It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

idea for future debates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've watched a bunch of debates over the years "not last night" and have came to a conclusion.
The debate model sucks.
Somebody always screams bias!

Here's my idea.

*both parties submit 5 questions for the debate.

*sealed envelopes all around delivered to the moderator at the start of the debate.

*2 moderators, one chosen by each party.

*2 of the questions to be answered by both players.

People will still bitch but they can't complain about the questions being asked this way.

Did I miss anything?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Lol @ Future!

JK M8

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I say the American people submit the questions. If you are registered to vote you can submit a question. Top 10 questions HAVE to be answered.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think this is an excellent idea, I have a slight feeling hillary had knowledge of the questions before last nights debate, her tentacles are everywhere. We already know she is capable of cheating. Something tells me she came pre prepared last night. I cant prove it, you cant disprove it. but it is definitely the clinton way of doing things.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Did I miss anything?

Yah, the sealed envelopes. Thats an open invitation to corruption.

There ought be representatives chosen by the states to represent them, with a list of questions drawn up by the people in those states to be asked at the debates by those reps in the audience. All the candidates, not just two, should be given a crack at them, for one minute.

The most popular questions on the lists would be asked first.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

I think this is an excellent idea, I have a slight feeling hillary had knowledge of the questions before last nights debate...

The questions are always the same; jobs, taxes, debt, health care, poverty, education, defense. I turned it off five minutes in, been hearing them drone on about the same issues for five decades.

Of course they come prepared, prepared to BS the American people, one_more_time.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Idea for future debates? Get different candidates to debate.

Trump and Clinton are just too chaotic or dishonest.

If Trump lived in our community, I could live with that. If Hillary lived here, I would probably move. It isn't her personally, I just do not like interacting with people like her. On a smaller milder scale, we have people like her around here, and I avoid them.

There are a couple of guys with trump like personalities around here and they are actually good for our local economy, they invest in businesses and employ people. They are overpowering jerks, but if you get to know them personally they are not bad. I wouldn't want to work for them though. They are good to meet at coffee, you get to see what is coming up in your communities future.
edit on 27-9-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Only the most ambitious, dishonest, corrupt and controlling people claw their way to the top of the heap. While pretending to be the nicest, honest, and helpful.

King of the hill...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

You can't have two moderators unless they are hot chicks amd you have a kiddy pool filled with mud or Jello. They'll start trying to moderate each other and then they'll start fighting, and if there's going to be a fight you at least want it to look good and be entertaining. It would be a bonus to watch Hillary's face salivating, we already know Trump would.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/27.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

2 moderators, one from CNN and one from Fox News?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto

2 moderators, one from CNN and one from Fox News?

The party can choose who moderates their opponents

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Only the most ambitious, dishonest, corrupt and controlling people claw their way to the top of the heap. While pretending to be the nicest, honest, and helpful.

King of the hill...

Capital hill has presidents not kings.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: intrptr

King of the hill...

Capital hill has presidents not kings.

Thats a game. But there is less distinction today. Bush and Clinton aren't family dynasties?

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
October 8, 2016

You just know that the first question in tomorrow night's TOWN HALL debate between Clinton and Trump will come from Anderson "giggle-boy" Cooper, of CNN. And it will be about Trump's puzzy grabbing comments.

If Donald Trump shows genuine remorse, and even sheds a tear or two (as even the mighty Obama has done!), will that make a positive difference, assuming that Trump does well in all other areas of tomorrow night's debate???

-cwm

new topics

top topics

join