It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Lester Holt Unfair To Donald Trump During Debate?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I don't think Lester is going to get any negative press for that performance

I watched the debate live here in Australia and i am sorry but the moderator was so one sided it was not funny . Worst moderator ever .

And would you like to provide context for why you say that?

Declarative statements without a follow up don't really do much to make us agree with you.

Pot meet kettle.

He tossed Hillary softball questions. Didn't ask her about the foundation, emails, or anything at all.

Trump had an average of 56 seconds of talk time before being interupted, whereas Clinton had an average of 6 minutes. 25 snap polls suggest Trump won the debate, while CNN's says Clinton won.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Taking notes is allowed. Coming with prepared notes is not.

I never saw her take notes though, so that's why I brought it up. Maybe others did and I just missed it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
FWIW, I've only ever heard Trump say he was against the war in Iraq.

Trump definitely supported the war. He only spoke against it a year after it had begun.

The problem is that there's no evidence that Trump voiced his opposition to the war like he says he did; the only statements he gave prior to the invasion were supportive of it.

And his own explanations of his position have in turn opened up even more contradictions in his record.

(Source).

'Trump still wrong on his claim that opposed Iraq War ahead of the invasion.'

'Donald Trump and the Iraq War.'

'Donald Trump Triples Down on Lie That He’d Always Opposed Iraq War.'

edit on 27/9/2016 by MongolianPaellaFish because: added some other stuffs...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: NotTooHappy
Well; he refused to call Sean Hannity. So, there's that.
Drumpf is an unqualified and unprepared fool. He came off looking exactly like that last night.

What do you have to do to be qualified, destabilize the middle east, and Europe? Killing hundreds of thousands?

Allowing Christian to be slaughtered and tortured?

Set it up so the world will be fighting terrorism for decades?

Sell out America to the highest bidder?

That kind of qualifications?

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I can't lie...sometimes it's true

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Grambler

The questions put to her don't actually seem easy - unless what you're really wanting is for her to confess that she's been feeding state secrets to North Korea on purpose

I'm not sure what you're looking for. What would you have asked her?

I would have asked questions to both candidates that were more relevant. Economy and ISIS questions were ok, but health care, immigration, veterans health, etc. I would have let the candidates give their positions and attack the others instead of just helping one candidate by only attacking the other.

If I were to ask questions that attacked one candidate and follow them up, I would have done the same with the other candidate.

Ask question about Trumps taxes, then I would have asked Hillary about her emails being deleted and followed up on that.

Asked about birthers, I would have asked Hillary about her blacks being super predators and bringing them to heel.

Asked about Trump talking about Hillary's looks, I would have then mentioned Hillary's deplorable comments.

I don't have a problem with these questions, as long as both sides are asked them. Holt directed all of these to only Trump.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Sooooo...back to the subject of this thread: If Hillary was using prepared notes (and Krazysh0t agreed she was) BUT Holt didn't call out the violation, then, yeah, Holt was not fair.

We don't have access to this year's debate's rules. They're keeping them pretty secret. Source The 2012 rules don't apply.

FWIW, I've only ever heard Trump say he was against the war in Iraq. It wouldn't bother me at all if was for it, do you have a link?

At about 30 seconds. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish

FWIW, I've only ever heard Trump say he was against the war in Iraq.

Trump definitely supported the war. He only spoke against it a year after it had begun.

The problem is that there's no evidence that Trump voiced his opposition to the war like he says he did; the only statements he gave prior to the invasion were supportive of it.

And his own explanations of his position have in turn opened up even more contradictions in his record.

(Source).

'Trump still wrong on his claim that opposed Iraq War ahead of the invasion.'

'Donald Trump and the Iraq War.'

'Donald Trump Triples Down on Lie That He’d Always Opposed Iraq War.'

Everyone points to the Howard Stern interview lol.

1:40. Doesn't sound enthusiastic about it.

But yes, let's focus on this and ignore that Hillary fully supported it.. like John "I was for it before I was against it" Kerry. But I guess since they are Dems they get a pass eh?

ETA: And I can't count how many times I've been told "you must support Obama and his policies, He's our president after all!"
edit on 27-9-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Was Lester Holt Unfair To Donald Trump During Debate? Yes, but he had to earn the $140,000 Hilary paid him.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Those are all good questions. Maybe next debate? Let's hope so

There's a reason we couldn't have that kind of debate this go around. There's a reason why we can't have a normal election this time too. This is not a normal election, and our country is very close to crossing a line

My bias of course is showing. I know - you think I hate Donny. Since I'm big on hating hate - that part is kinda funny - especially to me :-)

Yeah - I am not a fan

So, just one more thing - and then I'm kinda outta here. There are a few posters here at ATS - right and left - that seem to be genuinely interested in reality. We don't all see things exactly the same - but it's good to see that a few folks here are keeping it real

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Nope. I've stopped paying attention to politics as closely as I was before. It's done WONDERS for my happiness too.

