It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Lester Holt Unfair To Donald Trump During Debate?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Why is it racist? Simply because he is mixed or because the Harvard law review said he was from Kenya? Or the time that the First Lady said that he was Kenyan?

Those small gaffs made huge conspiracies and they didn't come from thin air. I would go down the rabbit hole looking for answers about ANY president in that situation.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I didn't have to do anything. I actually watched the debate. Not swallowing the next day spin. And you do know there is more than one thread on the board, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Nothing is 'kind of' racist. Asking for someone birth certificate is not saying you are better than that person based on race. That is what 'racism' is. There is also prejudice which many mistake for racism. I mean, why did it take so long for him to present it anyways? was that not odd.

Also, what racist Things has Trump done again? The renting to people 40 years ago?

Bill clinton famously made the remark about Obama that he 'would be carrying our luggage' in reference to the then junior senator. THAT is racist. Calling young black youth Superpredators? THAT is racist.

Stop making everything about race. If we all were colorblind the world would be a better place.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Holt kept Hillary from having to attack Trump and he left Trump in a position to have bring up issues to attack Hillary on...which he did poorly.

Trump and Holt made it impossible for Hillary not to win the debate. Her performance was lackluster, but that's all she needed to win.

I am all for 'gotcha,' no-good, very mean questions. I think it's all fair game. I'd just like to see both of them get them pretty equally.

I agree with this 100%. Including what butcherguy stated that the mod allowed Hillaries cheerleading squad to root for her and cheer. When Trumps team did the same, he was quick to tell them to calm down. When at the start of the debate it flashed on screen saying no booing or cheering. Yet the first to do that was Hillary's team. Trump sounds like he actually cares about issues that affect the American people. Hillary puts on a good show of BS, but doesn't really seem to care about issues that affect Americans. She only cares about herself. The moment Trump brought up her 30 years in politics she was DONE. Anything she said was shallow, and hollow. She had her chance to make a difference, but decided to enrich herself instead.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Does anyone know what the polls are saying about a winner?

From what I read last night and today over 30 places including Time Magazine, washington times, NBCNews and major publications have stated Hillary lost and they see Trump as winning the debate. However, what I do see is people using the CNN poll as the 'real' poll and ignore the others. Hillary won only the NBC News, WCVB (Boston) and the CNN/ORC polls.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

From what I read last night and today over 30 places including Time Magazine, washington times, NBCNews and major publications have stated Hillary lost and they see Trump as winning the debate. However, what I do see is people using the CNN poll as the 'real' poll and ignore the others. Hillary won only the NBC News, WCVB (Boston) and the CNN/ORC polls.

This is why the online polls look so good for Trump: '4chan and Reddit bombarded debate polls to declare Trump the winner.'

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: intrepid
You know what's funny? Not ha ha but sad. Before I turned my computer on today I told my son(who also watched the debate) what I would find here. Either Trump beat Hillary or the debate was fixed. He gave me this look:

And here we are.

So when he beat her in the commander and chief forum, HIllary's people said it was rigged against her. I love how you act like this just goes one way.

An aside from your all seeing clairvoyance, would you care to respond to the actual facts of what happened at the debate? I went through the whole transcript and showed how Holt went after Trump over and over an barely asked Hillary any tough questions.

Did you take into account in your prediction that the moderator may actually be biased against Trump, or is your prediction somehow proof that Holt couldn't have been biased.

Not only did the claim it was rigged against her. They complained the mod focused on her emails for 10 minutes and she looked like a deer in a headlight repeating words and making stuff up as she spoke.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish

This is why the online polls look so good for Trump: '4chan and Reddit bombarded debate polls to declare Trump the winner.'

They also said that Hillary had a custom made podium to make her look taller. Yet I didn't see that yesterday. She stood on her own two feet. Don't forget that Hillary has similar support via reddit and has a section that actively bann anti-Hillary posters. To assume that her squad isn't doing the same is short sighted.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
But yes, let's focus on this and ignore that Hillary fully supported it..

Nobody's ignoring the fact that Hillary fully supported it. The point is that she's never lied about supporting it, whereas Trump did.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This whole darn Election is unfair....Holt is just part of the Circus. I watched the debate and didn't find him to be BLATANTLY Bias, but subtly for sure. It seemed like Holt directed more questions to Hillary 1st, so she had a chance to respond with a more thought out answer and then Trump had to follow. She put him on the defense by injecting some pretty serious character attacks in her responses. When she accuses him of "stiffing" people who worked for him and he responds at one point with "that's business", "maybe they didn't do a good job" and basically says...."The politicians are responsible for me using the UNFAIR laws of the land because they exist"......ugh.....what a jerk. The cherry on the top with him claiming his vicious attacks on Rosie O'Donnell were justified, "and who cares about her anyway"......Love her or Hate her, she is an American citizen and he would be her & her children s President too.

