It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Does Clinton No Favors Today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I can see it now. 150 trillion dollars arriving in various cash denominations on pallets. Obama will have it flown into new York after midnight and sent directly to the UN to distribute to all those slaves in America.

Then when 149,999,999,999,999.00 of the cash is lost and unaccounted for it will be forgotten about. The Obama way!

Anyways, if they're going to be this petty, do the Egyptians owe the Jews? Does this mean since a lot of muslim SLAVE traders made a ton of money over the last 400 years that I can expect ALL the muslim nations to pay for this? I highly doubt this.
edit on 28-9-2016 by RetsuUnohana because: Fixed broken up text misaligned

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

F'n idiots.

My ancestors were slaves at one time in history, I want reparations too.

Now maybe we should give all the land back to the Native American's too?

And while we're at it maybe give the land back to the original owner in every country, including the UN.

This is the kinda of propaganda that is spewed to start civil unrest and hate within a country.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The Irish were never in chattel slavery in the US no matter what your cousin told you.

They were indentured servants (i'm sure you already knew that). What no one brings up is that that collection of people actually started suing their owners for their freedom once they found about that they were made "slaves". It's one reason why Africans where chosen. They are a different distinct group that is easily recognizable from others.

What reparations where those? Sherman promised 40 acres and a mule but that was all reversed after the war.

Some where given land to work as farmers after the civil war (Alot left the South during the migration).

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Cool, so that beans the British, French, and especially the Spanish can pay reparations to the American natives.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen the UN is a voice of political correctness
As such it is anal in trying to please a minority of ignorant people
That are looking for some one to blame
because they are not intelligent enough to get off their butts
and do something for themselves about their life situations

edit on 28-9-2016 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh my god, do those poor Europeans actually have to pay taxes to fund these pointless little "fact finding missions" the UN takes abroad to write reports like this?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: spite
Oh my god, do those poor Europeans actually have to pay taxes to fund these pointless little "fact finding missions" the UN takes abroad to write reports like this?

Europeans? The UN is comprised of most of the earth's nations. And most of them aren't in Europe.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We can agree that it's a ridiculous idea.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ohh noes! A handful of UN dweebs had a conversation over coffee and so I think I'll lose my mind over it.

I think I'll reserve my rage for Congress and whoever the poor unlucky schlub is who next occupies the White House.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
Ohh noes! A handful of UN dweebs had a conversation over coffee and so I think I'll lose my mind over it.

I think I'll reserve my rage for Congress and whoever the poor unlucky schlub is who next occupies the White House.

lol true, I think I'm more pissed of at how much these A-hole's make for their Co2 contribution.

It would be like every ATS member getting 6 figures for posting here.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Would America be as wealthy as it is today without enslaved "cotton pickers"? If yes, then pay nothing.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wasn't a part of that, slavery ended 150 years ago.

If they're going to go this politically stupid route about it, then look at EVERY country that's with the UN...Saudi Arabia....they still have forms of slavery...

The U.S. pays what, over 70% of the costs for the UN, right?

I wasn't alive, nor was anyone complaining about HISTORY...so why should I or anyone else alive need to PAY for something like that? We shouldn't - nor should these douche-bags be seeking a damned thing for something they themselves weren't alive for either....

The movie 'Idiocracy' comes to mind when seeing all this.

Want reparations? Fine. I'll agree to help fund ONE-WAY plane tickets to wherever they choose to 'come from'.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Haha I can just see the headlines now.
Breaking news!!
"Man forced to pay reparations to himself for mothers great, great, great, great grandfather owning his fathers great, great, great, grandmother."
Only in a liberal utopia could something like this go from figment of imagination to reality.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Only in a liberal utopia could something like this go from figment of imagination to reality.

This wasn't a creation of a liberal. And there is no merit to it. It's been shown ad nauseum.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The 800 lb gorilla in the room that few want to acknowledge.

I wonder how many know that one of the main destinations for sex slaves from all over the world is...

...the United States.

Some of those kids standing on the not so metaphorical street corners in every single urban setting of any size were stolen away from family and home in some country that many of us here have never even heard of...

The United States. Saudi Arabia. England. Yemen. Sweden. Germany. France. Japan. South Korea. Egypt. The list will include every single nation on Earth. Yet we're bothered about reparations for something that hasn't really ended yet.

Yet, did I say? Perhaps "and never will" would be much closer to the truth.

Not just the sex trade. Ever wonder how many of the illegal immigrants pay for their transport to the country of their choice??

Take a look at your clothing. Chances are good that they are made in a sweat shop, where the "employees" are paid a pittance, and the profits go to a person, or persons unknown.

The UN might want to take a look at that...but I wonder how many of those oh so concerned and outraged committee members are involved in this "trade" themselves, and don't want a closer look taken...?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The question really needs to be - how much support do the descendants of slaves need in order to reach the same level of familial assets as their non-slave descended families in the US.

Slavery ended only 150 years ago, but it is only 7 generations. Of those, descendants of slaves stayed in relatively the same locations, inter-married within the same communities, for many of those generations. It is only within the past few generations that these families have inter-mixed and migrated away from their "roots". However, with civil rights only being 50 years old, that leaves only 2 generations the time to make up for 7 generations of asset accumulation. And even then, the generational poverty felt in these communities can only be re-dressed via extraordinary measures.

In a "fair and balanced" world, as soon as slavery ended, civil rights would have been in place, and the communities would have been granted the same opportunities as everyone else. But this was not the case, and it was only recently that the yolk of generational poverty has been able to be alleviated.

So maybe not reparations, but something needs to be done to address this intra-community gap that seems to be continuing despite assistances that have been put in place.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamebard
despite assistances that have been put in place.

Or maybe, 'because of".

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Hmm... Can't find the first video only the follow up...

Hmmmmmm.

Why was it erased from the utubes?

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Riiiiight.

African Americans were brought here and given jobs.
American Indians were invaded in their homeland and completely slaughtered.

How are these two in the same category?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeta Reticuli
African Americans were brought here and given jobs.

Well that's an interesting spin.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join