It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Was Lester Holt Unfair To Donald Trump During Debate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Yesterday it was meant to be upto the debaters to bring up the tough issues...

Now that Trump didn't, it's the moderators fault.

I said before the debate that if he fumbled on the email-issue, I would hold him accountable. And I do.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I just tried to read the transcript.

Was Trump drunk? Or high? I am sorry, I seem to live in a different world, as I can not understand why someone would talk in this way, this repetitive style.

Just for example, I picked this per complete chance out of his speak:

Could I just finish? I think I should - you go to her website, she’s going to raise taxes 1.3 trillion dollars and look at her website. You know what, it’s no different than this. She’s telling us how to fight ISIS. Just go to her website. She tells you how to fight ISIS on her website. I don’t think General Douglas MacArthur would like that too much.

WHAT? Or, in internet-terms: "WAT!?"

It was not an easy situation, Mr. Trump was in a highly stressful setting. No one expects pitchperfect, ready-to-print sentences with absolute coherent thoughtprocesses in high detail all the time.

But Mr. Trump did this the whole time.

Yes, I listened to snippets of his talks in German news or broadcasts, but those were usually only some seconds and they seemed to convey that those few sentences were keypoints which he just had to repeat and to emphasize.

But Mr. Trump does this about every paragraph. About every 30 seconds maybe?

I am the first to admit that *edit*my English as being not my mothers tongue does and will always have a lot of flaws.
But my braincells dedicated to linguistics are crying in pain.. Okay, that was a bit dramatic, but his rhetoric seems to be dedicated to appeal to an uneducated audience which needs to be entertained in short sentences, repetitions of crucial points and seems to have the attention span of a mayfly.

Okay, enough with the rant against Mr. Trump.

--> Vote third party. Why not Jill Stein?
*scnr*

edit on 27 9 2016 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh...So debates are not supposed to bring up any issues that make anyone in the debates feel uncomfortable or fell attacked in any way?.

We are supposed to let our prospective leaders be treated like "delicate snowflakes" and try very hard not to force them to answer any hard questions about important issues or KNOWN misinformation or lies or attempts to distract from issues and topics?.

Ooooooooooooh, don't be unfair to the candidate that I like..............

Whiners.

+4 more 
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Yesterday it was meant to be upto the debaters to bring up the tough issues...

Now that Trump didn't, it's the moderators fault.

These people are so disjointed and unhinged it's not even funny.

Ok fair enough. So Hillary did a good job by bringing up Trumps tax returns.

Oh wait Holt did that.

But she did hammer him when she brought up the birther issue.

Oh that was Holt again.

Well when she let Trump have it about his being for the Iraq war, that was great.

Oh what is that, this was Holt again that brought this up?

Well at least she went after Trump for attacking her looks.

Oh I am sorry, that was Holt again.

So if this debate was about the debaters bringing up tough issues, why didn't Hillary bring any up.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

First yes, I agree with your premise, BUT:

about his tax returns, the birther thing, Hillary's looks, and him being for the Iraq invasion.

Taxes - Totally, completely legitimate election issue.

Birther - Should have let that one die.

Sexim - He has a track record about that - but no place for that question in the debate.

Iraq War - It was like 15 years ago, it's not relevant what he stated, it's relevant to the media because they make him look like he lied.

They soft balled Hillary - but in her defense, she had plenty of explaining to do once Trump started calling her out in his tangents.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Only the desperate would blame the moderator for the Jerry Springer behavior that Trump gave.
He is solely responsible for the lunacy of what came out his mouth and what he sniffed up his nose.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The one thing that I noticed that wasn't even-handed by Holt was that he admonished the audience when they cheered for a Trump response, but did not do the same when the crowd cheered a Hillary response.

I quit watching after about 10:20 pm Eastern time.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Holt asked Trump at least a half dozen follow-up questions...He asked zero follow ups for Clinton.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Maybe because she qualified her answers professionally and articulately, on the other hand he absolutely NEEDED to qualify Trumps rantings.
edit on 27-9-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Holt kept Hillary from having to attack Trump and he left Trump in a position to have bring up issues to attack Hillary on...which he did poorly.

