It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Was Lester Holt Unfair To Donald Trump During Debate?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the polls are saying about a winner?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Try watching a debate before you discuss it?

Why? Nothing important happened during it. Trump lost, just like I predicted. Neither debater really pushed anyone to change their minds and there are two more debates. Big whoop. Is it November 9th yet?

And Atlanta played great with their stout offense, not a soft defense that couldn't even tackle an old timer. But I didn't watch that either, I just watched the debate and predicted the MNF outcome.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Try watching a debate before you discuss it?

Why? Nothing important happened during it. Trump lost, just like I predicted. Neither debater really pushed anyone to change their minds and there are two more debates. Big whoop. Is it November 9th yet?

And Atlanta played great with their stout offense, not a soft defense that couldn't even tackle an old timer. But I didn't watch that either, I just watched the debate and predicted the MNF outcome.

Good for you?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It was absolutely biased against Trump. His tax returns, his "birtherism", his supposed racism, how Hillary doesn't have a presidential look—he had to defend against it all, while no questions were raised about the rigged DNCs, potential conflict of interests with the Clinton foundation, the emails, the lies about Hilary's health.

The debate was framed to favor Clinton.

Crazy he had to defend his own statements in a presidential debate, huh? What's the world coming to?

Yet Hilary didn't have to defend any of hers, for instance the numerous lies about her emails. Crazy, huh?

Were we watching the same debate? He specifically asked her about her emails. She answered simply and concise. Smart way of going about it instead of rambling incoherently like Donald. But maybe that's just me

Um, she said she made a mistake and regrets it. That was the end of it. Do you even know what "concise" means?

concise - giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.

Yes, obviously. She summed it up in one short statement. What were you expecting her to say? Or better, how were you expecting her to say it? You think a woman who has been through multiple FBI investigations and hearings is going to get a case of diarrhea mouth on live TV and go on a Trumpet style rant?

No, she did exactly what I thought she would do though, and that's beat around the bush and get away with it. She was supposed to be responding about the emails being deleted. She responded by saying she made a mistake using a private server and wouldn't do it again or whatever. Yeah, thanks for the concise answer about all your deleted emails!

Say what you want but at least it's an answer.

Back to topic: As much as Donald kept running over the moderator it's no surprise Hillary didn't get asked any harder questions. She's just following her strategy of letting him dig his own hole (making crazy vague statements, making the moderator angry by his constant interjections and demeanor) and sitting back and watching the results. His bullying way of speaking to people isn't an advantage in these debates.

Trump was pushing points out, I can understand wanting to get them across. The man don't like being talked about and not defending himself. I can't blame him.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Been reading along your comments here, thanks for pointing out the rules about notes and or electronic devices. Your husband thought he may have seen sometihin like an I pad? I hope somebody brings that out. If she did have an appliance, thats even more tricky than an earphone or simple notes.

Also, if she had notes, she would be seen to shuffle between the pages. The little I saw of it in the beginning she was definitely looking down, and not shuffling pages.

Same here. I thought she had one sheet of paper to write on. Never thought of an iPad, but I'd think that if she did have one, Trump would have called her out on it. Hard to miss one of those.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
actually, this election between the man child and the women is the punishment from god...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

So earlier in the thread, I posted how Trump said that Holt wasn't biased, but that was subject to change depending on what his supporters said. So guess what?
Donald Trump Accuses Lester Holt Of Bias In First Debate
The unpredictable Donald is becoming predictable.

Hindsight's 20/20... It's a lot easier to see the bias when you watch from the camera and you're not having to focus also on your opponent's talking points for a counter punch.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

So earlier in the thread, I posted how Trump said that Holt wasn't biased, but that was subject to change depending on what his supporters said. So guess what?
Donald Trump Accuses Lester Holt Of Bias In First Debate
The unpredictable Donald is becoming predictable.

Hindsight's 20/20... It's a lot easier to see the bias when you watch from the camera and you're not having to focus also on your opponent's talking points for a counter punch.

Yes it is MUCH easier to look back after all your supporters have given their opinion so you can change yours to match it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

a reply to: ManFromEurope

Transparency is another issue that Hillary outshines Trump on, but that doesn't stop tons of people saying that Hillary is more secretive than Trump anyways.

How is using Bleachbit on a server, smashing cell phones with hammers, and deleting 33,000 emails transparent? It isn't. Unless you mean her bs story is so thin you can see right through it...

I could of sworn I said that Trump is LESS transparent than Hilary, not that Hilary was completely transparent. Try reading my post next time and maybe respond with an actual comparison instead of just a point in a vacuum?

This is your statement:

Transparency is another issue that Hillary outshines Trump on, but that doesn't stop tons of people saying that Hillary is more secretive than Trump anyways.

And my response is valid. Whether Trump's degree of transparency is lesser or greater than hillary's is irrelevant. Nothing hillary does can be mistaken for transparency unless you are really trying not to see the truth.

Why don't you try responding to a question with a rational answer instead of feeble attempts at sounding smart while deflecting and denying?

To be fair, Hillary's transparency guide has been the obama administration for 8 years. What's transparent in her eyes is only transparent to those that think the current administration (which is the most destructive ever) is transparent. That, or she thinks that being the transparent means the dad is the mom and the mom is the dad.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Ironically, Holt is a registered republican.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Ironically, Holt is a registered republican.

That is something that doesn't matter apparently. As Comey learned, if you don't toe the Trump line (TM) then you are on the take from the Clinton Foundation.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Does anyone know what the polls are saying about a winner?

