It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Was Lester Holt Unfair To Donald Trump During Debate?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Try watching a debate before you discuss it?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It was absolutely biased against Trump. His tax returns, his "birtherism", his supposed racism, how Hillary doesn't have a presidential look—he had to defend against it all, while no questions were raised about the rigged DNCs, potential conflict of interests with the Clinton foundation, the emails, the lies about Hilary's health.

The debate was framed to favor Clinton.

Crazy he had to defend his own statements in a presidential debate, huh? What's the world coming to?

Yet Hilary didn't have to defend any of hers, for instance the numerous lies about her emails. Crazy, huh?

Were we watching the same debate? He specifically asked her about her emails. She answered simply and concise. Smart way of going about it instead of rambling incoherently like Donald. But maybe that's just me

Um, she said she made a mistake and regrets it. That was the end of it. Do you even know what "concise" means?

concise - giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.

Yes, obviously. She summed it up in one short statement. What were you expecting her to say? Or better, how were you expecting her to say it? You think a woman who has been through multiple FBI investigations and hearings is going to get a case of diarrhea mouth on live TV and go on a Trumpet style rant?

No, she did exactly what I thought she would do though, and that's beat around the bush and get away with it. She was supposed to be responding about the emails being deleted. She responded by saying she made a mistake using a private server and wouldn't do it again or whatever. Yeah, thanks for the concise answer about all your deleted emails!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

If Hillary had creamed him, I would, concede the old witch did it. However, that is not what happened. It was a tie because there was no substance. Each time the moderator engaged Trump it should have been HIllary responding. She did not respond to some questions. An easy cop out.

Trump could not get her to crack although, strange no one noticed, the first statement she made she lost her train of thought. I saw that and was like here we go but she go through it.

Letting someone else talk in a debate and not rebutting does not show calm and collected. It shows scared.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Try watching a debate before you discuss it?

Why? Nothing important happened during it. Trump lost, just like I predicted. Neither debater really pushed anyone to change their minds and there are two more debates. Big whoop. Is it November 9th yet?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It was absolutely biased against Trump. His tax returns, his "birtherism", his supposed racism, how Hillary doesn't have a presidential look—he had to defend against it all, while no questions were raised about the rigged DNCs, potential conflict of interests with the Clinton foundation, the emails, the lies about Hilary's health.

The debate was framed to favor Clinton.

Crazy he had to defend his own statements in a presidential debate, huh? What's the world coming to?

Yet Hilary didn't have to defend any of hers, for instance the numerous lies about her emails. Crazy, huh?

Were we watching the same debate? He specifically asked her about her emails. She answered simply and concise. Smart way of going about it instead of rambling incoherently like Donald. But maybe that's just me

Um, she said she made a mistake and regrets it. That was the end of it. Do you even know what "concise" means?

concise - giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.

Yes, obviously. She summed it up in one short statement. What were you expecting her to say? Or better, how were you expecting her to say it? You think a woman who has been through multiple FBI investigations and hearings is going to get a case of diarrhea mouth on live TV and go on a Trumpet style rant?

No, she did exactly what I thought she would do though, and that's beat around the bush and get away with it. She was supposed to be responding about the emails being deleted. She responded by saying she made a mistake using a private server and wouldn't do it again or whatever. Yeah, thanks for the concise answer about all your deleted emails!

Say what you want but at least it's an answer.

Back to topic: As much as Donald kept running over the moderator it's no surprise Hillary didn't get asked any harder questions. She's just following her strategy of letting him dig his own hole (making crazy vague statements, making the moderator angry by his constant interjections and demeanor) and sitting back and watching the results. His bullying way of speaking to people isn't an advantage in these debates.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I thought he did a fine job. Trump interrupted about a dozen times and was called on it about 4 times. He only called him twice on evading the question. Hill interrupted once. She really has to work on not looking so smug when Trump shoots himself in the foot though.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I thought he did a fine job. Trump interrupted about a dozen times and was called on it about 4 times. He only called him twice on evading the question. Hill interrupted once. She really has to work on not looking so smug when Trump shoots himself in the foot though.

