It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey: FBI looked 'hard' for obstruction of justice in Clinton email probe

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

For most of your commentary: Why ask why? I don't mean to be terse or rude or dismissive per se ... but what you're presenting is a string of false equivalencies and vague general observations that have failed in the light of fact and the law.

Why is the FBI holding confidential material out of the public eye? Well, the obvious answer is that to reveal that material intentionally WOULD break the laws you're standing up for so vociferously.

... but, congratulations ... you finally got to the point of the whole charade: the possibility that these investigations of investigations of investigations will somehow hurt Clinton's bid for the Presidency.

That is the beginning, end, and middle of it.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It should hurt her bid for the presidency. I pray it does. Actually, she never should have even been allowed to run.

Comey's style:

Comey: "Hillary, did you lie."
Hillary: "No, I didn't".
Comey: "Well, okay, then. End of investigation. We'll have to present some paperwork and do a few interviews just to make the American people think we investigated this thoroughly, but, don't worry, Hillary. Go ahead with your presidential run and we'll make sure nothing comes of this. We'll baffle everybody with bull#."

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It should hurt her bid for the presidency. I pray it does. Actually, she never should have even been allowed to run.

Comey's style:

Comey: "Hillary, did you lie."
Hillary: "No, I didn't".
Comey: "Well, okay, then. End of investigation. We'll have to present some paperwork and do a few interviews just to make the American people think we investigated this thoroughly, but, don't worry, Hillary. Go ahead with your presidential run and we'll make sure nothing comes of this. We'll baffle everybody with bull#."

I missed that interchange.

Do you have a source for it?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

For most of your commentary: Why ask why? I don't mean to be terse or rude or dismissive per se ... but what you're presenting is a string of false equivalencies and vague general observations that have failed in the light of fact and the law.

Why is the FBI holding confidential material out of the public eye? Well, the obvious answer is that to reveal that material intentionally WOULD break the laws you're standing up for so vociferously.

... but, congratulations ... you finally got to the point of the whole charade: the possibility that these investigations of investigations of investigations will somehow hurt Clinton's bid for the Presidency.

That is the beginning, end, and middle of it.

You have a very clever way of avoiding the issue.

My point about releasing the info is that you say nothing is on it that is important, so why can't people see it? You say this would break laws. EXACTLY!!!!!! Yet when I show deleting these was breaking the law, you say so what they had nothing important on them.

You have spent all day saying I am misquoting things. So quote where I say the point of the investigation is to hurt her politically?

It is a reality that it is hurting her politically. Regardless of who you are voting for, this is true. So if Hillary is so smart, she would have been able to know that by having a server in her home for no reason, her political opponents would use this to their advantage.

Why would she do this? There had to be a reason she wanted to have this server at home. I think the most logical reason is that she didn't want people to see her emails in FOI requests.

You keep avoiding this point, and instead make some vague argument about how its all about hurting her chance at the presidency.

So in other words, you can't point out something shady that Hillary did, because that could hurt her chances at the presidency, which proves that you are just focused on hurting her chance at presidency.

This is ridiculous.

I will ask you again, seeing as how we both know how smart Hillary is, why would she keep this server at home to keep emails that were no big deal at all on knowing that her political opponents would use this against her?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I'm not avoiding anything.

I didn't say what you're claiming (yet again.) And this is getting tiring.

Did you want to speak about deleted emails or mishandled classified information? Now you're mixing the issues.

I said these investigations of investigations are intended to hurt Clinton politically, I didn't say that you said it.

Whenever your sentences start out "so in other words" you're paraphrasing. That's not debate; that's fallacy and I'm tired.

She kept the server at home because of convenience. She said this about two years ago.

No one's proved otherwise, yet. G'nite.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Sleep well!

Convenience? So it was worth all of the political turmoil she is going through now for convenience?

edit on 28-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

I was going to post polls that show how many people think she is untrustworthy and how many think she lied about emails.

Or articles that say this email scandal may cost her the presidency. But you know this. You know this is a huge deal to many people, and is hurting her politically a lot.

And she is smart, so she had to know the risks. Yet she chose this for what, convenience? That is unbelievable.

There are only two possibilities then, either she is not very smart, and is now suffering all of this political blowback over convenience; or she had another reason to have that provate server. Either way, it is not good for her.
edit on 28-9-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

And there is more to come!!!!

She still has the civil lawsuits going forth... she has a deadline tomorrow to answer the questions submitted by Judicial Watch...

The State Department still has to release at least some of the emails the FBI recovered before the election.

Hillary and her supporters want and desperately need to bury the email scandal... but no matter how hard they try, they will never be successful... it just keeps coming up over and over again, keeping it fresh on the voters minds going into late October / early November at least.

It's the constant drip drip drip of the blood coming out of a candidate who has suffered severe wounds in many ways late in the battle.

And it is going to keep dripping no matter how much they wish it to stop.

Death by drip.... what a way to go out.

edit on R142016-09-28T22:14:30-05:00k149Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R152016-09-28T22:15:11-05:00k159Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Death by drip.... what a way to go out.

www.dictionary.com...

Synonyms
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
2. trickle, dribble, leak, sprinkle, drizzle.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Hillary is a severely flawed candidate. I still can not wrap my head around how she has managed to get this far with all the negativity that she herself has created. Any other candidate would have been toasted by just the FBI report, but yet she lives on like some sort of Franken-Hillary that can't be stopped.

And don't even get me started about Trump.

This is the saddest and craziest and most unbelievable election I have seen and I have seen quite a few.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, at least a few folks here can admit that these investigations are nothing more than calculated political theatre.

And seriously? I hope the Kangaroo Congress does keep going. We all know how much America loves to hear the same thing, over and over, droned on by Congress ... what is their approval rating again?

Has it gotten above zero yet? Go ahead. Bore US with this crap.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I'm with ya.

This sad sideshow of freaks leaves me wondering if the Mandella effect ain't real after all.

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or rage any more.

The Clintons et. al. (remember there's Abedin, Mills, the Podestas, Blumenthal) have so much dirt and leverage across, up, down, and sideways against so many but they also have the same amount of leverage against them. That's what the insider meant when he said if the whole thing came out, confidence in government would drop to levels even lower than they are right now and there very well would likely be open revolt.

Everything we've learned about Clinton only reinforces that. And yes, Trump is not much better.

We deserve better than this, don't we?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I think almost everyone would answer with an unequivocal yes.

Yes we do.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

I think almost everyone would answer with an unequivocal yes.

Yes we do.

For once, Gryphon66 (yes I starred your post) and I can agree wholeheartedly.... we all deserve better choices than what we are faced with as it stands right now as of this post.

edit on R322016-09-29T00:32:02-05:00k329Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join