It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey: FBI looked 'hard' for obstruction of justice in Clinton email probe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
It's interesting how some have their heads so far in the sand they don't see the corruption behind the scenes, from the FBI to the White House.

"The government said so" isn't any kind of an argument.

It's as if a few of these Hillary supporters crawled out from under a rock 6 months ago and have no idea how the world works.
edit on 28-9-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
It's interesting how some have their heads so far in the sand they don't see the corruption behind the scenes, from the FBI to the White House.

"The government said so" isn't any kind of an argument.

It's as if a few of these Hillary supporters crawled out from under a rock 6 months ago and have no idea how the world works.

Its ok, the shoe will be on the other foot someday, and politicians they don''t like will be in power. Or a highly decorated law enforcement officer will come to a result they don't like.

Then they will be shouting about corruption and how we need to look into things. And we will all know, these are the same people that felt we had to take investigators at their word when their side was in power.

But you know what? I will be right there with them still arguing that we should investigate situations like these, and I will still be saying we can't just be silent because an investigator say is the end all be all.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Speaking of folks who have their heads somewhere other than where they should be ... what's really amazing to me is the number of folks that think that Congress (and particularly the Republican Caucus currently in power) is somehow NOT part of the Government ... that these known partisan shills aren't in the pockets of lobbyists, bankers and the real power-brokers ... and that these folks are not part and parcel of the real problems we face as a people.

Nope, so many are totally blinded by party and partisanship that they can't see the absurd level of overreach being applied by those they AGREE with politically ... LOL.

Actually, it ain't funny. In the least.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So ... The only point of contention for you is whether the FBI knew about this Reddit stuff when they offered immunity?

I think they didn't know about it until 'Katica' discovered it.

It's like Comey said, more than once, during that hearing..."I don't believe anyone except my wife."

I seriously share his cynicism. He is not above 'not believing.' He did not inspire confidence in his responses. He was not prepared to commit to any answers about the Reddit post.

I'm with you on cynicism. In my experience, it just so happens, the right-wing's lies and actions are just a tad more pernicious and obnoxious than the moderate-right-wing's (that we in the US call Democrats).

Comey obviously knew the context of the Reddit "information" ... and as all this has long since passed the point of any real investigation into harm done to this country into more justification for decades of STUPID partisan political "investigations" by who ever has sufficiently gerrymandered the House ...

/shrug

Bread and circuses.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Speaking of folks who have their heads somewhere other than where they should be ... what's really amazing to me is the number of folks that think that Congress (and particularly the Republican Caucus currently in power) is somehow NOT part of the Government ... that these known partisan shills aren't in the pockets of lobbyists, bankers and the real power-brokers ... and that these folks are not part and parcel of the real problems we face as a people.

Nope, so many are totally blinded by party and partisanship that they can't see the absurd level of overreach being applied by those they AGREE with politically ... LOL.

Actually, it ain't funny. In the least.

Hey I will concede this on the whole. In fact, there is a reason Congress always has an even lower approval rate than any other branch.

However, wouldn't this apply to all government groups? Even the FBI?

The point is, do we just throw our hands in the air and do nothing?

Instead, I try to look at these investigations and come up with my own opinions on rather or not they are valid.

I think Clinton broke the law, and I have given many questions I have about Comeys investigation.

So even if these congressmen and women are biased, is it not possible seeing as how you think all politicians can be corrupt that Hillary did in fact break the law?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You think Clinton broke the law. Fine.

Aside from the partisan concerns about her candidacy for President ... what difference does it make?

The Bush White House "lost" 22 million emails THAT WERE KEPT ON A PRIVATE SERVER ... have we heard a peep from any of you on that? And THAT my friend was definitely a matter of national security.

How about Rice and Powell? They both did essentially the same things with emails as Clinton, at least IF the real concern was jeopardy of national security (which of course, it isn't.)

How about the Department of Defense, HS, State and any other department that the Russians, the Chinese, or anybody else wants to "hack"? What steps have been taken to make those emails "more secure"? Nothing.