Meanwhile we have rotten to the core Hillary smiling like a Cheshire Cat, claiming her "humble" roots and Integrity while she personally amasses a fortune under very Dubious circumstances. Anyone who takes any time to research the Clinton's political rise to Power and the Lies , Corruption and loss of life ( domestically and abroad ) should be sickened. I truly don't know which one of them is Worse for the Country, both are immoral Narcissists !

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Could you link to some of these polls?

Everything I've read (as well as my own assessment and that of nearly every R or D I've spoken to) indicates that Trump lost handily.

I just did another search, and I still see the same thing.

You're not talking about ONLINE polls, are you? Those are for entertainment value only. They are not statistically relevant.

I can't find a single poll taken in a reputable fashion that shows Trump winning.

P.S.

Just to be clear, I'm not voting for either one of these sorry candidates.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The weekend will bring the scientific polls.

Next week they will come out with "more real" numbers.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Only the desperate would blame the moderator for the Jerry Springer behavior that Trump gave.
He is solely responsible for the lunacy of what came out his mouth and what he sniffed up his nose.

And you would believe a complete idiot like Jerry Springer ?

Lunacy is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: IAMTAT

Maybe because she qualified her answers professionally and articulately, on the other hand he absolutely NEEDED to qualify Trumps rantings.

You mean she followed the tried and true methods of habitual liars that can say whatever they want and lie completely and do it "in courtroom words" ?

Sorry but the people are getting sick of someone LOOKING like she is prepared and smart, but actually is a venomous loser who has memorized how to lie far too well, in a politically correct world.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: matafuchs

Hillary talked past her time over and over as if she was giving a press conference and Holt did NOT give her the same questions on follow up as to Trump.

And thank you for that, too.

Perhaps Holt like the rest of us on planet earth actually detest listening to her speak, and subconsciously DO NOT WANT to hear ANYTHING she has to say !!

Besides being the most corrupted politician in U.S. history she is also the most BORING, perhaps all of these issues are at play in this election!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

More "wah". I've posted what I thought about this debate earlier. Oh, and you can stop this "I'm in the middle" crap. No one is buying it anymore.

More "wah" from you.

Only a crybaby would think to say something like that...LOL!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I didn't have to do anything. I actually watched the debate. Not swallowing the next day spin. And you do know there is more than one thread on the board, right?

I bet you thought the questions were even and swallowed the media's reports on it at the time.

When anyone could see he was fighting an uphill battle against a skewed system, he still managed to make her look scared, and also made her constantly do that grin she gives off when completely and totally being called on something....something that she CANNOT even say a word against.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

More "wah". I've posted what I thought about this debate earlier. Oh, and you can stop this "I'm in the middle" crap. No one is buying it anymore.

More "wah" from you.

Only a crybaby would think to say something like that...LOL!

Wow. Did it take you all day to come up with that comeback?

Here's a thought... try reading the thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Here you go:

It's even gold. He should feel comfortable there.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You think so? I've already seen Trump supporters saying that Holt was biased against Trump.

Well of course, I bet Lester is the one that messed with his Mic and he must've also forged all those Tweets that showed he was lying....

What I should have said, is nobody with an ounce of common sense could claim a moderator who did practically nothing all night, certainly nothing controversial, was biased.

~Tenth

Give me a break!!!

You obviously didn't watch the debate that the rest of the US watched.

Personally, I don't vote, so I don't have a stake in this election, but the moderator CLEARLY was bias. He cut Trump off so many times I lost count, but it was well over 30+ times. I don't recall seeing him do that Hillary except MAYBE a few times.

Not only did he constantly cut trump off, but he also argued with Trump over several issues, which as far as I understand isn't the purpose of the moderator to do (such as Trump's stance on the war in iraq).

To top it all off, many of his questions were designed to either put Trump in a defensive position, or to bait Trump to attack HIllary. That shouldn't be the purpose of the debate. The debate should be just that, a platform for two presidential candidates to discuss and debate the major issues.

The moderator was throwing perfect pitches to Hillary so should could hit a home run easily each time, and yet the whole time was aiming for Trump's head with the ball.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join