Trump and Holt made it impossible for Hillary not to win the debate. Her performance was lackluster, but that's all she needed to win.

I am all for 'gotcha,' no-good, very mean questions. I think it's all fair game. I'd just like to see both of them get them pretty equally.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Bluntone22

The emails were brought up.

Did the moderator ask hillary a question about her emails?

Yes. Holt did after Trump brought them up which was a good debate tactic and then when he had her on the defense she turned it right back around to his taxes and he bit.

LESTER HOLT

He also raised the issue of your e-mails. Do you want to respond to that?
HILLARY CLINTON

I do. You know, I made my mistake using a private e-mail.
DONALD TRUMP

That's for sure.
HILLARY CLINTON

And if I had to do it over again I would obviously do it differently. But I'm not going to make any excuses. It was a mistake and I take responsibility for that.
LESTER HOLT

Mr. Trump?
DONALD TRUMP

That was more than a mistake. That was done purposely. That was not a mistake. That was done purposely. When you have your staff taking the Fifth Amendment, taking the fifth so they are not prosecuted, when you have the man that set up the illegal server taking the fifth, I think it’s disgraceful. And believe me, this country thinks it is this -- really thinks it is disgraceful also.

As far as my tax returns, you do not earn that much from tax returns.

NPR

Trump ripped her on that, as well as most everything last night. And he didn't say you don't earn much from tax returns, he said you don't learn much.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Donald Trump doesn't think so at least:
Donald Trump: 'Lester Holt did a great job'

Though I wouldn't be surprised if he changes his tune after listening to his supporters.

But even as the candidate said that, an opposite consensus was building among his supporters, surrogates and members of the conservative media.

"Lester Holt clearly heard the cries of his colleagues in the liberal media to be tough on Trump and ease up on Hillary loud and clear," Brent Bozell, the president of the right-wing watchdog Media Research Center, said in a statement. "Lester Holt failed in his role as a moderator. Period."

Drudge Report, the influential conservative aggregator, led its site with stories from Heat Street and Washington Examiner that claimed Holt had been "the third debater," and that his fact-checking was "opinion journalism."

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Explain to me how Trump's alleged stance on the Iraq war was a bigger issue than Hillary's actual vote to authorize force in Iraq?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We have seen the leaked DNC emails.

Why shouldn't we believe that the questions were submitted to Holt by Hillary or her accomplices at the DNC?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Trump brought it back around to his taxes... he could have scored big there, at least with his own crowd. He blew it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am not sure you folks were even watching the same debate. There was no winner. Trump did not have his ass handed to him and Hillary did not say enough to be pertinent. It was a waste of time that did not allow talk about policy but did make sure to discuss 'birthers' and 'bankruptcies' and the 'Iraq War'.

Hillary talked past her time over and over as if she was giving a press conference and Holt did NOT give her the same questions on follow up as to Trump.

Not fair? Sorry, he knew what he was getting into and those questions certainly seemed to be fairly biased to the former SecState. Biased...yes...It must be very tough to be in front of so many and have no chance from the start.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

I do not understand, how can you, a self-proclaimed Bernie supporter, be blind to the obvious bias of the moderator? He did not ask NOT ONE tough question to Hillary.

Thank you, I was wondering about that.

I didn't watch it but glad for those to point out things like this. Thats why I turned it off and came here instead to get the scoop.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I stand corrected.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
Holt brought up a lot of insignificant questions. Who cares about Trumps taxes.Who cares about the whole Obama birther situation. Nobody cares about those at this point.

The questions where designed for distraction, to prevent the voters from giving full attention to real issues. Trump failed to realize he was setup to go off on a tangent. Holt made sure of this by follow up questions..... Notice how quickly the email topic lasted..... total setup.

Meanwhile.... Hillary smiles as Trump struggled in this trap.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Hillary talked past her time over and over as if she was giving a press conference and Holt did NOT give her the same questions on follow up as to Trump.

And thank you for that, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join