Only online polls ATM and they differ greatly from each other.

Give it about 3 days and the election polls will show a change one way or another.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

To OP, no, the moderator was not fair. Key points were:
1. Holt asks trump to detail his mfg job plan.
2. Holt asks for additional detail for his mfg job plan.

Clinton was never asked for any details of her her plans. Its a political game to avoid details, and the game was denied for Trump but not Clinton.

3. Asks Trump hardball LEADING question about tax returns ending with “don't you think...”?
4. Asks Trump questions on the principles behind his tax return release choices.

Wow, you cannot be a fair moderator asking leading questions. That is a ridiculous mistake for someone to be making. I know the guy isn't a lawyer but he should have been practicing moderation at some point before this debate.

5. Asks Hillary “the issue of your emails”… “do you want to respond?”
Wow, that was some softball in comparison to the section about Trump's tax return.

The debates are irrelevant and the president will be useless under Clinton or Trump as neither one understand any real solutions to Americas problems. Solutions like the non-aggression principle, politics that focus on the positive instead of on fear, politics based on evidence in addition to emotion, and so on. Neither candidate even seems to see the problem let alone be able to figure out solutions. If your problem is fear-based policies, is not building a wall and beating your chest as Trump going to accomplish nothing? You can't make America Great Again if you don't know why America was great. Together we are Stronger yet Clinton doesn't know why we are divided... a social contract in tatters. So, no hope there either.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
You know what's funny? Not ha ha but sad. Before I turned my computer on today I told my son(who also watched the debate) what I would find here. Either Trump beat Hillary or the debate was fixed. He gave me this look:

And here we are.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Been reading along your comments here, thanks for pointing out the rules about notes and or electronic devices. Your husband thought he may have seen sometihin like an I pad? I hope somebody brings that out. If she did have an appliance, thats even more tricky than an earphone or simple notes.

Also, if she had notes, she would be seen to shuffle between the pages. The little I saw of it in the beginning she was definitely looking down, and not shuffling pages.

Same here. I thought she had one sheet of paper to write on. Never thought of an iPad, but I'd think that if she did have one, Trump would have called her out on it. Hard to miss one of those.

Found an image of her podium. Hard to tell whats all there...

ABC news image

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
You know what's funny? Not ha ha but sad. Before I turned my computer on today I told my son(who also watched the debate) what I would find here. Either Trump beat Hillary or the debate was fixed. He gave me this look:

And here we are.

So when he beat her in the commander and chief forum, HIllary's people said it was rigged against her. I love how you act like this just goes one way.

An aside from your all seeing clairvoyance, would you care to respond to the actual facts of what happened at the debate? I went through the whole transcript and showed how Holt went after Trump over and over an barely asked Hillary any tough questions.

Did you take into account in your prediction that the moderator may actually be biased against Trump, or is your prediction somehow proof that Holt couldn't have been biased.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

More "wah". I've posted what I thought about this debate earlier. Oh, and you can stop this "I'm in the middle" crap. No one is buying it anymore.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

a reply to: kruphix

For starters, there's nothing racist about questioning a person's citizenship. At this point, it doesn't matter whether obama was born in Kenya or Hawaii because the damage he's caused to America is done. The only reason you people think the birther issue is a big deal is because you think you can paint Trump as a racist over it. You guys find a big deal in anything that can be negatively spun against Trump and give a pass to anything that negatively affects Clinton, claiming it's a witch hunt.

Yeah, it's kind of racist.

And we don't need the birther issue to "paint Trump as a racist"...Trump does that just fine himself. There are many examples of him letting his racism show.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

a reply to: kruphix

If Hillary had creamed him, I would, concede the old witch did it. However, that is not what happened. It was a tie because there was no substance. Each time the moderator engaged Trump it should have been HIllary responding. She did not respond to some questions. An easy cop out.

Trump could not get her to crack although, strange no one noticed, the first statement she made she lost her train of thought. I saw that and was like here we go but she go through it.

Letting someone else talk in a debate and not rebutting does not show calm and collected. It shows scared.

It seems like the entire political world, even right winger, disagree with you.

Trump is still on the defensive today and Hillary is riding a wave of positive momentum.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Grambler

More "wah". I've posted what I thought about this debate earlier. Oh, and you can stop this "I'm in the middle" crap. No one is buying it anymore.

Ha! What insight you provide. Please tell me more about myself and my lies. You have added so much to this thread haven't you?

Your "wah" is so great, I am so thankful that you are truly an unbiased voice that can call out people pretending to be in the middle like me.

Your contributions to this thread have been three posts that are as follows.

I thought he did a fine job. Trump interrupted about a dozen times and was called on it about 4 times. He only called him twice on evading the question. Hill interrupted once. She really has to work on not looking so smug when Trump shoots himself in the foot though.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

You know what's funny? Not ha ha but sad. Before I turned my computer on today I told my son(who also watched the debate) what I would find here. Either Trump beat Hillary or the debate was fixed. He gave me this look: And here we are.

And the quote I am responding to.

What great insight. You showed everyone!

In fact maybe they can just shut this thread down, no one else need give their opinion. You were so detailed in your analysis. I love how you went point by point through all of the questions Holt asked!

Oh wait, what is that you didn't do any of that?

But at least you showed that no one buying me. My "wah" of actually going through what was said in the debate is so transparent, right? I mean, you don't want facts of the actual things said to get in the way of your incredible feelings and narratives right?

I look further to more of your great contributions in the future!

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join