It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keith Lamont Scott's wife about Keith - "He's a killer and they should know that"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Common sense says that a man who has suffered a traumatic brain injury and who needs a cane for walking, because he's recovering from 2 broken hips and a broken pelvis, whose hands are limp at his side is not an imminent threat to police officers, and could have been subdued without the use of lethal force.

There's no video evidence of Keith holding a gun, there's no video evidence of the police recovering a gun. There is video evidence of Mrs Scott informing the police that he wasn't armed, that he had no weapon. Just because the police say something, doesn't mean it's true.

I think I remember you posting somewhere that you are, or used to be in law enforcement. I may be wrong. But, what bothers me is your refusal to admit that there are bad cops, that cops do sometimes plant weapons and drugs on people, that they have been known to have code words for their illegal goings on, that cops do take drugs and they do beat their wives and threaten them with deadly weapons and they do get "trigger happy" and shoot non-threatening people.

We can't just take the word of the police anymore, given what we know. We need transparency and integrity from our police officers and their superiors.

edit on 28-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Common sense says that a man who has suffered a traumatic brain injury and who needs a cane for walking, because he's recovering from 2 broken hips and a broken pelvis, whose hands are limp at his side is not an imminent threat to police officers, and could have been subdued without the use of lethal force.

common sense says a man who has suffered a traumatic brain injury shouldn't be out in public rolling a blunt. common sense says a man that has a traumatic brain injury, who needs a cane for walking, because he's recovering from 2 broken hips and a broken pelvis, ought not be driving a vehicle. common sense says that people don't wear ankle holsters to carry their stash in, no matter what some bs'ing member on a conspiracy site says he says does, common sense says says that you don't wait for someone with a gun to raise it and shoot you, common sense says those that have their arm like they are trying to conceal something usually are. common sense says well i said it in the last post, shorten version, when 15 cops are are around you with guns drawn sayin put your hands up you should do it, if you got enough sense to roll a blunt you got sense enough to put your hands up and don't try to walk away.i could go on and on

There's no video evidence of Keith holding a gun, there's no video evidence of the police recovering a gun. There is video evidence of Mrs Scott informing the police that he wasn't armed, that he had no weapon. Just because the police say something, doesn't mean it's true.

for those that don't want to see it, there's nothing that can convince them, but rememeber after veiwing the footage the lawyers and family can't say he didn't.

there is also video and audio evidence that she said keith don't you do it what did she mean by that, could it be that she realized he did have his gun after all. she was not saying that to the cops. unless there was a cop named keith there.

and just because she said he doesn't have a gun doesn't make it true. just like when the sister and daughter claimed that he was sitting in the truck reading a book,and they busted the window out and shot him. she wasn't even there she said she heard it. that doesn't make that true either.

there are many more people that see a object that is claimed to be the gun. even the sorry MSM's that claimed at first he didn't and then tried to make out like it was planted have shut up saying that.

I think I remember you posting somewhere that you are, or used to be in law enforcement. I may be wrong. But, what bothers me is your refusal to admit that there are bad cops, that cops do sometimes plant weapons and drugs on people, that they have been known to have code words for their illegal goings on, that cops do take drugs and they do beat their wives and threaten them with deadly weapons and they do get "trigger happy" and shoot non-threatening people.

no not me. in fact if you could go back far enough in my posts you could see that i have called out and said many times the cops over reacted.
there was even one member who wanted to use and asked for my permission to to use something i said in his sig.

that was "everybody knows that stop resisting is police code for lets whoop his ass".

yes i still do call them out when it is a clear and obvious that they did wrong. but up until the last couple of years cops can't even blink without someone saying they are at fault, like the suspect had nothing to do with it, it's their job to die in the line of duty, he didn't have a gun he shouldn't have shot him even though the person was twice as big as the cop and was beating the sh@@ out of him.
or when it turns out later that the witness said one thing on tv for attention and then when called up to the station house or court house change their story. or evidence proves other wise.

but since the sjw's and race baiters have started attacking the police in every thing, i tend to give the cops the benefit of the doubt.
this is not about corrupt cops, those have been around since the first one pinned on a badge, and have been found out. it's about division and a few lawless that want to do what they want with out consequences.