How about Chaffetz and Gowdy for godssakes ... they BOTH use private emails for government business!!! Talk about rank, stinking hypocrisy.

So pardon me when I see these unending "investigations" of Hillary Clinton's emails (NONE OF WHICH HAVE BEEN SHOWN TO HAVE FALLEN INTO ENEMY HANDS) as nothing more than pure political theatre by some of the most slimy, rancid examples of worthless sacks of POLITICAL protoplasm on the planet.
edit on 28-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You think Clinton broke the law. Fine.

Aside from the partisan concerns about her candidacy for President ... what difference does it make?

The Bush White House "lost" 22 million emails ... have we heard a peep from any of you on that? And THAT my friend was definitely a matter of national security.

How about Rice and Powell? They both did essentially the same things with emails as Clinton, at least IF the real concern was jeopardy of national security (which of course, it isn't.)

How about the Department of Defense, HS, State and any other department that the Russians, the Chinese, or anybody else wants to "hack"? What steps have been taken to make those emails "more secure"? Nothing.

How about Chaffetz and Gowdy for godssakes ... they BOTH use private emails for government business!!! Talk about rank, stinking hypocrisy.

So pardon me when I see these unending "investigations" of Hillary Clinton's emails (NONE OF WHICH HAVE BEEN SHOWN TO HAVE FALLEN INTO ENEMY HANDS) as nothing more than pure political theatre by some of the most slimy, rancid examples of worthless sacks of protoplasm on the planet.

I will admit that when Bush was in office I didn't know of the emails. But if you knew my friends, they would tell you how they couldn't stand how I was always complaining about Bush, and the war.

I hated Bush! If he did illegal things with emails or Powell or Rice for that matter, I wish they would have nailed them. In fact, if the statue of limitation hasn't ran out, go get them all!

Ironiclly, we now see Bush palling around with Michelle and probably voting for Hillary, so they apparently aren't the bitter rivals the public is meant to believe.

Right now it is Hillary doing these things, and that is the focus. And she went further than the rest, she had an entire server, she had her emails deleted after they were asked for by congress (maybe the other you mention did that too I don't know, but all the more reason to go after them).

And now the story is even bigger. For some reason, the FBI and the DOJ seem like they may have covered for Hillary. So this story stands to bring down a lot of corruption. Hell, if they get Hillary, maybe she will rat out Bush and Powell and countless others, it could be the first step to holding corrupt officials from both sides accountable.

And I know it will fail, but I still will keep digging for the truth.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

.... but what "TRUTH" do you think you're going to find?

Are you going to uncover the fact that Clinton had a private server?

Are you going to uncover the fact that she wasn't that careful with all emails as she should have been (although there is nothing to contradict the fact that she used proper channels for truly CLASSIFIED information ... not what has been CYAssified retroactively by bureaucrats who want to keep sucking on the Uncle Sugar teat ...)

Powell has told us that many if not all of the "classified" materials that are involved here do not need to be classified.

And while I understand that you have no regard for HIllary Clinton, the one thing you cannot dispute is that she is a very talented POLITICIAN (and if you do, you're just being stubborn.)

She's bright, knowledgeable about the world situation ... and pardon me if like Powell and Rice I tend to believe that she did not and would not jeopardize this country's security so lightly ... because if for no other reason, THAT WOULD ALSO WORK AGAINST HER INTERESTS.

These people at their level of interaction in society and government ... aren't on "a team." The Democrat/Republican BS is quite likely a big damn joke to them ... and the fact that we (me included) get caught up in it is probably the butt of more than one joke being told this very minute ...

... look at Clinton and Trump in that debate. If that wasn't the purest form of POLITICAL THEATRE I'll eat one of those damned "Make America Great" hats.
edit on 28-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Parenthese

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

.... but what "TRUTH" do you think you're going to find?

Are you going to uncover the fact that Clinton had a private server?

Are you going to uncover the fact that she wasn't that careful with all emails as she should have been (although there is nothing to contradict the fact that she used proper channels for truly CLASSIFIED information ... not what has been CYAssified retroactively by bureaucrats who want to keep sucking on the Uncle Sugar teat ...)

