It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Does Clinton No Favors Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

The history of slavery in the United States justifies reparations for African Americans, argues a recent report by a U.N.-affiliated group based in Geneva.

This conclusion was part of a study by the United Nations' Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, a body that reports to the international organization's High Commissioner on Human Rights. The group of experts, which includes leading human rights lawyers from around the world, presented its findings to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday, pointing to the continuing link between present injustices and the dark chapters of American history.

"In particular, the legacy of colonial history, enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism and racial inequality in the United States remains a serious challenge, as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent," the report stated. "Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching."

Now, in the face of the UN advocating the United States (read: Those of us who are paying taxes in this country) start offering "reparations" for crap that ended 150 years ago who do you as an American voter feel is more likely to remind the UN of their place and instruct them to STFU, Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump? This is exactly the type of declaration that demonstrates why the USA doesn't need the UN and would be far better off telling them to shove it, but each and every US voter already knows how deeply embedded with their globalist policies and their desire for unquestioned authority Hillary Rodham Clinton is. Conversely, Mr. Trump has openly stated that the United States needs to "reassess" our relationship with the UN and determine if we're actually gaining anything by continuing to dance with them.

Open your eyes to the values of sovereignty before it's too late and we don't have it anymore.

+72 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I am not paying money to people who weren't actually slaves to "make up" for something I didn't actually do.

They can bite me.

Crap like this is why globalism is the worst idea ever.
edit on 27-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
When it comes to imposing sanctions and humanitarian (cough) interventions the US needs the UN security councils tacit approval, unless its denied (see syria), then the UN is 'unnecessary'.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Wow ... I cannot believe this.

Slavery ended in the US over 150 years ago.

Nobody alive remembers it. My own family of immigrants came here after it was done, and my wife's family are both immigrants and Native Americans. If anyone deserves reparations it is the Native Americans....

So: wtf? Where does the money for reparations come from? Our taxes?

And not all people of color in the US have slavery in their past, though probably most do, admittedly.

I am actually pissed about this -- the UN. Fools. I am becoming anti-UN pretty fast these days. They don't represent me, that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

who do you as an American voter feel is more likely to remind the UN of their place and instruct them to STFU, Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump?

What makes you think that both wouldn't tell them to cram it? It's not like any US administration lately gives a damn what they think anyway.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

No white alive today has ever owned a slave, and no black alive today has ever picked cotton.

All genetic lines have experienced hardship in the past. ALL of them. Saying that the descendants of past hardship who no longer have those hardships are owed something, is ridiculous. Its purely unearned entitlement complex, and if the same standard were applied to all, then everyone would be "owed" something by almost everyone else.

edit on 9/27/2016 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

who do you as an American voter feel is more likely to remind the UN of their place and instruct them to STFU, Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump?

What makes you think that both wouldn't tell them to cram it? It's not like any US administration lately gives a damn what they think anyway.

Hillary would go with it; she pretty much said last night that we're all a bunch of racists.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Hillary would go with it; she pretty much said last night that we're all a bunch of racists.

Speculation... due to hate.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

No white alive today has ever owned a slave, and no black alive today has ever picked cotton.

All genetic lines have experienced hardship in the past. ALL of them. Saying that the descendants of past hardship who no longer have those hardships are owed something, is ridiculous. Its purely unearned entitlement complex, and if the same standard were applied to all, then everyone would be "owed" something by almost everyone else.

Curiously, I wonder how they will attempt to determine who owes and who receives. After all, there are some who have the lineage of both slave and master. Is this a skin color thing? Is this an income thing? Is it a mix of the two?

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Oh, I agree with you that she hates a good percentage of the population.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Oh, I agree with you that she hates a good percentage of the population.

Me too,

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
My family were Irish slaves (my cousin found this when tracing our history)...do I get money?

Woohoo!

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
100% agree Burdman! If the globalists want me to pay for anything, they can subtract it from my bill of reparations that the african-americans and all other races owe me since they are living on my native american land!

Well, I'm only partially native american, so I'm sure we could work something out where they didn't owe me too much.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Globalism.

It's racist.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

Curiously, I wonder how they will attempt to determine who owes and who receives. After all, there are some who have the lineage of both slave and master. Is this a skin color thing? Is this an income thing? Is it a mix of the two?

Its an entitlement and greed thing. Its one special interest group and those who self-affiliate with that special interest group, trying to push/guilt people into giving them free stuff. Either that, or its part of the liberal jihad against those evil white americans.

Either way, theres an agenda behind it. Its not out of compassion or the goodness of anyones heart.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hillary wasn't even mentioned in the article. Nice twist to make this look like she would buy into this. Oh and from the source:

The panel drew its recommendations, which are nonbinding and unlikely to influence Washington, after a fact-finding mission in the United States in January. At the time, it hailed the strides taken to make the American criminal justice system more equitable but pointed to the corrosive legacy of the past.

Sounds like much ado about nothing. Nice try though.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

My family were partly Irish too ... and one of them was lynched for being Catholic.

The UN seems to think only black people were lynched.

Other minorities at the time, including Irish Catholics, were also lynched.

Lynching was 'color blind'.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: ketsuko
My family were Irish slaves (my cousin found this when tracing our history)...do I get money?

Woohoo!

Well, husband is a good chunk Native American. Should he be exempt? Should I pay him? Or does it not matter and we both get to pay people whose ancestors and ours had nothing to do with each other.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Y'all are just racist white privlaged crackers. Your arguing this? You probably don't think the national anthem is racist either?!?

I'm just kidding. And oplogize for saying cracker.

However this turns out it's super silly but o guarantee you some people will actually say and mean what I said up there .

Sovereignty is super important but people arre being conditioned to hate their country and themselves all under white guilt and equality.
Hopefully trump doesn't bring it up because it will just make people think it's an even better idea!

Media and social conditioning are really doing a number lately.

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Really? The UN has nothing better to do with it's time?

Did they forget there is still actual slavery in the world? 600,000 people in Mauritania, or 17% of the population, live as slaves.

Though to Mauritania's credit the Government has banned slavery. repeatedly. The people just don't seem to have much respect for the state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join