LOL, you're in every single thread involving Hillary and posting in her defense. You've been posting this entire thread, then you claim you didn't even watch the debate. The lack of self-awareness is real.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

He was not in office when he said or did not say he supported the war. He has been pretty adamant since the "stern'" interview he is against it. But in the end....who cares about this right now?

All they did last night during the debate was bring up the same talking point issues that mean nothing this election. National Security, economy and Healthcare...those are the issues that needed to be discussed.

Support for the Iraq war means nothing today.
The birther questions...means nothing today. Obama is not running and asking for a birth cert is not racist it is required unlike tax returns.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Doesn't sound enthusiastic about it.

But yes, let's focus on this and ignore that Hillary fully supported it.

You're right. Trump should have admitted his position and said, "Yes, my layman's opinion was that an Iraqi invasion might be good, but I wasn't in government. My opinion didn't count. But at least I didn't VOTE for it in Congress, like you did. Your opinion COUNTED."

He missed many such opportunities. That's no one's fault but his.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

are you including the amount to time hillary had before trump interrupted her? I rewatched, the debate today and counted how many times he interrupted her..... I got 26 times. heck one times, he was so busy talking over her, he had to ask the moderator about what she had said.. I got three time that Hillary interrupted him..

there might have been a few more on either side because I kind of lost interest and started working on a project while I was listening so my attention was divided between the two. hillary seemed to at least want to talk about the policies she would like to work on... tump really didn't say much about his, just bunch of criticism of the present administration, even blaming it for some things that were done in the bush administration.

hopefully next debate, they can have a rule that they can't talk over each other?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
We don't have access to this year's debate's rules. They're keeping them pretty secret.

Oh, I realize that. It's very odd that the rules are secret. The Salon article I linked to said they were 'obtained & leaked' by TIME, in 2012.

Regardless, what was great about the Salon article is it takes you through a history of the rules with regard to notes during the debates. Apparently, Nixon even accused JFK of using prepared notes.

And the evolution of the debate rules and notes has become more strict and specified, over the years. Do you really think that, all of a sudden, the candidates are allowed to use prepared notes?

I do not. I imagine the rules are the same as 2012 or modified slightly based on the 2012 rule...not abandoned all together.

Here's the Salon story link, again:Link
edit on 27-9-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Those are all good questions. Maybe next debate? Let's hope so

There's a reason we couldn't have that kind of debate this go around. There's a reason why we can't have a normal election this time too. This is not a normal election, and our country is very close to crossing a line

My bias of course is showing. I know - you think I hate Donny. Since I'm big on hating hate - that part is kinda funny - especially to me :-)

Yeah - I am not a fan

So, just one more thing - and then I'm kinda outta here. There are a few posters here at ATS - right and left - that seem to be genuinely interested in reality. We don't all see things exactly the same - but it's good to see that a few folks here are keeping it real

I appreciate the discussion.

I will probably be heading out soon but I will finish with this. Regardless of what Holt did, Trump could have steered the debate many times to attacking Hillary. Instead he rambled on and on about issues that didn't matter. He failed.

I wish the debates were about issues and were fair, but this is a pipe dream.

I am incredibly frustrated by the incredible bias of people on all sides, but especially the media.

If they think Trump is so horrible, why do they have to game the system to defeat him?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
when it comes to the iraq war and who supported it and who didn't...
one should consider just how many lies were being fed to all of us by the bush administration.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
when it comes to the iraq war and who supported it and who didn't...
one should consider just how many lies were being fed to all of us by the bush administration.

There is a video of Hillary talking to code pink before the invasion, and she says in that video that she based her decision not on what Bush said but what on her husband said.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Humble pie time..........

Lester was not that bad....

I don't know if trump screwed up on purpose, or if he really is as stupid as people say......I am leaning towards the latter.....

Hillary looked professional......

As of last night I am in the neither candidate boat and most likely won't be voting at all.

I take back my negative statements towards Hillary's health.....

I am reverting back to my nuetral, non political stance....this is probably one of my final stops in a political thread.

I'm going back to where I belong in vintage outlandish ATS conspiracy land......

Peace ✌.....it has been...........interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Trumps stance on the Iraq War is a dumb talking point. That was what, 20 years ago? And at the time Trump said it, he wasn't even giving a straight answer. It was like "uhhh, I ahhh, I guess so". That to me isn't exactly a striking endorsement of anything, much less the Iraq War. The MSM spin machine wants to catch Trump in lies so badly that they REACH.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join