Powell has told us that many if not all of the "classified" materials that are involved here do not need to be classified.

And while I understand that you have no regard for HIllary Clinton, the one thing you cannot dispute is that she is a very talented POLITICIAN (and if you do, you're just being stubborn.)

She's bright, knowledgeable about the world situation ... and pardon me if like Powell and Rice I tend to believe that she did not and would not jeopardize this country's security so lightly ... because if for no other reason, THAT WOULD ALSO WORK AGAINST HER INTERESTS.

These people at their level of interaction in society and government ... aren't on "a team." The Democrat/Republican BS is quite likely a big damn joke to them ... and the fact that we (me included) get caught up in it is probably the butt of more than one joke being told this very minute ...

... look at Clinton and Trump in that debate. If that wasn't the purest form of POLITICAL THEATRE I'll eat one of those damned "Make America Great" hats.

But she did put that information at risk! Put aside rather or not the material was hacked, what matters is that it would have been easier to get access to. This has been shown.

Even if that wasn't the case, she broke a law that others are prosecuted for.

And I will be honest with you. Had she said "yeah I did this, here are all of my emails" I wouldn't have cared that much.

But the fact that she had all of this info destroyed is what is really bad. Not only is this a crime in itself, but it leads one to believe that she had something to hide.

You are right she is a great politicians, and an extremely smart person. Why take the chance of knowingly breaking this stupid law unless she had good reason too? And further, why would she leave people delete this information knowing she could get in trouble for this.

No, she is too smart for that. This was calculated. She didn't want people seeing what was on her server. Thats why she kept it at home, and that is why she had it deleted.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I just watched Comey's hearing.

All I have to say at the moment, and will probably add to later, is Comey is a sh*tty investigator. His transparency bull# comes from his years at the Bridgewater cult. His thought process is screwed up. He cannot put facts together. He is looking at matters one piece a a time. He is INCAPABLE of putting a puzzle together.

IMO, he is compromised or highly incompetent. He needs to go back to working at the hedge fund he came from or maybe go back to the corrupt HSBC where he worked before. One or the other, but he sucks as FBI director, imo. Sucks or is bought and paid for. My opinion.
edit on 28-9-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But she did put that information at risk! Put aside rather or not the material was hacked, what matters is that it would have been easier to get access to. This has been shown.

What information EXACTLY was put at what risk??? See, that's the thing that so many decent, thinking otherwise reasonable people who are buying into this garbage are totally ignoring ... the FBI knows what was "at risk" they know who it was "at risk" to and (whether as some "experts" here who think their utterly biased opinion of a man like Jim Comey is relevant to something besides themselves (not you, G)) ... let's say, for example an email referenced the whereabouts of a certain foreign dignitary on a certain day and therefore "might" have been Classified or Confidential ... but in retrospect ... who cares? That's over four years ago! No victim, no crime.

Director Comey (who has seen or whose team has seen all these emails in question) a man that even by my lights is deserving great respect (a Republican, by the way who has NEVER been a friend of the Clintons) because of his NON PARTISAN approach to this crap has repeatedly said that these compromised emails do not rise to the level of criminal activity. YOU haven't seen the emails, I haven't seen the emails, but the FBI HAS. And not just Director Comey but literally tens if not hundreds of agents reviewed the details they had available and found no reason for criminal charges.

You guys can keep slicing and dicing and puffing up your throats about what should and shouldn't have been done, but those are the bare-assed FACTS of this investigation, and it's time that we listened to the man and dropped this STUPID waste of money and time.

Even if that wasn't the case, she broke a law that others are prosecuted for.

No, she didn't. Director Comey has addressed that in two sets of statements under oath before the Kangaroo Congress.

And I will be honest with you. Had she said "yeah I did this, here are all of my emails" I wouldn't have cared that much.

But the fact that she had all of this info destroyed is what is really bad. Not only is this a crime in itself, but it leads one to believe that she had something to hide.

