It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Does Clinton No Favors Today

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Remember the Beer Summit Obama had nine months into his presidency? He stuck his nose in a local police matter that involved a black Harvard professor and a Cambridge police officer.

That professor's name is Henry Louis Gates, Jr.

Here is what this black professor had to say about responsibility and reparations. It's quite interesting. Toward the end of the article, it quotes one of Obama's ex students. Isn't there talk of Obama wanting to become UN General Secretary?
Don't rule out a push for this idea.

So how could President Obama untangle the knot? In David Remnick’s new book “The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama,” one of the president’s former students at the University of Chicago comments on Mr. Obama’s mixed feelings about the reparations movement: “He told us what he thought about reparations. He agreed entirely with the theory of reparations. But in practice he didn’t think it was really workable.”

The rest of the article clearly identifies the responsible parties for black slavery.

Ending the Slavery Blame-Game

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

When it comes to imposing sanctions and humanitarian (cough) interventions the US needs the UN security councils tacit approval, unless its denied (see syria), then the UN is 'unnecessary'.

UN has very few allies left. UN is separated between Western alliance and Eastern alliance. Once UN goes after a super power like China expect it to break apart. UN believable right? It still kind of follows US because US is the main support for UN. Then we have NATO which seems to be a completely separate UN and makes absolutely no sense.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6lets see how many countries that make up the un have used slaves in there past ok looks like most of them. so will all these members be required to track down descendants of their slaves to so they can get a check. how many of the member nations tolerate child brides.? how many are state sponsors of terrorism ? kow many still use slaves? how many use child labor? so why are we giving this body of hypocrites lip service?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Weren't you a moderator at some point? What a joke. Taking a UN report and turning it towards something entirely unrelated. Great job upholding the motto of the website.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

Seems to me he is allowed to voice an opinion much the same as you are.

He is a once and future, as well as current, moderator who is allowed an opinion. Even one contrary to yours.

Sorry 'bout that.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Their own people?

Y'know, if you're going to trot out BS like this, you should at least attempt to scare the truth of the matter while going by...

While it is likely that some small percentage of those treated in this manner were fellow tribesmen, the vast, vast majority were not. They were prisoners taken during wars against other tribes, or captured by slavers, many times Europeans, and Arabs. But let's ignore that, 'cause they're all the same anyway.

Their own people. What a crock.

Wow, missed the history lessons i see. You would be incorrect to assume that viewpoint you espouse is right. You should be ashamed to KEEP ignoring the fact that they were/are being enslaved by raving madman in their own lands. Some were making a profit off it in the rest of the world. Raving, ideological, land grabbing neighbors who did this to the Africans of all colors. The fact Islam allows slaves and is a religion practiced on that continent makes it a no brainer as to whom is at fault considering the practice is alive and well raping little girls this very minute.

ETA: And little boys are being raped. Disgusting low life types that need stomping out now.
edit on 29-9-2016 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Maybe paying for crimes against african americans due to slavery is maybe back dating it , apologising is the first step , reparations well all who were involved are long dead but those of families native to the countries I've listed below are not and there are alot of crimes against them

Korea and China 1950-53 (Korean War)
Guatemala 1954
Indonesia 1958
Cuba 1959-1961
Guatemala 1960
Congo 1964
Laos 1964-73
Vietnam 1961-73
Cambodia 1969-70
Guatemala 1967-69
Grenada 1983
Lebanon 1983, 1984 (both Lebanese and Syrian targets)
Libya 1986
El Salvador 1980s
Nicaragua 1980s
Iran 1987
Panama 1989
Iraq 1991 (Persian Gulf War)
Kuwait 1991
Somalia 1993
Bosnia 1994, 1995
Sudan 1998
Afghanistan 1998
Yugoslavia 1999
Yemen 2002
Iraq 1991-2003 (US/UK on regular basis)
Iraq 2003-2015
Afghanistan 2001-2015
Pakistan 2007-2015
Somalia 2007-8, 2011
Yemen 2009, 2011
Libya 2011, 2015
Syria 2014-2015

that's just a list of countries the US has bombed , I think if your being asked to pay for crimes against african americans then you sure as # should be paying for crimes against the people your amazing country has bombed!

Im pretty sure you have been able to vote for at least 20 out of those years of bombing

edit on 29-9-2016 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2016 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

originally posted by: intrptr

When it comes to imposing sanctions and humanitarian (cough) interventions the US needs the UN security councils tacit approval, unless its denied (see syria), then the UN is 'unnecessary'.

