly turn into a "dildo"?

Would you guess the fact that the Eiffel Tower hasn't turned into a "dildo" gives the phenomenon referred to as "Mandela Effect" more credibility or less? How would you percieve that fact in context of any of the scientific theories based on Parallel Worlds and Quantum Physics? Would you think it is connected or lend any credibility to either of those?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Sorry my feeble attempt at a jest

My excuse is I am running a fever right now ... some horrible bug

But I agree whole heartedly with your posts observations

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: imjack

You have far too much time on your hands.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Everyone thinks that Humphrey Bogart says "Play it again, Sam" in Casablanca. Everyone is wrong, but that doesn't mean the film has somehow magically changed since whenever, and it doesn't make the fact that everyone is wrong into some great mystery. And it certainly doesn't need other dimensions or vague notions about quantum physics to explain it.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Everyone thinks that Humphrey Bogart says "Play it again, Sam" in Casablanca. Everyone is wrong, but that doesn't mean the film has somehow magically changed since whenever, and it doesn't make the fact that everyone is wrong into some great mystery. And it certainly doesn't need other dimensions or vague notions about quantum physics to explain it.

I agree with you. I didn't claim otherwise. I don't know how much more clear I can possibly be, and I don't understand why I am still being misunderstood. I am not being cryptic, please take my words literally.

I understand that you cannot answer my question, there seems to be no point in trying right? It is totally unrelated? That is exactly my point.

It's OK. We will watch people that also don't understand my questions or message post back and forth with the sick bantz like a game of tennis until someone that does enters the conversation.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Your previous post would have needed chopping into lots of segments to address properly. I didn't really have the patience. As for 'not being able to answer your question', well, which of the four questions identifiable in that post do you want answered?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Your previous post would have needed chopping into lots of segments to address properly. I didn't really have the patience. As for 'not being able to answer your question', well, which of the four questions identifiable in that post do you want answered?

I understand, it looks like I am setting some trap or attempting to outwit people. If I thought that I might not have the patience to answer honestly either. Like I said earlier, please take my words literally. There is no trap, or attempt to outwit.

If you can answer any of the questions it would be sufficient, because it would pretty much answer all of them. So in that case take your pick, or in 1 paragraph you can pretty easily answer them all. They are pretty simple questions with very simple answers.

As a side note, if you truly don't have the patience or desire to have the conversation, don't have it. You won't hurt my feelings if you just say this is dumb I don't want to do it. It won't reflect poorly on you in any way. I would respect you more personally for you to be honest than to feel like you are somehow obligated to do something you don't want to just because I asked you specifically. You are the only one being polite and on topic so you are the one I quoted.
edit on 9/30/2016 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the Mandela Effect is stalking me, too. More and more things aren't the way I remembered them.

Also, the government is making everyone print things in smaller and smaller letters and they must be putting something in the pasta that's making my hair line recede.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel
I'm pretty sure the Mandela Effect is stalking me, too. More and more things aren't the way I remembered them.

Also, the government is making everyone print things in smaller and smaller letters and they must be putting something in the pasta that's making my hair line recede.

I am not sure what to tell you Delmar. I am skeptical of your statement but I would probably stop eating the pasta if you really believe that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join