So ... somehow this is personal? You have no idea what emails were supposedly compromised, which ones were deleted, when they were deleted ... and you won't listen to anyone in the FBI who DOES know those facts ... because ... Hillary Clinton acted like a politician first and denied any wrongdoing because ... she doesn't believe there was any??? (Neither does Comey, btw.)

Well, I have no answer for that. You've stumped me. If I let my personal feelings become involved in what the blood-sucking, soul-devouring, mind-f-ing cadre of politicians do in the world ... I'd be a wreck. Stop it.

You are right she is a great politicians, and an extremely smart person. Why take the chance of knowingly breaking this stupid law unless she had good reason too? And further, why would she leave people delete this information knowing she could get in trouble for this.

No, she is too smart for that. This was calculated. She didn't want people seeing what was on her server. Thats why she kept it at home, and that is why she had it deleted.

EXACTLY. She didn't worry about it because there was nothing communicated across this server that actually made a hoot-in-hell REGARDLESS of how it was marked pre-or-post investigation. She's NOT stupid; she KNEW what she was doing.

The Real Reason is either so deeply arcane (in the sense of TPTB/Illuminati BS arcane) ... OR ... these emails really weren't that important, (C)s be damned.

She's not stupid.

She wouldn't put herself at risk.

What's going on is political theatre. Nothing more, nothing less.

Both "sides."

edit on 28-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted again

edit on 28-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted thrice

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Comey says if anyone within the department or prosecutors throughout the country think this investigation was not done with integrity, they need to come forward and discuss their concerns.

Ha!! Does he really think anybody would think that is a good idea? Gowdy is right. This is not the FBI that he knew and respected. What a sham of an investigation! No wonder so many people in justice are going...huh? what!? WTF!?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Gowdy is right?

The guy with his own email server?

LOL.

Jim Comey would eat his lunch in a courtroom ... Trey's believing his own press.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I highly doubt that, but each to his own. My opinion is Gowdy would eat Comey alive in a one-on-one. Comey's time at Bridgewater has messed with his mind.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I highly doubt that, but each to his own. My opinion is Gowdy would eat Comey alive in a one-on-one. Comey's time at Bridgewater has messed with his mind.

/shrug

As you're reducing the question to mere matters of opinion, ignoring the facts, who's to say?

Comey was considered in 2009 for the SCOTUS to replace David Souter but was rejected because (wait for it) he was "too conservative."

How many times has Trey been considered for the High Court? He's a popular small town boy that has failed miserably on the national stage. His 8th Benghazi hearing was another flop in a long line of Kangaroo Congress hippety-flops.

He's DESPERATELY trying to get the stink of that debacle off him now. You're buying it, because ... (R).

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

A lot can change in seven years.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

A lot can change in seven years.

Sure, the economy can get better, people go back to work, and Jim Comey gets to stand up to a partisan overreaching Congress and school them in basic criminal law.

Just ask [email protected] or [email protected].

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

What information EXACTLY was put at what risk??? See, that's the thing that so many decent, thinking otherwise reasonable people who are buying into this garbage are totally ignoring ... the FBI knows what was "at risk" they know who it was "at risk" to and (whether as some "experts" here who think their utterly biased opinion of a man like Jim Comey is relevant to something besides themselves (not you, G)) ... let's say, for example an email referenced the whereabouts of a certain foreign dignitary on a certain day and therefore "might" have been Classified or Confidential ... but in retrospect ... who cares? That's over four years ago! No victim, no crime.

Then why does the government have rules for having classified information on secured servers at all? If there is no risk to having it at home, or it is all irrelevant, why not just leave everyone take everything home.

And why can the public not see underacted emails from Hillary, And why is the FBI still withholding some of them. This is all harmless information right, so let everyone see it all.

Director Comey (who has seen or whose team has seen all these emails in question) a man that even by my lights is deserving great respect (a Republican, by the way who has NEVER been a friend of the Clintons) because of his NON PARTISAN approach to this crap has repeatedly said that these compromised emails do not rise to the level of criminal activity. YOU haven't seen the emails, I haven't seen the emails, but the FBI HAS. And not just Director Comey but literally tens if not hundreds of agents reviewed the details they had available and found no reason for criminal charges.

