It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

United Nations Does Clinton No Favors Today

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The history of slavery in the United States justifies reparations for African Americans, argues a recent report by a U.N.-affiliated group based in Geneva.

Yah yah, sure, but why Americans as the ones who have to pay?

Correct me if I am wrong (I am not), but was blacks not sold by by other blacks as to white Europeans who sold them to other white Europeans who had settled in The New Land?

But the United States should pay? Anti-American sentiment much?

Include the African and European nations or shut up. Well, shut up anyway, but if you do not, then include Africa and Europe.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

...and given jobs?

Well, that's a unique viewpoint. Glossing over the whole "against their will" thing, and the "being sold" thing...but that's just bein' picky.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Sure, in a nutshell.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli

Sure, in a nutshell.

Must have been a helluva life to offer them to take them away from their families. I can see the upside though. Punishing manual labor. Beatings, murders, rapes. How could anyone stay happily at home when that life is available?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Well, they were already slaves by their own people in Africa when they were sold to us....and even after slavery in the U.S. it is said there were still far more slaves owners in Africa then in the West. If anything, the African government owes all blacks reparations.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I think the brochures were probably misleading.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Sure, in a nutshell.

Must have been a helluva life to offer them to take them away from their families. I can see the upside though. Punishing manual labor. Beatings, murders, rapes. How could anyone stay happily at home when that life is available?

"take them away" or...sold to us by their own people....??

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Well, they were already slaves by their own people in Africa when they were sold to us....and even after slavery in the U.S. it is said there were still far more slaves owners in Africa then in the West. If anything, the African government owes all blacks reparations.

So since it was only "their own people" it justifies everything? You must be one of those people who think all Asians look alike too. Trust me the people who were selling slaves in Africa were decidedly not "their own people".

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

This is the kinda of propaganda that is spewed to start civil unrest and hate within a country.

That is exactly what is unfolding...this is their next move to cause civil disruption. All eyes on the US right now, we are at the next chapter of their real agenda towards globalism.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamebard

So since it was only "their own people" it justifies everything? You must be one of those people who think all Asians look alike too. Trust me the people who were selling slaves in Africa were decidedly not "their own people".

"trust me".

Really?

All i'm saying is the blame couldn't possibly fall on Europeans that migrated to the west when this was already happening in their own homeland.

And that Asian line was uncalled for I don't see how that plays a role in this topic.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamebard

"trust me".

Really?

All i'm saying is the blame couldn't possibly fall on Europeans that migrated to the west when this was already happening in their own homeland.

And that Asian line was uncalled for I don't see how that plays a role in this topic.

The asian line is perfectly appropriate. Not nice is it.

If you think all Africans are alike and all part of one big happy family to sell "Their own" into slavery. It's the same implicit bias, only against another "racial" group.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Duh they would just pay themselves ... /sarcasm off

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Amazing that we are worried about slavery 150 years ago when there is still a very real sex slave industry today. I would think persons claiming to be victims of the American slave industry would be very outspoken about modern slavery in any form. Not about reparations?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
OK then.

How about every European country pay up for the genocide of Native Americans?

Aztecs, Mayans, and every single tribe now relegated to reservations.....

Yeah....didn't think so.....

The UN can kiss my 1/4 Cherokee derriere.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Zeta Reticuli

Their own people?

Y'know, if you're going to trot out BS like this, you should at least attempt to scare the truth of the matter while going by...

While it is likely that some small percentage of those treated in this manner were fellow tribesmen, the vast, vast majority were not. They were prisoners taken during wars against other tribes, or captured by slavers, many times Europeans, and Arabs. But let's ignore that, 'cause they're all the same anyway.

Their own people. What a crock.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Truth!!

...and it is, most unfortunately, a multi-billion dollar business. Most researchers will tell you, at least the ones I know of, that the numbers given out by various watchdog groups are woefully understated.

This is much more important than 150 yr old crimes. But I can't help but wonder how many of these oh so concerned UN folks have their greedy little paws in the modern trade? But...But...I'm speaking out against the old crimes, I can't be involved in the ongoing...

Doesn't it make y'all wonder? At all?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wonder if it's about buying popular sentiment than actual justice?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

More than possible.

Why do you think the anti-Israeli crap is so popular with the UN? Not because Israel is so much more evil than everyone else, but because they're an easy mark...

It isn't because they're so concerned about the plight of the Palestinians, it's because they want to cover, in many cases, their own treatment of Palestinians and others. Moving the goalposts, if not outright changing the game.

...there's not a member country on Earth that doesn't do that in the UN. It's easy to do, and even easier to ignore. Unless you get crosswise of the United States, that is, then you might be in trouble, ask Iraq. Or Syria. etc...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
its nonsense, just some people wanting something for free and making the good ones look bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Now, in the face of the UN advocating the United States start offering "reparations" for crap that ended 150 years ago

The appalling dehumanization, cruel exploitation and lifetime hopelessness caused by slavery in the United States is ‘crap that happened 150 years ago’ to you.

Those who descend from the people your ancestors enslaved, raped and murdered might use a different word to describe it.

But they might use that word to describe you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join