It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are we really this blind?????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Lawyers for the Obama administration, arguing for their ability to kill an American citizen without trial in Yemen, contended that the protection of US citizenship was effectively removed by a key congressional act that blessed a global war against al-Qaida.

Known as the Authorization to Use Military Force (AUMF), the broad and controversial 2001 law played a major role in the legal decision to kill Anwar al-Awlaki, the former al-Qaida propagandist and US citizen, in 2011, according to a redacted memorandum made public on Monday.

link

He was a propaganda soldier, no evidence to any violence. In fact he was a pro America Imam till we black bagged him and tortured him.

I'll put in a number when I can find one, seems they're not to open about it.

Edit: but my point being Obama is abusing the Gestapo bill (patriot) act more than Bush, pushing the same agenda. They're all in it together.

edit on 27-9-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Poor wall!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So your citing them killing a operative for that worked for the enemy as an assassination? He was an enemy soldier links to be an active combatatent or bot. His actions and propaganda directly propagated al qaidas ability to radicalized new recruits.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

We radicalized him. Also understand the ramifications of loosely slapping the term terrorist on anyone who doesn't agree with the POTUS, we remember the red scare and imprisoning "communists". You can justify it if you want but it's unconstitutional, and there is a reason why.

Continue being excited about our laws we adopted from Nazi Germany all you want.

Blanket wire tapping for all.

Secret evidence may be used in court.

Imprisonment without trial.

Killed without trial.

Congratulations, you win, we already have it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
On one more note, we as Americans love to make a big deal about our President and how he runs this country, we are BLIND to the fact that the president is a figure head at best and really has minimal outcome on the direction this country takes.

Then why are you so scared?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

He was a traitor on foreign soil, the laws in regards to being a traitor and the possible consequences have long been set in stone, both before you and I were born I would assume.

Show me one American that was assisted on American soil and I will concede your point until then, he was an enemy combatant and as thus was treated as one.

He made his bed as they say.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This answer is two fold.

First if we are to elect trump it could be the beginning of electing more and more radical right wing/ alt right neo nazis into power and if that. Doesn't scare you I don't know what will.

Second. Figure head or not he is the face of diplomatic relations, his demeanor and actions could be more than enough to set off another world war. Could be Putin in Russia or any other leader that is already itching for a fight but the odds of him offending another head of state seems high to me and that is also scary.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

And thanks to sheeple like you, we'll have a law that evolves to a point where there is no freedom left.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21
Doesn't scare you I don't know what will.

I'd be concerned if the accusations and claims of Trump being some radical right racist didn't utterly reek of lugubrious bullsnip. I mean seriously, it's among the stupidest, most lacking in perspective claims I've heard in my near 4 decades of life. "Oh noes, this guy disagrees with us! RACIST! Nazi! Devil!" LMAO, it would be hilarious if it was coming from someone else's nation.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm not in your neck of the woods, so "can't have an opinion". However, the UK is in the same situation as the US with regard to a two party system, you have Dems and Reps, we have Conservative and Labour, the EX Prime Minister stood down as PM after the Brexit Vote, something which was not expected (the vote, not him going) in this country, we now Have Theresa May as PM ........ spit roasting all of Cameron's policies and his insiders politics, I won't compare her to Maggie Thatcher as of yet, too early

Next, we have the Labour leadership election, completely BS and wouldn't surprise me if there is some "Bought" votes in there, after all, its only a couple of quid to join the party and have a vote ..... how open is that to corruption.

The whole Western World is in turmoil as I see it, we will see it across the EU from early next year, the biggest faller is going to be Merkel and Germany ..... of course I could be wrong.

The UK has made its decision with Brexit, the USA are next with a choice of Clinton v Trump, then comes France, Germany and others in early 2017, and the Right Wing are becoming more dominant in Europe, depending on the result we are going to have War or a Domino effect into Anarchy

My take on it anyways, thanks for reading

edit on 2016-09-27T15:19:59-05:002016Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:19:59 -0500bTuesday1909America/Chicago163 by corblimeyguvnor because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Your first mistake is believing Trump is anything but a leftist.

Based on many of his policy positions, he is far left, especially in trade and 'law and order'.

I wouldn't worry too much about Trump, he is shilling for Hillary.
edit on 27-9-2016 by GodEmperor because: sp

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Sheeple how I love this term, it makes me think of sheep running around in human clothes. Lol

It also tells me when a poster has lost all sense and is grasping at straws in a vain attempt to rally the troops if you against the person or people that are speaking against whatever rhetoric or ideology they may have.

Please when you regain your composure and wit come back I have actually up until now enjoyed our little debate, your side had been mostly well thought out and presented as such.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

To say that Trump does not and has not pandered to the alt right is comical. Every speech he gives about his wall and kicking foreigners out is aimed at the alt right and they eat it up, the alt right is why he can get away with calling all mexicans rapist, and all Muslims terrorist. But I guess that's just the latest brainwashing in me....

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Actually I'm glad to get input from people outside of our political S#!% show. The people on the outside looking in have far less to gain or loose in the emidiate aftermath that will be this election cycle.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

According to author Barry Clark, "Leftists [...] claim that human development flourishes when individuals engage in cooperative, mutually respectful relations that can thrive only when excessive differences in status, power, and wealth are eliminated."

Sounds like trump to me, just itching to give away all his money to help the downtrodden and poor. Trump is so respectful that he calls all illegal imagrants rapist, and Muslims terrorist you know so he doesn't offend the terrorist or rapist by saying that most of these people are good people....

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Your brainwashing shows. Trump never said "all Mexicans are rapists" nor "all Muslims are terrorists." Turn away from the propaganda machines of the alt left and their MSM puppets and educate yourself for a change.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

While you cannot "fact check" this type of opinion, you can sure sniff test it. I grew up on a ranch 15 minutes from the Mexico border... Trump's not at all inaccurate with this statement.

time.com...

Speaking in New Hampshire, the presumptive Republican nominee framed the Orlando shooting as largely an immigration issue. “Although the pause is temporary, we must find out what is going on,” Trump said of halting Muslims entering the country. “We have to do it. It will be lifted, this ban, when as a nation we’re in a position to properly and perfectly screen these people coming into our country. They’re pouring in and we don’t know what we’re doing.”

This is far from an "all Muslims are terrorists" statement. He's saying the country's vetting system is broken and we should place a moratorium on allowing people from terror sponsoring locations into the US until the system is repaired. I agree with him 100%.

"Alt right" is a joke. It's a construct of liberal talking heads intended to shame conservative voters away from expecting Republican politicians to remain true to traditional conservative values in an environment of a measurable leftward shift in the GOP. The dems need to defend their RINOs and they have chosen creation of an umbrella they call "alt right" to do that defending.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I'm not grabbing at straws. The patriot act negates most rights as the Nazi's have done. So I find it funny you think I've lost touch as most of this country does not mind the ramifications of this. There is a reason the constitution was written the way it was, to thwart tyranny. And we have regressed to a state where that again it can take hold.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Bravo!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Ok I stand corrected, most mexicans crossing the border are drug addicts, criminals and rapist with a few being ok people....

I don't know about you but I have met more than a few illegal immigrants in my life. Most are trying to make a better life for there family back home, or have brought there families with them at great expense. Now I'm sure some bad apples have made the jump but even as quated in your post he implies that most are up to no good.

I do honestly stand corrected on the issue of muslims, the quote I remember seeing was much different then the one you provided but as I don't have the time to go digging for it as I cannot remember where I saw it. I will back down on that issue.

I will just agree to disagree. On the alt right issue. I personally don't want to dive down that rabbit hole.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Who introduced the patriot act again?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join