It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Police Department Evacuated - Possible Bomb in Mail Room

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
They've been working on this 'suspicious package' for nearly 3 hours. That seems longer than usual for this type of scenario. This was the same circumstance as the NJ train explosion, so I figured this is one to keep an eye on.

The package was found just as the NAACP walked in and were demanding the release of 50 police tapes including those of shootings and protests.

Meanwhile, protestors have been outside yelling at police through loudspeakers. 911 is still active, but with few call takers on hand.

They have moved the press back several times and the police have turned off their radios along with asking people to shut off their cell phones. Live streams are also being cut as to not give off signals, NOT a good sign.

The suspicious package was found by a 'hit' by a K-9 in the mail room. Local reporters say they are taking this package 'very seriously'.

Some early twitter reports said their was a 'possible' sniper on the roof of an adjacent building. When the Police HQ evacuation took place, they evacuated into the parking garage first. Police are said to of searched the roof and helicopters have been circling.

RT

911 calls which are usually answered at CMPD headquarters are being re-routed to a backup center.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police headquarters on East Trade Street in uptown Charlotte was evacuated shortly after 4:30pm after a suspicious package was discovered in the mailroom, local Channel 9 news reports. Bomb robots and sniffer dogs are reportedly at the scene

The bomb threat did little to deter protesters, who continued their demonstration nearby.

I'll update in a minute here with a few more links.

Local Twitter
2nd Local Twitter

Ghost
edit on 27-9-2016 by ghostrager because: Links

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

From the "Local Twitter" link above;

BREAKING- the bomb robot has the suspicious package in its hands. It is being loaded into this white capsule @wsoctv

Shows a robot loading a decent size package in there. Most of the time with suspicious packages, they simply 'deem them safe'. I don't remember the last time I saw one being loaded into a capsule. Anyone else?!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I find it quite scary that they are cutting all live feeds. They must be very worried about an accidental detonation.
Thanks for the info & links!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
From your first link. The package has been placed in the capsule and he is hoping they give a statement soon. That is timed 2 minutes ago....

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
They've been working on this 'suspicious package' for nearly 3 hours. That seems longer than usual for this type of scenario. This was the same circumstance as the NJ train explosion, so I figured this is one to keep an eye on.

The package was found just as the NAACP walked in and were demanding the release of 50 police tapes including those of shootings and protests.

Meanwhile, protestors have been outside yelling at police through loudspeakers. 911 is still active, but with few call takers on hand.

They have moved the press back several times and the police have turned off their radios along with asking people to shut off their cell phones. Live streams are also being cut as to not give off signals, NOT a good sign.

The suspicious package was found by a 'hit' by a K-9 in the mail room. Local reporters say they are taking this package 'very seriously'.

Some early twitter reports said their was a 'possible' sniper on the roof of an adjacent building. When the Police HQ evacuation took place, they evacuated into the parking garage first. Police are said to of searched the roof and helicopters have been circling.

RT

911 calls which are usually answered at CMPD headquarters are being re-routed to a backup center.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police headquarters on East Trade Street in uptown Charlotte was evacuated shortly after 4:30pm after a suspicious package was discovered in the mailroom, local Channel 9 news reports. Bomb robots and sniffer dogs are reportedly at the scene

The bomb threat did little to deter protesters, who continued their demonstration nearby.

I'll update in a minute here with a few more links.

Local Twitter
2nd Local Twitter

Ghost

Wonder where the blame would fall if it had detonated and killed all 50 NAACP members...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

According to Twitter they had to cut the live feed because they asked no one to use cell phones, and live feed uses cell signal. Guess it really is a bomb!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WhoDat09
They just shut the package in the capsule according to the first twitter feed listed so I hope that was the only one.

This is quite scary!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Looks like the scare is over. I hope that is the only device.

From first twitter link:

Joe Bruno
@JoeBrunoWSOC9
17m

It's official- employees given the all clear to go back inside. Some light cheers in the parking lot

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Glad nobody seems to be hurt and nothing detonated...

Let me guess, BLM had nothing to do with this either, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Where are Bill Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and the weather underground?

Do you think Obama was fascinate by Ayers and Dohrn's stories of bombing government buildings?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

So if there really was a bomb, can we start calling them terrorists? I'm tired of hearing that it's racist to speak out against the looting and rioting.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
BLM is just following in the footsteps of their bggest hero, inspiration and idol, Asshata Shakur.

Just because they model themsleves after a terrorist fugitive on the fbi's most wanted list does not mean they are violent, of course.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia

So if there really was a bomb, can we start calling them terrorists? I'm tired of hearing that it's racist to speak out against the looting and rioting.

Start calling who terrorists? I have yet to see anything indicating where the package/bomb may have come from.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
so wait, some one assumed it was blm behind this, now it was blm, now the conversation is how to go about the blm bombing attempt...

jesus tap dancing christ

the evolution of drivel. and i guess by page 2 someone will have a solution to end the bombing attempts by blm

what a country. go trump.
edit on 28-9-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I can't find any uodate on whtwther it was a bomb or not or who the suspected sender was.

It is almost as of it never happened.

I have the sneaking suspicion Obama's DOJ sent in the super-secret Commuinty Relations Service to silence any further reporting for now.

new topics

top topics

join