We can't just take the word of the police anymore, given what we know. We need transparency and integrity from our police officers and their superiors

it bothers me that you refuse to admit that time and time again that the narrative put forth is not always true. and constantly coming up with bs to make them guilty when it is plain as day nothing you put forth can be shown as fact.

we just can't take someones wife, sister, daughter, lying witnesses, someone on a conspiracy site or anyone else word for something when video evidence is not as clear as we like, and there are other witness that say the same as the police, the police said there are other witnesses that saw the gun in his hands also remember snitches get stitches, could be one reason they may not release the names of those who saw it.

and not giving out info before a investigation is finished is not covering up. for all we know they were investigating the cops and don't want them to know, so they wouldn't be defensive. i would call that smart.

edit on 28-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The police were dealing with a mentally challenged man, and they were so informed by his wife of his traumatic brain injury. They choose to ignore that fact, so when they saw a confused man, with his hands limp at his side, it never occurred to them that he was "slow minded" and unable to drop a gun he didn't have, walk backwards and raise his hands in the air, which they never told him to do, because of a physical disability, so they shot him instead.

They weren't called on the scene by some concerned citizen, they made the call to pounce on this guy all by themselves, based on their word that they saw a gun, after they saw him smoking inside his car, with the windows up. That's their story, and I'm not buying it. My common sense tells me their story makes no sense.

You can ramble on all you want, about how he shouldn't have been smoking a joint, driving/sitting in an automobile, he should have dropped the gun (that he didn't have) and put his hands in the air, but none of those things were threatening enough for the trigger happy officer to have taken his life like he did, as the video evidence clearly shows.

Skip to the 1 minute mark and check out the police have depicted how this incident went down! The videos say they're liars!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The police were dealing with a mentally challenged man, and they were so informed by his wife of his traumatic brain injury. They choose to ignore that fact, so when they saw a confused man, with his hands limp at his side, it never occurred to them that he was "slow minded" and unable to drop a gun he didn't have, walk backwards and raise his hands in the air, which they never told him to do, because of a physical disability, so they shot him instead.

They weren't called on the scene by some concerned citizen, they made the call to pounce on this guy all by themselves, based on their word that they saw a gun, after they saw him smoking inside his car, with the windows up. That's their story, and I'm not buying it. My common sense tells me their story makes no sense.

You can ramble on all you want, about how he shouldn't have been smoking a joint, driving/sitting in an automobile, he should have dropped the gun (that he didn't have) and put his hands in the air, but none of those things were threatening enough for the trigger happy officer to have taken his life like he did, as the video evidence clearly shows.

Skip to the 1 minute mark and check out the police have depicted how this incident went down! The videos say they're liars!

I love how you talk about this guy as slow minded. Seems this slow minded guy was able to do quite a bit...drive, walk while holding a cane, drop a cane when he wanted to, roll a joint, reach an ankle holster (whether for stash or gun just to satisfy you), hold a phone to his ear to talk and put a phone down, press a gas pedal, steer a car, get out of a vehicle, etc...but can't drop a gun? Must have had super glue on that thing!

You should focus your crazy notions on his wife...why was she bringing him a CAR charger from the house...would that not most likely be in the CAR? Amazing coincidence the police happened to be looking to serve an arrest warrant at the SAME unit her husband happened to be waiting for the bus. Her response to the shooting seemed very inauthentic. She and her children were abused by him and threatened with death. She has admitted she knew he had guns and must have known he carried one all the time. She sounded more like she was worried about them shooting him in the video because all she wanted done was him arrested and gone but her plan went the wrong way and he got shot. She screamed Keith Dont You Do It....as if she KNEW he was going to pull his gun and that was not what she had planned when she set him up. She didn't want the father of her kids to die...just to get arrested and go away so he couldn't abuse them anymore. You think he gave up abusing them? Abusers don't give up....I know first hand from talking to plenty of the abused and seeing their abusers come after them time and again.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

? what are you saying this is a sarcastic video? cause the the video says that the evidence says he did have a gun. if your talking about the way the video describes the shooting, it's plain to see that the producers of the video took liberties on the way they told the story.

reposted just for s&g's among other reasons.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

it's plain to see that the producers of the video took liberties on the way they told the story.

Just like the cops did when they manufactured a reason to harrass a man smoking pot in his truck. "Looks like a gun to me!", he said from inside his car looking into an SUV with the windows up........

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

it's plain to see that the producers of the video took liberties on the way they told the story.

Just like the cops did when they manufactured a reason to harrass a man smoking pot in his truck."looks like a gun to me!", he said from inside his car looking into an SUV with the windows up........

Hmm...last I drove around I was able to see in people's windows, even across the street at stoplights.

You have got to seriously be trolling. That or have never had real contact with the actual world and live/breathe online or something...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Those cops got some serious x-ray vision!

In the dashboard video, a police SUV can be seen pulling into the parking lot where Scott’s white SUV is parked. An officer in a red shirt is visible pointing his weapon at Scott’s vehicle, whose tinted windows are up.
www.teaparty.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Those cops got some serious x-ray vision!

