It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey: FBI looked 'hard' for obstruction of justice in Clinton email probe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm sorry. You are trusting Reddit over an FBI investigator and you are trying to argue about your willingness to change with evidence presented? Lol. Suuuuuure you are.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You sound like the quacks who defend Congress making judgements over the recommendations of scientists just because they can.

It's funny how you refuse to even consider the possibility that this is a partisan witch hunt because you've already judged her guilty. It's obvious with your posting and lame attempts to defend this investigation with your all your apples to oranges comparisons.

Perhaps you can answer this question. How many investigations that turn up nothing indictable should we have until you are satisfied that she did nothing wrong? Or should we just keep having investigations until the end of time because # innocent until proven guilty. Hillary is guilty because the right says so!
edit on 28-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm sorry ... the Director of the FBI didn't give credence to wingnut hype about unfounded, non-factual Reddit and Twitter rumors ... and that discredits his competency and experience?

LOLOLOL.

Oh, he gave credence to it. He even said 'Stonetear' is Combetta. So it is factual and founded.

He was just "not sure" whether it was investigated already. That's the part that undermines his competency.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm sorry. You are trusting Reddit over an FBI investigator and you are trying to argue about your willingness to change with evidence presented? Lol. Suuuuuure you are.

No, I think you misunderstand. Comey admitted the post was authored by Combetta. He is not at odds with 'Reddit' on that.
edit on 28-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

In my opinion, your narratives thrive on restating what someone else clearly says, usually in contradiction to the way you want to spin it. As this election season wears on, that tendency in your posts is becoming more apparent.

In fact, you just admitted that Comey didn't say anything similar to "her employers would punish her and possibly fire her."

And yet, now you're repeating it again.

Your schick is more than obvious.

What are you talking about. I specifically said he said that if she had been a state employee, her employers would have punished and possibly fired her.

I just extrapolated we are her employers, and that would mean we should punish her.

Where does that show that an admission that Comey didn't say "her employers would punish her and possibly fire her." ?

You are commenting on something that you didn't even watch, and accusing me of spinning it.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Well, actually, until we have a transcript ...

The FBI concluded that a computer technician working on Clinton's email was not engaged in an illicit cover-up when he asked on the Reddit website for a tool that could delete a "VIP" email address throughout a large file, FBI Director James Comey said Wednesday.

and ...

However, at a House Judiciary Committee hearing Wednesday, Comey said FBI agents concluded that all the computer aide was trying to do was replace Clinton's email address so it wouldn't be revealed to the public. "Our team concluded that what he was trying to do was when they produced emails not have the actual address but have some name or placeholder instead of the actual dot-com address in the 'From:' line," Comey said.

and ..

Comey said he wasn't sure whether the FBI knew about the Reddit posting when prosecutors granted Combetta immunity to get statements from him about what transpired. However, he added that such a deletion wouldn't automatically be considered an effort to destroy evidence.

Anything more concrete would have to wait for the transcript ...

Politico
edit on 28-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Comey denies Clinton email 'Reddit' cover-up

"Our team concluded that what he was trying to do was when they produced emails not have the actual address but have some name or placeholder instead of the actual dot-com address in the 'From:' line," Comey said.

Comey said he wasn't sure whether the FBI knew about the Reddit posting when prosecutors granted Combetta immunity to get statements from him about what transpired. However, he added that such a deletion wouldn't automatically be considered an effort to destroy evidence.

"Not necessarily ... It would depend what his intention was and why he wanted to do it," the FBI director said.

I'm sorry if you take away from that having less trust for Comey then you are either biased or took his word out of context to form your opinion.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Can you quote Director Comey saying what you keep repeating, or not?

You just stated what you said you recalled him saying.

You stated that it was your interpretation that he meant that "the American people as her employers" should fire her.

And now you're trying to wiggle out of what you just said ..

Further, I did watch Comey's testimony; so you'll have to take that ridiculous argument elsewhere.

