It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else notice that she cited Bill Clinton's "Achievements" as her own?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I noticed that she cited some of BILL'S accomplishments as her own such as signing some of those trade deals. Hillary is supposed to be running off of her RECORD as Secretary of State, First Lady, and Senator. You and your husband are 2 completely different people. HE WON'T BE RUNNING THE COUNTRY SO THEREFORE YOU CAN NOT CITE WHAT HE DID THEN. You have to make the case for what you're going to do not what you did in the past. I thought that was a big no no.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If you remember, their campaign slogan when Bill ran, was that you were getting 'two for one', followed by Fleetwood Mack.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
If you remember, their campaign slogan when Bill ran, was that you were getting 'two for one', followed by Fleetwood Mack.

Bro I was born in 1992. I'm 24 now s sorry I dont remember lol. Although my Mom makes little comments here and there saying "I think she was calling the shots from the beginning".

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Maybe she did have a big part in it. You've obviously never been married or even had a relationship.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Can you be more specific? Here's the Transcript. Where did she cite Bill's accomplishments as her own?
edit on 9/27/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

If it's something she can use to bolster up her reputation, she will claim it as something she contributed to.. but if it's something people will be critical of, she distances herself from it and wants to act like "she didn't have all the information at the time", or just flat out deny her part in it.

It's pretty much how politics work.. sadly.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Did that include passing the key off to Monica so she could sneak in to the ORAL office? OOps, Freudian slip there!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
She recognized one of his achievement's, but she certainly didn't claim them as her own.
God, you Trump supporters are starting to sound like him with all this silly mess.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Trump was blaming her for creating ISIS, pulling out of Iraq, angering Gen MacArthur, passing NAFTA, invading Iraq and other time traveling marvels so she might as well take credit for some as well. Two can play the crazy game.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Can you be more specific? Here's the Transcript. Where did she cite Bill's accomplishments as her own?

Thanks for the link. Ctrl+F is a amazing feature.

HILLARY CLINTON
Well actually --

DONALD TRUMP
Excuse me. I will bring back jobs. You can't bring back jobs.

HILLARY CLINTON
Well, actually, I have thought about this quite a bit.

DONALD TRUMP
Yeah for thirty years.

HILLARY CLINTON
Well, not quite that long. I think my husband did a pretty good job in the 1990s. I think a lot about what worked and how we can make it work again.

DONALD TRUMP
Well, he approved NAFTA. He approved NAFTA, which is the single worst trade deal ever approved in this country.

HILLARY CLINTON
...a balanced budget, and incomes went up for everybody. Manufacturing jobs went up also in the 1990s, if we’re actually going to look at the facts.

This isnt the 1990s anymore.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Certain members on the right believe it's OK to lump Bills failings onto Hillary, so why not work it the other way?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Yep. Trump attacked her for 30 years of policy failures, even though she was only in office from 2001 to 2013 (as a US Senator and Secretary of State). If she's going to be blamed for policies that happened during her husband's tenure, why can't she also take some credit for accomplishments from the same time period?

(Though for the record, she was always a power player in Bill's administrations. She was always regarded as the brains of the operation, while Bill was the charismatic face of the operation. I consider her the Democratic Party's Dick Cheney.)
edit on 27-9-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Trump was blaming her for creating ISIS, pulling out of Iraq, angering Gen MacArthur, passing NAFTA, invading Iraq and other time traveling marvels so she might as well take credit for some as well. Two can play the crazy game.

That's correct who can blame her, just as well as she is taking the blame for everything Mr Trump claimed of her. Fair play Hillary, you gave Bill pain, he gave you a stain.
edit on 27/9/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Maybe she did have a big part in it. You've obviously never been married or even had a relationship.

I've also never been a 2 term President and neither has Trump. With that being said there's a reason why there is a 2 term limit as 2 prevent Corruption which Hillary Clinton is a clear example of what Power, and Money can do.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Bill ended his Presidenal career as a cocktail party joke. I once had 150 Clinton cigar jokes memorized. He was impeached, laughed at, and brought the hightest office in the land to a new low. Ahh what heady days the Cinton Administration was, I remember it well. Screw everyone, steal from most, and kill the ones that got in the way.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oops! DP

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

"I think my husband did a pretty good job in the 1990s. I think a lot about what worked and how we can make it work again."

So, she didn't take credit for it. She gave credit to her husband.

"...a balanced budget, and incomes went up for everybody. Manufacturing jobs went up also in the 1990s, if we’re actually going to look at the facts."

Again, she didn't take credit for it.

Now, where did she take credit for Bill's accomplishments?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

And not only balance the federal budget, but create a federal budget surplus. And reduce the scale & influence of the MIC. But let's forget those, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
90% of the words spoken last night weren't even topical to the prompts. Of the 10% that was topical, almost all of it was Hillary.

That aside, Trump's smear tactics were effective. I typically have sympathy for someone in her position. But due to the things being alleged....i just can't muster up the desire to feel sorry. Im still in the "put her in prison" camp.

That said: Trump tried to hang some of Bill's crap on her, too. I don't see why she should have to fight that off, without laying claim to some of the positive? She did do some positive things as first lady, too. The Patients Bil Of Rights is an example.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Mentioning them to begin with, while being off topic, makes it perceptively implicit.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join