It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Lester Holt Unfair To Donald Trump During Debate?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Lester was rudely interrupted numerous times after he attempted to shorten Trump's responses. If Donald had allowed his bombastic self to be moderated correctly instead of forcing exasperated responses into our ears, his better articulated points would have stood out more. Anyone who thinks that Lester just let him speak is wrong.

edit on 27-9-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: Kali74
WTF up people, you are being played by both party, MSM, and the corporations.
Stop accepting these kardashian debates!

HIGH FIVE!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

#8 Asks Trump why he hasn't released his tax returns (This is the first attack question, and its directed at Trump.)

Hillary brought it up and then let Trump interrupt and go off about. He bit. I addressed Iraq and the emails in other posts. Again with the TPP and her calling it the gold standard, he brought it up and it was good he did and then he shot himself in the foot again by going off on another tantrum.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

it's never going to be the debates we actually need to be having and it sucks.

Ofcourse not as long was we have party cheerleaders that don't hold there party accountable.

That said, it was equally light and fluffy to Donald as it was to Hillary.

While I think Donald did worse than hillary due to his ramblings and not so much the questions. In no way were those questions equally light.

This was a democrat and establishment friendly debate.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

#8 Asks Trump why he hasn't released his tax returns (This is the first attack question, and its directed at Trump.)

Hillary brought it up and then let Trump interrupt and go off about. He bit. I addressed Iraq and the emails in other posts. Again with the TPP and her calling it the gold standard, he brought it up and it was good he did and then he shot himself in the foot again by going off on another tantrum.

No Holt brought it up. Look, I am sorry but your response is insufficient. You asked someone to go through the transcript and show you where Holt was unfair. I did just that.

Now did Trump do poorly on his own right. Yes. I thought that Trump could have steered the conversation much better, and rambled less, etc. but he didn't. This is on him.

But to pretend that Holt wasn't asking bias questions is ludicrous. You just keep giving excuses as to why these were legitimate questions to ask, but give Holt a pass on not asking Hillary any difficult questions.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Clinton played Trump like a cheap guitar.

It was sweet music to my ears.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The birther question was ridiculous. No one was willing to ask Obama about his birth certificate during any of his debates, when it was actually relevant.

So, yeah, i thought that was very biased.

Other than that, I feel like Trump should own his failures, last night.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

How can anyone say the moderator was unbiased?

You must be joking?

Don Don does nothing but call attention to himself - and then pat himself on the back for upsetting the apple cart, blowing things up out of all proportion and basking in the attention that comes with not being establishment - just a blowhard. Mesmerizing and novel - obviously

He's not a man of substance, policy, facts - or experience. He simply cannot argue - he's got no room to argue

He knows this, so he misdirects like a carny and insults like a bully and hopes nobody notices he's got nothing

This is enough for some people

And of course his gang cries foul :-)

Show me where there was bias? How is Trumps focus on Trump not a legitimate subject for the debate?

edit on 9/27/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: words...wrong...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

If he manages to win the election somehow, I hope he proves that he can stay on topic a bit better than he demonstrated at the debate and every other speaking engagement I have watched him make.

I am not a supporter of Trump but I have many friends, family and acquaintances who are.

This is worrying to me because the guy doesn't seem to be very capable of anything but arguing, accusing and being a general douche, from what I have observed.

It doesn't take any real skill to inherit money, the family business and connections, and just be a rich douche and allow what somebody else built to do what it did before you inherited it.

Trump is a great big fake and he babbles because he just never learned how to speak, because anyone pointing out he spoke wrong, or said the wrong thing to or about him would just be sued for it.

Trump Train done de-railed.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

The birther question was NEVER relevant. NEVER. But Trump made an issue of it for years and why? The why makes it valid for the portion of the debate it was brought up in last night.
edit on 9/27/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Honestly, I thought that both candidates sucked during the debate. The bar is set so low right now. I didn't hear a single thing that would help us (we the people) during it. All I heard was a bunch of crap slinging and BS and Holt brought up a lot of insignificant questions. Who cares about Trumps taxes.Who cares about the whole Obama birther situation. Nobody cares about those at this point. What we want to hear is how these two candidates will further America and we barely scratched that surface last night. So in light of that, Holt failed IMO. He let them both get off into dumb tangents.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Why did Holt not pester Hillary on ANYTHING? There is plenty to go after, but instead he focused on going after Trump on non-issues.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Nikola014

How can anyone say the moderator was unbiased?

You must be joking?

Don Don does nothing but call attention to himself - and then pat himself on the back for upsetting the apple cart, blowing things up out of all proportion and basking in the attention that comes with not being a establishment - but just a blowhard. Mesmerizing and novel - obviously

He's not a man of substance, policy, facts - or experience. He simply cannot argue - he's got no room to argue

He knows he's this, so he misdirects like a carny and insults like a bully and hopes nobody notices he's got nothing

This is enough for some people

And of course his gang cries foul :-)

Show me where there was bias? How is Trumps focus on Trump not a legitimate subject for the debate?

What are you on about?

Holt prepared the questions. During the first half hour when the questions were fair and on real issues, Trump did just fine.

Holt then asked Trump 4 different attack questions, constantly following up to get more out of Trump on these. He asked Hillary one difficult question that was "Trump mentioned your emails, care to respond?" She responded for 15 seconds, he had no follow ups like he did with Trump.

I do not understand you anti trump people. I fully admit Hillary won the debate. Yet you can not admit the questions were biased to HIllary, when it is in black and white. I went through the whole transcript and showed this. You can look for yourself.

Yet you will still let your bias say "Nope Trump deserved those questions" as if Hillary doesn't deserve to have hard questions asked of her.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A good moderator would have been ignored. The great "grade" of a moderator would be having him invisible, not even noticed.

Holt made himself part of the debate.

He "Candy Crowly'd" it.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

a reply to: MotherMayEye

The birther question was NEVER relevant. NEVER. But Trump made an issue of it for years and why? The why makes it valid for the portion of the debate it was brought up in last night.

What a joke. This is exactly what I am talking about.

So the birther issue is relevant, but the Clinton foundations shadiness isn't? Hillarys lying about emails being about yoga only isn't? These are national security issues, but they are not relevant.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It was relevant to me. I never cared if other people insisted it wasn't. Much like they don't care that I thought it was.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

No Holt brought it up.

Sorry. You're right, he did. I had to go back and look again. I don't believe for a second though that Holt was biased.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I didn't say the emails weren't relevant. Trump blew that.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yesterday it was meant to be upto the debaters to bring up the tough issues...

Now that Trump didn't, it's the moderators fault.

These people are so disjointed and unhinged it's not even funny.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

No Holt brought it up.

Sorry. You're right, he did. I had to go back and look again. I don't believe for a second though that Holt was biased.

Do you agree that Holt at least asked Trump four attack type questions;

about his tax returns, the birther thing, Hillary's looks, and him being for the Iraq invasion.

Do you also agree that he only asked Hillary a blip question about emails that Trump brought up first?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join