You guys can keep slicing and dicing and puffing up your throats about what should and shouldn't have been done, but those are the bare-assed FACTS of this investigation, and it's time that we listened to the man and dropped this STUPID waste of money and time.

So wait a minute, your claim is that Comey has seen all of the emails that were deleted? How did he accomplish this? How would they know they have seen everything that was deleted? Here is an article I found that said over 30000thousand emails were deleted, but they only recovered "several thousands".

According to FBI Director James Comey, investigators “discovered several thousand work-related" messages that were not among the roughly 30,000 emails Clinton gave to the government in 2014. The former secretary of State and her lawyers deleted approximately half of the 60,000 emails on her server, claiming at the time that they were purely personal and did not belong in the government’s hands.

Comey’s team recovered the emails through digital traces left on decommissioned servers and via the inboxes of people with whom Clinton communicated, the FBI director said.

thehill.com...

So Comey has no way of knowing if they have seen them all. Again, why all the hub bub about it taking so much time for the public to see if they are harmless?

And as far as this investigation goes, I and others have post after post about shady things that have been done in thsi investigation. You ignore all of this and say "comey said not guilty, end of story"

No, she didn't. Director Comey has addressed that in two sets of statements under oath before the Kangaroo Congress.

Combetta deleted the emails, this was against the law. He just had immunity so he wasn't charged.

For you to pretend that no law was broken is disingenuous.

So ... somehow this is personal? You have no idea what emails were supposedly compromised, which ones were deleted, when they were deleted ... and you won't listen to anyone in the FBI who DOES know those facts ... because ... Hillary Clinton acted like a politician first and denied any wrongdoing because ... she doesn't believe there was any??? (Neither does Comey, btw.)

Well, I have no answer for that. You've stumped me. If I let my personal feelings become involved in what the blood-sucking, soul-devouring, mind-f-ing cadre of politicians do in the world ... I'd be a wreck. Stop it.

No it is not personal. I mean it is the cover up that is the worst thing. Had she not had people delete her emails, have all of her people take the fifth, lie constantly about what the emails were about, etc. then it wouldn't have been so bad. The constant lying and hiding the truth is what is terrible.

EXACTLY. She didn't worry about it because there was nothing communicated across this server that actually made a hoot-in-hell REGARDLESS of how it was marked pre-or-post investigation. She's NOT stupid; she KNEW what she was doing.

The Real Reason is either so deeply arcane (in the sense of TPTB/Illuminati BS arcane) ... OR ... these emails really weren't that important, (C)s be damned.

She's not stupid.

She wouldn't put herself at risk.

What's going on is political theatre. Nothing more, nothing less.

Both "sides."

I happen to think that this scandal is at least hurting her politically. Surely she could have forseen this right? So if she is as smart as we think she is, why would she have this private server for no reason at all? You say that there was nothing shady at all on these servers, so why take a rsik that she could be attacked politically for no reason at all?

It makes no sense! There had to be a reason for her to have the private server. If it wasn't to keep her emails from being seen by people, what is your thought on why she did this?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I am looking Forward to seeing the Thousands of People working for this Present Federal Government including James Comey being Fired by President Donald J. Trump come Jan. 2017 . He Will First Clean Out the White House of all the Vermin that Presently Work there , then it's off to All the Government Alphabet Agencies to Separate the Wheat from the Chaff . He will then Tackle the Bloated Useless Eater Bureaucracies and Rid the Country of the Numerous Criminals Hiding there . In his Spare time , he will ponder the Appointment of a Few Conservative Supreme Court Justices that will Affirm upholding the Constitution of the United States . In Short , He Will Save America from it's Evil Self . That Day is Coming SOON............

VOTE TRUMP 2016 !
edit on 28-9-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: spelling

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Make America Relevant Again !
edit on 28-9-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join