He didn't say what you keep claiming. You're desperately trying to RESTATE what he said.

That's on the verge of knowing dishonesty.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

"Our team concluded that what he was trying to do was when they produced emails not have the actual address but have some name or placeholder instead of the actual dot-com address in the 'From:' line," Comey said.

This is written like it's a direct quote. I don't recall Comey ever saying this was what the FBI concluded. I recall him suggest it as a possibility but saying he "just didn't know sitting here."

This is what he actually said, so you can decide for yourself...

2:49:45 is a pretty good place to start.

We'll have to wait for the transcript to see if the quote above actually appears.

ETA: If that direct quote, attributed to Comey, that Politico published does NOT appear in the transcript, then Politico has exposed some serious credibility & ethical issues. Also, I have some other issues to how they characterized Comey's responses. That one stuck out though because it was presented as a direct quote. I really don't recall him saying the FBI concluded that and I cannot imagine that he did elsewhere in the hearing considering he said he "just didn't know sitting here," during Chaffetz's questioning.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Can you quote Director Comey saying what you keep repeating, or not?

You just stated what you said you recalled him saying.

You stated that it was your interpretation that he meant that "the American people as her employers" should fire her.

And now you're trying to wiggle out of what you just said ..

Further, I did watch Comey's testimony; so you'll have to take that ridiculous argument elsewhere.

He didn't say what you keep claiming. You're desperately trying to RESTATE what he said.

That's on the verge of knowing dishonesty.

I said he said she would have been punished harshly and possibly fired if she was an FBI employee, and she avoided that because she was not an government employee.

I then extrapolated that she was our employee and is interviewing to be so again. You agree that is true, right? So I said we should take his recommendation that she would have been punished by her employers and possibly fired, and seeing as how we are her employers, we should punish her.

Of course he is not going to come out and say "Don't vote for Hillary" I never said he did.

He said this throughout the hearing, but he talks about it a 55 minutes in this video.

Now let me say this.

I have watched you call all Trump supporters at the RNC "worse than Hitler" I have watched you put up pictures of Trump supporters with flags or Trump waving as comparisons to Nazis.

I will not let you lecture me on spin as if you are some unbiased party.

People are on this thread and others going through what was said in this hearing, and asking valid questions, and all we keep hearing from you and others is that the FBI has spoken and we should not question them.

Your point has been noted. You will lose all credibility every time you question any law enforcement official from here on out.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Ah. More distraction, more empty phrases ... and a irrelevant Youtube video.

Comey didn't say what you said he did. You admitted that he didn't say what you said he did. Yet, you keep repeating it.

I would love to have you quote me saying anywhere at any time that "all Trump supporters at the RNC are worse than Hitler."

You will not let me lecture you? LOL. Quaint. I'm not lecturing you Grumbler: I'm stating fact.

Comey didn't say what you keep saying he did, and you know it.

I haven't said what you keep saying I have, and you know that as well. That's your main rhetorical tactic - paraphrase and misrepresent.

Yes, people on this thread ARE going through and discussing what was actually said in the "hearing" and it's not what you keep claiming.

And everyone sees that.

Personal note: you're among the last ATS posters that need to address "credibility" bub.

edit on 28-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I would love to have you quote me saying anywhere at any time that "all Trump supporters at the RNC are worse than Hitler."

OK.

Political comparisons with fascists and Nazis, in the last decade, had indeed become a joke. I've joked about "Going Godwin" myself.

Actually, what we saw in Trump's speech and the RNC reaction is far, far worse than anything in the past.

This is not just another "we said/they said" issue. We are talking about giving the office of "the most powerful man in the world" to a guy who has proven himself to be thin-skinned, childish, vindictive, who has openly stated his opposition to the First Amendment in his proposed attacks on the free press, and last night, his advocating for dropping the very clear boundaries between (Christian) church and State, who has bragged non-stop about all the decrees he will issue on his first day in office, has admitted that he wants to purge the government of anyone he considers a political enemy, etc. Has scapegoated entire ethnicities and religions with his vile rhetoric, etc. etc.