In the dashboard video, a police SUV can be seen pulling into the parking lot where Scott’s white SUV is parked. An officer in a red shirt is visible pointing his weapon at Scott’s vehicle, whose tinted windows are up.
www.teaparty.org...

Ha..ok, so guessing again you have no real knowledge of much. So there is LEGAL tint and ILLEGAL tint. LEGAL tint is the tint that is light enough that LEO can see through it. ILLEGAL tint is still able to be seen through but MUCH harder at night. WINDSHIELDS are NOT tinted. Do you recall in the video where they were standing DIRECTLY beside his passenger window....this allows them to see IN the car and see a gun IN his hands prior to him getting out.

Are you serious with your responses? They get more and more ridiculous as you can't figure out a way to make anything you're saying actually make sense.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

LOL

Two plain clothes officers were sitting inside of their unmarked police vehicle preparing to serve an arrest warrant in the parking lot of The Village at College Downs, when a white SUV pulled in and parked beside of them.

The officers observed the driver, later identified as Mr. Keith Lamont Scott, rolling what they believed to be a marijuana “blunt.” Officers did not consider Mr. Scott’s drug activity to be a priority at the time and they resumed the warrant operation. A short time later, Officer Vinson observed Mr. Scott hold a gun up.
www.washingtonpost.com... 427e98bc947c

"Yep, looks like a gun to me..." he said as he was sitting in his car looking through the tinted windows of the SUV, at the guy in the next car over rolling a joint.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

tinted window laws in n carolina

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Tint aws

which is not all that dark, especially when you are parked or walk by them.

this from the link you provided,

Putney said the footage supports the larger weight of evidence in the case, which includes accounts from officers at the scene, forensics and interviews with witnesses.interviews with witnesses.

also this,

He said he decided to release the videos in the interest of transparency and because the State Bureau of Investigation, which is leading the inquiry in the case, had completed key interviews with witnesses and assured him the release would not harm the integrity of their probe.

so CMPD are not the ones doing the investigation the state is, so in order to believe what you are saying that there is a cover up, it has to go all the way up to the state level. unbelievable in the atmosphere that is running all through this country.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

......unbelievable in the atmosphere that is running all through this country.

Yep!

Black men in Alabama were racially profiled and made criminals by a group of racist police. According to the Henry County Report, the incidents occurred in Dothan, Alabama where at least 12 White police officers involved.

The officers were a part of a narcotics team and were supervised by Lt. Steve Parrish, who is now Dothan’s Police Chief, and Andy Hughes, Asst. Director of Homeland Security for Alabama. The officers would target innocent Black men and plant drugs and weapons on them. Black men would be arrested and charged by District Attorney Doug Valeska. Valeska knew that the drugs were being planted and continued to prosecute while protecting the officers.

Nearly 1,000 innocent Black men were arrested and falsely prosecuted and many of the Black men who were falsely arrested are still in jail serving time.
urbanintellectuals.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

LOL

Two plain clothes officers were sitting inside of their unmarked police vehicle preparing to serve an arrest warrant in the parking lot of The Village at College Downs, when a white SUV pulled in and parked beside of them.

The officers observed the driver, later identified as Mr. Keith Lamont Scott, rolling what they believed to be a marijuana “blunt.” Officers did not consider Mr. Scott’s drug activity to be a priority at the time and they resumed the warrant operation. A short time later, Officer Vinson observed Mr. Scott hold a gun up.
www.washingtonpost.com... 427e98bc947c

"Yep, looks like a gun to me..." he said as he was sitting in his car looking through the tinted windows of the SUV, at the guy in the next car over rolling a joint.

Hmm..."held a gun up"....I guess he can move his arms after all....weren't you saying this was something he couldn't do in many posts on this thread.

[snip]

edit on 30-9-2016 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

......unbelievable in the atmosphere that is running all through this country.

Yep!

Black men in Alabama were racially profiled and made criminals by a group of racist police. According to the Henry County Report, the incidents occurred in Dothan, Alabama where at least 12 White police officers involved.

The officers were a part of a narcotics team and were supervised by Lt. Steve Parrish, who is now Dothan’s Police Chief, and Andy Hughes, Asst. Director of Homeland Security for Alabama. The officers would target innocent Black men and plant drugs and weapons on them. Black men would be arrested and charged by District Attorney Doug Valeska. Valeska knew that the drugs were being planted and continued to prosecute while protecting the officers.

Nearly 1,000 innocent Black men were arrested and falsely prosecuted and many of the Black men who were falsely arrested are still in jail serving time.

