It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

the true result of the first debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
After reading all the opinions flying around the internet, I have concluded they are all full of crap.

Trump supporters wanted to see hillary cough up a hairball or see her go cross eyed and collapse.
She didnt. She came across focused and healthy.
I don't know if she is healthy or was just on some good meds. Either way she looked fine.

Hillary supporters wanted to see trump fly off the handle and make an ass of himself.
He didnt. He remained composed and didn't go wild on a tangent. Was he on some good meds? Could be.

Both accomplished what they wanted for the first debate. Nobody got hurt.

Two boxers trading jabs with very few solid punches landed. My opinion says hillary won a split decision from the judges.
The polls will likely show that as well, very little change.

They will both come out swinging in the next debate to try to pull away. I'm not sure either one has the ability to do that.
He will have to attack without looking like an ass.
She will have to attack without looking like the evil ex wife.
Mission impossible? Hopefully..

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

...and didn't go wild on a tangent.

Yes he did.

Many, many times.

But if you ask me, it looked very much like two friends debating against each other on issues, knowing full well they actually agree with each other.

I thought it was a joke.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Yes he did.

Many, many times.

But if you ask me, it looked very much like two friends debating against each other on issues, knowing full well they actually agree with each other.

I thought it was a joke.

That's because they are, and it is.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Yes he did.

Many, many times.

I thought it was a joke.

That's because they are, and it is.

Not just me then, eh!

Phew.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yes I agree, the election is a joke. To bad it's not funny.

And trumps tangents didn't make him look like a fool or at least not a bigger fool.

This debate didn't have any moments that are on every news segment. That one clip that makes ya go "oooooh!" Complete lack of big blows.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I wish Trump would've at least tried to hold her feet to the fire a bit more.
I thought it was pretty incredible how they made Trumps tax returns into a bigger issue than HRC's emails.
Insanity.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The 3rd debate is the most important, what ammo will she have on him by that point that she didn't already use last night?

What ammo will he have against her? Everything.
edit on 27/9/16 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xstealth

The 3rd debate is the most important

Agreed.

I recall Obama played rope-a-dope in the second round last election cycle and then came out in the third for the win.

As long as neither candidate completely loses the script in the first two debates, it's the third that matters the most.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I still think that my assessment on another thread is relevant.

On one hand--we'll call it, the LEFT hand--you have a seasoned politician with 30 years' worth of experience in situations and topics like this, who has been married to one of our nation's former presidents for almost 41 years to the date (Oct. 11, 1975). She is VERY well seasoned in being a politician, and it should be absolutely expected for her to win in a debate against a relative non-politician who is only a couple years into the game.

On the RIGHT hand, you have someone who is a very shrewd businessman, but also a very successful one, who is unfamiliar with many of the nuances and unspoken rules of being a politician--he speaks his mind often without regard to the future consequences, and makes no apologies (well, very few apologies) for who he is and how he acts. In a political debate, I absolutely would expect him to have much less composure and lack a lot of political correctness that is expected of modern career politicians, like Hillary.

So, that said, I think that Hillary was close to the top of her debate game last night, but Trump--if he will allow himself to be properly coached and do a better job with preparation--could really become a much better debater on the stage. If he does this by the next debate (and I think that's a pretty big "if"), Hillary really should watch out, because by the time that the third debate is over with, the tide may turn quite a bit.

But, still, in either case, America loses, so there's that.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
And trumps tangents didn't make him look like a fool or at least not a bigger fool.

This debate didn't have any moments that are on every news segment. That one clip that makes ya go "oooooh!

I think the only thing close to an "ooooh" moment was when Trump was responding to Clinton's claim that he paid no federal taxes and he replied, roughly, with "That's because I'm smart".

It does make me wonder, though....

If "smart" wealthy folk don't pay any federal taxes, why would Trump be so set on giving them tax breaks?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Taxes for rich people is a shell game.
Try to find da peanut irs.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yeah, I'm aware.

It just strikes me as odd that he's so attached to the middle-class-killing "trickle down" notion of tax policy when he fully admits to (and even brags about) not paying any federal taxes.

Personally, I was just disappointed that Ashton Kutcher didn't rip off the Lester Holt mask and let us all know that we were just being "Punk'd" with these nominees.

Third party options are looking more and more necessary every day.
edit on 9/27/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

The 3rd debate is the most important, what ammo will she have on him by that point that she didn't already use last night?

What ammo will he have against her? Everything.

It's good to know that the goal posts have been reasonably pushed back. Before this debate we were all assured how Trump would trounce Hillary in this very debate, but now that its happened, we have to give Trump a buffer of two debates before he will come out and show his strengths. Thanks for the update from the Trump zone.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Krazy, they will always move the goalposts. Always.

As for the OP, I'm nearly 100% convinced they're in cahoots and Trump is trying to hand his longtime friend Hillary the presidency. What serious candidate doesn't even prepare for the debates they've agreed to enter?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just buy a scandle on the gop candidate?
I would think they could have found a better way to throw the election.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just buy a scandle on the gop candidate?
I would think they could have found a better way to throw the election.

Why?

They're friends, and Trump is making a nice profit jacking up the rent on his own campaign headquarters, chartering his personal jet for campaign travel, renting his hotel rooms for campaign staff, utilizing his restaurants for campaign business, etc.

This way Trump makes money (the only thing he really cares about), and his buddy Clinton wins the election.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

So what happens if he wins?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

So what happens if he wins?

I don't believe for one second that our Republic's Electoral College system will allow that to happen.

We've already seen that a candidate can win the popular vote and lose the general election here in the U.S..
edit on 9/27/16 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Trump knew the tax issue wasn't going to hurt him. It's been one of the core tenets of the GOP since Reagan that people should pay less tax and that free commerce needs to be nurtured with healthy tax breaks to encourage 'wealth creation' (*). Republicans watching would have approved and Democrats would have been outraged. Result = nothing changed.

* = This is obviously utter bollocks, but that's what they believe.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

In any other modern presidential election, Trump's entire campaign would be that scandal.

His entire campaign was based on throwing out the GOP's diversity initiative, which was their plan to remain relevant with its shrinking base demographic. Hispanic Americans alone make up 17% (and growing) of American citizens and already help form "minority-majorities" in several Southwestern States. Hispanic Americans, African Americans, and Muslim Americans make up roughly 30% of the all Americans, and he's been intentionally alienating all of us from the start. That will damage the GOP for decades if nothing is done about it, because our demographics will keep growing. I could list many of his other moves but we all know them by now.

Why buy a scandal when you can be the scandal for free and tear the GOP apart in the process? He's exposing the absolute worse aspects of the extreme right wing and is virtually forcing moderate Republicans to abandon ship. Any other GOP candidate could've crushed Hillary. But this election cycle won't even touch the serious allegations about her because of how outrageous Trump is. And no, I don't mean the weak stuff like the emails and her fainting. I mean the coups she supported while Secretary of State, among many other things (which I won't list because I don't want to help the GOP even a little).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join