No, Trump and followers are not mere fascists or Nazis ... they chant for the rule-of-law to be eradicated for their enemies, even while they promise that their new "law and order" will return power of the status quo to the "majority" (i.e. White, Christian, Straight America ... i.e. "the real America."), they think isolationism and protectionism are the answers (harking back to the early 20th century ... ), and more than anything else, they deny reality, evidence, the facts, and are very obvious in their adherence to the growing Cult of Personality around Donald J. Trump.

Nazis? No. Much, much, much worse.]/quote]

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

LOL ... and look, you don't find one statement in there that states "all Trump supporters at the RNC are worse than Hitler."

I didn't say what you falsely said I did ...

... Jim Comey didn't say what you said he did ... either.

Your opinion of what people mean isn't the same as what people say.

Logic and Rhetoric 101.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

LOL ... and look, you don't find one statement in there that states "all Trump supporters at the RNC are worse than Hitler."

I didn't say what you falsely said I did ...

... Jim Comey didn't say what you said he did ... either.

Your opinion of what people mean isn't the same as what people say.

Logic and Rhetoric 101.

You are right, you said worse than nazis, not worse than hitler.

Ironically, this proves my point. Off the top of my head, I could only remember the gist of what you said. Are you claiming because you called Trump and his supporters worse than Nazis as opposed to worse than Hitler this somehow means you are not a biased person who personally attacks Trump and his supporters?

Just like with the Comey quote, I has just about what he said. he said she would have been punished by her employers, and if one of his employees had done this they would have been punished or fired. I never said he said we are her employers, that was my point.

Do you disagree that he said if she was an FBI employee or a government employee she would have been punished?

And I tell you I don't have a transcript, so I post a video of the hearing, and you have the nerve to call it an "irrelevant youtube video"

So the actual video of what Comey said is irrelevant?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Ok, I must concede that Comey apparently did make the above statement, at the beginning of the hearing, at about the 48 min mark in the the video I linked to above.

I did not see the beginning, so I was very doubtful of the remark given the portion I did hear.

Once I started listening, this morning, Comey was not conclusive that the FBI even investigated the Reddit post and he wasn't even sure "sitting here" of what Combetta's intent was with regard to the Reddit post question.

ETA: Also, Politico did leave out two words at the beginning of Comey's statement:

"I THINK our team concluded that what he was trying to do was when they produced emails not have the actual address but have some name or placeholder instead of the actual dot-com address in the 'From:' line."

Spoken with inflection like he was not certain.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

So you paraphrased what I said ... out of context and you did the same thing to what Jim Comey said by your own admission.

I'll leave this off topic BS with that as the example of what you think "credibility" means.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

So ... The only point of contention for you is whether the FBI knew about this Reddit stuff when they offered immunity?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

So you paraphrased what I said ... out of context and you did the same thing to what Jim Comey said by your own admission.

I'll leave this off topic BS with that as the example of what you think "credibility" means.

How is saying you called Trump supporters worse than Hitler out of context with worse than Nazis?

But whatever, I am done with this too.

No hard feelings even though you think I am worse than a Nazi.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

So ... The only point of contention for you is whether the FBI knew about this Reddit stuff when they offered immunity?

I think they didn't know about it until 'Katica' discovered it.

It's like Comey said, more than once, during that hearing..."I don't believe anyone except my wife."

I seriously share his cynicism. He is not above 'not believing.' He did not inspire confidence in his responses. He was not prepared to commit to any answers about the Reddit post.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I have no feelings about the conversation, only facts that you either misconstrued or misrepresented. And as I said months ago in the quote you saw fit to paraphrase ... So your take away should be that unless, as I said, you stand opposed to the rule of law, stand with white supremacy, etc then you're not worse than a Nazi.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join