And from your own link, but since it doesn't fit your agenda I understand why you didn't post it...

Read more: urbanintellectuals.com...
Follow us: @urbanintellect on Twitter | urbanintellectuals on Facebook

It took a group of White police officers who noticed the crimes and shared the information with Internal Affairs Division for an investigation to take place. It was soon discovered that the police officers who planted the drugs and weapons were members of a racist terrorist organization that was designated as a hate group

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

and just how long ago was that, 20, 10 years ago, i'm talking about now 2016. but you knew that. and besides that is one police department in one town and not state law enforcement.

but nice try at defection.

edit on 28-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   

December 2, 2015
In 1998, several honorable officers in the Dothan PD witnessed their colleagues’ criminal behavior and tried to expose them, managing to initiate an internal investigation. However, the investigation was covered up by superiors and the district attorney. Since that time, awareness of police brutality and corruption has grown exponentially, and the whistleblowers believe there is now a better chance at serving justice and freeing those wrongfully imprisoned.

Members of a specialized narcotics team operating in Alabama have been accused of planting drugs and weapons on innocent young black men in a series of wide-ranging abuses spanning nearly two decades, an article in the Henry County Report has revealed.[/x]

“Internal Affairs Sergeant, Keith Gray, recommended that Magrino be immediately discharged and prosecuted, all of his previous cases reopened for investigation, and the judges and attorneys of those convicted be immediately notified. Gray believed there were hundreds of false arrests in the system by the group of officers, historically over a thousand.
However, at this point, our sources and the documents confirm the investigation was shut down, and the files ordered “buried” by Police Chief, John White, and District Attorney, Doug Valeska.”

According to department and state policy, federal law enforcement authorities should have been notified of the results of the internal investigation, but that never happened. Instead, the planting of drugs and guns on innocent victims continued for years.

This case was brought to Lorretta Lynch in December 2015. The officers haven't even testified yet. This is current news!

The group of officers who presented the evidence to Internal Affairs Division are willing to testify against the racist officers if U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch assigns a special prosecutor from outside of Alabama to handle the case.

www.innocenceproject.org...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

again just one town, one police department, one county DA. not the State Bureau of investigations.
two decades hunh, depending on which articles you read other than your links, there are two dates given for when it started and it is unclear as to when it stopped or still going on.

but that's not the whole truth to the story, here are two different article that give a little more detail, leaves one to wonder if a black officer that had filed law suits has something to do with the leaked documents,

read the articles not just the spinets.

s the criminal justice reporter at Slate, I was as interested in this story as my peers. It felt big and damning, and while I hadn’t heard of the Henry County Report, I assumed it was a local newspaper and that the article had been the result of an intensive journalistic investigation. I started in on my own item about the investigation, making notes on the key paragraphs so that I would be able to quickly write up a blog post about it when I was done.

I soon noticed a problem, however. None of the central accusations that the Henry County Report was making against the Dothan Police Department were clearly supported by the documents Carroll had posted. The documents were certainly suggestive of misconduct—but as far as I could tell, they weren’t definitive proof of anything, let alone a massive conspiracy by white supremacist cops to plant evidence on 1,000 black men.

take the first document Carroll posted: an undated memo labeled “notification of charges and/or allegations.” The allegations are not described, and the name of the officer who was being notified of them was whited out.

The SPLC was early to post Carroll’s article on Twitter and was partly responsible for it spreading it as far as it did; this afternoon, however, the organization formally retracted the tweet after determining that they could not vouch for the truth of the article. “We shouldn’t have given it a platform,” SPLC digital media director Alex Amend told me.)

above from,
What Do We Really Know About the Alleged Police Cover-Up in Dothan, Alabama?

But soon after the article was published, the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)—the entity whose endorsement most likely helped the story go viral—issued a retraction on Twitter. The SPLC also released a statement to AL.com reading, "We received new information from people we trust around Alabama that we should be highly suspect of the reporting and then made the decision that we didn't want to keep the story out there under our account."

Confederate "Heritage"
The most striking image in Carroll's article is the photo (also seen at the top of this page) of a group of Dothan police officers, including current Chief Steve Parrish, posing with the stars and bars to commemorate their membership in Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV), which they describe as a "heritage" and "history" group. Parrish admits that when starting the Dothan chapter of the SCV, he needed to meet a minimum number of members so he recruited from within the department. But asked about his former membership in the group, Parrish also says he stopped participating in 2005.
There is considerable debate as to what the SCV stands for. Carroll writes that the"The Cause for Southern Independence"Sons of Confederate Veterans Souther Poverty Law Center has labeled them "racial extremists," though what the SPLC actually described in 2002 was an "internal civil war between racial extremists and those who want to keep the Southern heritage group a kind of history and genealogy club."

