It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Does Clinton No Favors Today

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The poor poor South. In all your talking about the Civil War era, I'ver never seen you use language this strong when talking about slaves:

rape and pillage the South

Look how bitter you are about your own heritage?

"Reconstruction happened 150 years ago bro, get over it!"

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

"Reconstruction" LMAO. Not bitter, simply aware and continuing to vote and act accordingly.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Funny part is most White People are Africans as well and are entitled reparations for slavery---one that cannot be seen and could be considered more devious.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

The only thing any person is naturally entitled to is a 6 foot deep hole when they die. You earn the rest.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Depending on whom the president ends up being and what favors they do or do not feel they owe, they could align with this opinion and use the bully pulpit to further fuel the push which increases internal social tensions.

You know what really pushes "internal social tensions?"

The fact that black people in this country as a group have never had the same opportunity as white people. Ever. That it took until only 51 years ago for them to achieve the same legal rights as their white countrymen.

Let's not discuss the fact that by the time this happened, when these people who were at a huge social, economic and educational deficit by comparison, the softening of manufacturing employment was already happenining (had been), ushering in the shrinking of the middle class. What do you believe the result of this was?

It's really difficult to even conceive of group of that size, starting in a hole like that and facing continued racial animosity being able to work its way into a shrinking middle class. Agreed?

So let's not all ignore objective reality and bury our heads under feigned outrage over the mere suggestion of something that triggers us.

Reparations are infeasible and they're not going to happen. That doesn't mean that there isn't a really obvious disparity or readily apparent causes for it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: superluminal11

The only thing any person is naturally entitled to is a 6 foot deep hole when they die. You earn the rest.

In this country, we generally hold that people are entitled to certain inalienable rights. Denying people those rights is a big reason that former slaves and their descendants saw their efforts to "earn the rest" retarded for a century.

Let me ask you three quick questions:

1. Do we have a problem with the middle class shrinking in this country?
2. When did reckon that problem started?
3. When do you believe that black people achieved legal equality in this country?

Answer those questions for yourself honestly, ignoring the politics and then tell me whether or not you believe that black people as a group have had an equal opportunity to "earn the rest."

Reparations for slaves was never about punishing white people for what their ancestors did anymore than another effort to compensate for an artificially constructed socioeconomic inequality — Affirmative Action — was. I agree that it's a ridiculous idea now but 150 years ago, breaking up plantations and the fortunes of their owners (fortunes their owners "earned" through unpaid forced labor) and spreading it amongst their former slaves, would have been at least some measure of justice and it would have given those slaves and the next few generations at least some opportunity to start digging out of the hole they'd been put in.

Can we agree to any of that?
edit on 2016-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hell, they got their own country in africa.

Liberia.

From the Brits they got Sierra Leone.

What's wrong with that? They are in the UN too.

How can people judge history through 21st century social norms?

As the saying goes, "ya had to be there"

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I do not recognize the
United Nations as having
completed any favors
for anyone these days.

The World is a Mess.
Here is the cost of the U.N.
incompetent "Peacekeeping",
and The United States Taxpayer
is at the top of the list of that Bill:

www.un.org...

28.57% of 7.87 Billion =$275,463,773.189 for chaos.
Yet it continues year,after year,after year.
How about those apples?
edit on 28-9-2016 by Wildmanimal because: Add in Content/Equation

edit on 28-9-2016 by Wildmanimal because: embellish

edit on 28-9-2016 by Wildmanimal because: add line

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

BS slavery exists still today be it black, white or any colour. It is happening in the UK,USA everywhere.
It is worth a 150 billion a year upto 5 million child slaves.

www.usatoday.com...

As for the OP no spend the money freeing the slaves alive today.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

No white alive today has ever owned a slave, and no black alive today has ever picked cotton.

There are plenty accounts of modern day slavery so your statement is both ignorant and completely wrong.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Yes, you are correct.
Slavery is estimated to be
FOUR times higher than say
1850 a.d.
It should be mentioned that
"Human Trafficing" is a soft
politically correct term for
slavery, similar to the term
"servicing the target".
As opposed to "Kill that bastard".
Star .
But all is well in IPhone Land,
so pay no attention.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

We are attempting to show people it is still going on we had some ad's in the uk showing it here.

It goes on we just don't see it.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Good!
Cheers to You and Yours!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wildmanimal

Even google calculator was astonished!
Add ,000.000 to my sum:

Which equals $2,754,637,731,890.00
Billion.

Those are the ripe apples.

Apologies for my error
which I could not correct because of time stamp.

So now I can sleep unsoundly.
Happy Dreams

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Trump will make Mexico pay for it

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I have an Idea,take every penny the US gives the UN,distribute it to all our citizens and tell the UN to GTF out of New York.They have been useless for the most part anyway.All the money wasted on them could go to better use at home or organizations that do some good,like the Red Cross,for example.Nope,won`t happen,but it should.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It's just part of the plan of communism and wealth redistribution. You shouldn't be shocked.

And it's not like little blue helmets would come and take the money, our own government would do the stealing for them.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: intrepid

the trumpeteers starfesting nonissues are the majority of threads these days. and, it's SO obvious. I've lost respect for most here. i's sad really. and, telling.

they do their side no favors, that's for sure.

There you go I gave you a star, just like we give away free money to lazy people. Hope you feel better soon. Please don't star me back, I'm not a fan of handouts.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Really? The UN has nothing better to do with it's time?

Did they forget there is still actual slavery in the world? 600,000 people in Mauritania, or 17% of the population, live as slaves.

Though to Mauritania's credit the Government has banned slavery. repeatedly. The people just don't seem to have much respect for the state.

A-Fricken-Men. Slaves all over the world. Muslims still practice slavery in many countries. But hey, let's focus on the USA because they had slavery 150 years ago.

I would say the 600,000+ Americans that died in the civil war to end slavery was more than enough "reparations".
edit on 28-9-2016 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nope, I'm Chickasaw, and we owned slaves. A lot of tribes did, I guess out of the chunk of reparations US pays us should then get skimmed for more reparations for african descendants.

There are a lot of black/natives... do they pay themselves? Which blacks were owned by Natives and which ones by whites, and which ones by fellow upper class african Americans?

Who is going to do the genealogical research to parse through the last 150 years to see which Africans were here by comparing immigration/slave sale records?

To that end are modern birth records reliable with so many unfathered homes?

How is the UN report on UK reparations to the Irish coming along? How about Reparations for Gypsies from the United Nations of Europe and near east? Do they have a report for themselves?

Dont get me started on Roman conquest.... You're next Italy!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join