UN has very few allies left. UN is separated between Western alliance and Eastern alliance. Once UN goes after a super power like China expect it to break apart. UN believable right? It still kind of follows US because US is the main support for UN. Then we have NATO which seems to be a completely separate UN and makes absolutely no sense.

UN, based in New York, USA. UN, divided long ago between the authority of super powers in The Security Council, and the rest of the 'peons'. The UN, used to justify numerous hostile takeovers by NATO, giving Carte Blanche and the illusion of credibility, until recently. The rest of the world knows what manipulation US is employing to have their way with hapless nations.

Can't get fooled again. The US will do what its wants anyway, from now on. Dangerous precedent, behaving just like the Nazis prior to WWII, gobbling up nations under false pretenses.

Edit: Its not the UN thats the problem, manipulation of it is.
edit on 29-9-2016 by intrptr because: edit:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
America only had slavery for 70 years......any only a handful of states had it and when they lost the War of Succession... so ended slavery's 70 year run on American soil.
Now...... if you want to talk about all the years England was running slavery in their colonies, when England was plucking the resources of North America and sending the proceeds back to the King..... When England had forts and fortresses scattered about the land.... in complete control of the laws and regulations, prior to 1795 when America won independence from England...then you might have a valid argument.
If you want to point fingers at someone and talk about who brought black people to North America to be slaves.... it wasnt citizens of The United States of America.

England had slaves in all America from the 1620s untill 1795..... The Usa had in in 8 states from 1795 until 1865. ..... just exactly how bad am I supposed to feel??? Just how deep into my pockets am I supposed to be willing to reach?

I wonder........ Somewhere in Africa, is there someone living in complete despair.... no food, no safe water.... no electricity...... thinking to himself....... if my great great great grandfather had been taken a slave, I would be working at Fords, living in a house with running water ,electricity and a fridge full of food.....

Almost every black person in the USA today who can watch TV, surf the web, become famous astrophysicist, is only able to do so because of their grandfathers day of bad luck.... had he been lucky that day and not gotten captured. There would be no Neil deGrasse Tyson to explain the universe to us, there would be no Sylvester James Gates to look into the quantum world.
This leaves me uncertain who got the short end of the stick..... the families of the ones taken. or the ones left behind.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny

Weren't you a moderator at some point? What a joke. Taking a UN report and turning it towards something entirely unrelated. Great job upholding the motto of the website.

You got the wrong guy in the memo. That would be me. He's still staff. My hands aren't tied by being staff anymore so if you want to try to bully someone, I'll be here all day.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

OK, so maybe I could have chosen my words more carefully, but i wasn't necessarily wrong. Slavery was already an established business trade before Europeans arrived. True a lot of them were kidnapped or taken against their will but this was done by the African authority at the time which involved more than just their government. Most of them profitted from the trade and it all began by fellow tribesman as you put it.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Who's ignorance, again?

What makes you believe that I'm unaware of this? Because I choose not to go on a multi-paragraph rant against Islam? Why should I when there are so many so willing to do so in my stead?

When hurling accusations of ignorance, sir, one should be most careful when living in glass houses--in this case, you.

Don't bother responding, as we really have nothing further to rave about.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Seems to me he is allowed to voice an opinion much the same as you are.

He is a once and future, as well as current, moderator who is allowed an opinion. Even one contrary to yours.

Sorry 'bout that.

Except for the part where he doesn't have a point. The website's front page is filled with this trash, I figured a moderator would help the cause of discussion instead of further cluttering up the board. I was wrong.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It isn't bullying to point out the ridiculousness of the OP.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

This is the Pit, brother. You wanna dance, just pick the tune and I'll twirl around the room with you.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Meaning you disagreed, but can't refute a word of it, so you attack by saying "But you're a mod...you're not allowed to have an opinion." Or words to that effect.

Trying to shame him into compliance with your wishes...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I think "hamstringing" is the word. Weak debate ploy.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That's it exactly. It's a ploy used, off and on, against every staff member past, present, and future.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Justoneman

When hurling accusations of ignorance, sir, one should be most careful when living in glass houses--in this case, you.

Don't bother responding, as we really have nothing further to rave about.

What a cop out.

Who's ignorance, again?

Yours.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This is the Pit, brother. You wanna dance, just pick the tune and I'll twirl around the room with you.

I've actually always enjoyed your input until this election got into full swing. No one is having g a conversation, they aren't even attempting to do so, evidenced by the OP. Do you, as a moderator, not feel the website has taken a turn for the worse? Do you think this huge stretch in the OP actually adds anything resembling information presented in a manner that will lead to serious discussion? If you're honest with yourself you know the answer is no.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join