Yet Carroll does himself and the cause of criminal justice reform no favors when he writes hyperbolic passages, which he has thus far failed to prove, like this: The larger issue is no less than hundreds of wrongly convicted black men and tens of millions of dollars in potential damages as well as potential prison terms for himself and the district attorney and those who assisted them. Dothan's Police Chief Steve Parrish angrily denied Carroll's claims at a press conference a day after the article went viral, stating, "There are simply too many outright lies and fabrications in the blog to address individually, but his 'opinion' has apparently been taken by many as 'fact.'"

above from,
Alabama Cops, Confederate Flags, Racism, and an Over-Eager Media

one of the leaked documents, notice no names in the header for to and from.

from,
New Report Provides Evidence That Alabama Police, District Attorney Have Framed as Many as 1,000 Innocent Black Men for Drugs, Guns for Years, Many Still in Prison

although there is some indications of a racial conflicts in the department, there seems to be questions about the documents and the allegations.

of course the DOJ has to investigate, there are claims that a 1000 blacks had their civil rights violated. how many times have they investigated allegations of just one at a time? i can think of at least two times, and one was after the accused was found innocent of murder in court.

so if one the most if the most active civil rights non profits pulls their endorsement which started the viral spreading ,(which shows that there isn't enough evidence to support the allegations, saying "could not vouch for the truth of the article") what does that say.

plus two of the officers are black and have a law suit files against the department, could they have made up things with help from other white officers that they were friends with.

things that make you say hmmm.
edit on 29-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I knew that I could count on you to down play the serious breech of trust that the police have themselves created.

If it can happen in Alabama, it can happen anywhere, and it does. I didn't post the information about Alabama's police problem to highlight racism, I posted it to highlight systemic police corruption. And, I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that the "Fraternal Brotherhood" ends at city limits or state borders. NYPD wasn't cleansed of corruption just because Frank Serpico testified. Ham sandwiches were still being delivered!

I've never claimed that the Keith Scott shooting was due to racism. I have claimed that reasons for the confrontation in the first place were conflated and questionable, the incident itself escalated and was mishandled due to poor police training and, (the casual gun drop, I believe I see was a sign of) systemic corruption. Agree or disagree with my reasons for thinking so, but don't accuse me of playing the "racist" card.

edit on 29-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I knew that I could count on you to down play the serious breech of trust that the police have themselves created.

just as you down played or just didn't mention that the sources of the reports are questionable.

i searched for dothan police department planted evidence, and the links came up on the fist page. why didn't you mentioned that the source reports were questionable, your the one shouting no matter what there needs to be better transparency.

If it can happen in Alabama, it can happen anywhere, and it does. I didn't post the information about Alabama's police problem to highlight racism, I posted it to highlight systemic police corruption. And, I'm sorry, but I'm not buying that the "Fraternal Brotherhood" ends at city limits or state borders. NYPD wasn't cleansed of corruption just because Frank Serpico testified. Ham sandwiches were still being delivered!

Agree or disagree with my reasons for thinking so, but don't accuse me of playing the "racist" card.

but yet, you only posted on one police department in one town, where the whole deal is about supposed racism, not any others in the whole country. not any with any white, hispanic, or asians. why was that?

maybe you should have found a better source, not one that reports the reason for it as racism, and is questionable at best.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

just as you down played or just didn't mention that the sources of the reports are questionable.

Typical!

I'm not obligated to show you every time the police, across the country, have planted weapons and drugs. There is ample proof that it happens. There is ample proof of systemic corruption and abuse of power, that has led to a deep breech in trust between the community and the police.

Police are just people, and people are imperfect and will succumb to all manner of foibles and temptations under given circumstances. 40% of police don't have domestic violence issues because they're police, but because they're human. The same with alcoholism, drug abuse, depression and mental illness issues. There are going to be racist cops, liberal cops, religious cops and conservative cops, because they're all humans beings. Racism may be a problem, but it isn't the main issue, corruption and the abuse of power is. Take care of that among the ranks, and racism won't have any more effect on policing than religious or political affiliation does.

That's why there needs to be extreme vetting, proper training and systems in place that protect both the police and the public. If power corrupts then unchecked power corrupts exponentially, which is why we can't give cops a blank check and tacitly accept everything they say and do. There needs to be transparency between the police and their interactions with the community, training in dealing with mentally and physically challenged individuals and better community outreach.

But that's not going to happen when the police won't even admit there's a problem at all.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join