I agree. She had the look of an adult looking at a child when they do something stupid most of the time.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
actually, I counted the interruptions.. trump 26, hillary three... although, I admit that might not be accurate since I was also working on something else for part of the debate.
and, I didn't include the times when either of them interrupted the moderator.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye
Been reading along your comments here, thanks for pointing out the rules about notes and or electronic devices. Your husband thought he may have seen sometihin like an I pad? I hope somebody brings that out. If she did have an appliance, thats even more tricky than an earphone or simple notes.

Also, if she had notes, she would be seen to shuffle between the pages. The little I saw of it in the beginning she was definitely looking down, and not shuffling pages.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Within the first 10 minutes to moderator attempts to stop Trump when he gets on a roll about NAFTA and the 30 years in public service where HIllary has done nothing. A minute and 30 seconds late the moderators buts in...BEFORE Trumps time and when he is on a roll.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So earlier in the thread, I posted how Trump said that Holt wasn't biased, but that was subject to change depending on what his supporters said. So guess what?
Donald Trump Accuses Lester Holt Of Bias In First Debate
The unpredictable Donald is becoming predictable.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Second, I have provided a link of the transcript... please SHOW us how Holt was unfair.

It was clear from the start that Holt was going to be unfair to Trump. How many times did he say PRAISE TRUMP or THANK GOD FOR TRUMP and only Trump can save America!!?? Not once did he pay homage to the great Orange one. Everyone should be praying for a Trump presidency because if Hillary gets elected well you know what happens then.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

a reply to: ManFromEurope

Transparency is another issue that Hillary outshines Trump on, but that doesn't stop tons of people saying that Hillary is more secretive than Trump anyways.

How is using Bleachbit on a server, smashing cell phones with hammers, and deleting 33,000 emails transparent? It isn't. Unless you mean her bs story is so thin you can see right through it...

I could of sworn I said that Trump is LESS transparent than Hilary, not that Hilary was completely transparent. Try reading my post next time and maybe respond with an actual comparison instead of just a point in a vacuum?

This is your statement:

Transparency is another issue that Hillary outshines Trump on, but that doesn't stop tons of people saying that Hillary is more secretive than Trump anyways.

And my response is valid. Whether Trump's degree of transparency is lesser or greater than hillary's is irrelevant. Nothing hillary does can be mistaken for transparency unless you are really trying not to see the truth.

Why don't you try responding to a question with a rational answer instead of feeble attempts at sounding smart while deflecting and denying?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Why should I respond to your attempt to deflect what I said with your "valid point"? Uh. No. You deflected first so you get to eat MY deflection back at you.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Why should I respond to your attempt to deflect what I said with your "valid point"? Uh. No. You deflected first so you get to eat MY deflection back at you.

That sounds like a hillary answer. A lot of words, no meaning whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

One example of where MoLester Holt was WRONG and Trump was RIGHT.

Ref: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

A broken clock is right twice a day.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

How does that take away from Trump saying he supported the war in 2002? It's known that later Trump said he didn't support the war, but Holt asked him about his original statement, in 2002, which he lied about again.
edit on 27-9-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sure. Let's go with that. I see you weren't trying to have a real debate anyways; just a typical playground name calling session as I've grown to expect from ATS these days. So no point in arguing with you any further.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: kruphix

If Hillary had creamed him, I would, concede the old witch did it. However, that is not what happened. It was a tie because there was no substance. Each time the moderator engaged Trump it should have been HIllary responding. She did not respond to some questions. An easy cop out.

Trump could not get her to crack although, strange no one noticed, the first statement she made she lost her train of thought. I saw that and was like here we go but she go through it.

Letting someone else talk in a debate and not rebutting does not show calm and collected. It shows scared.

Fear of getting into a discussion she didn't want to delve off into or a talking point she didn't want Trump to think about, that's EXACTLY what I got out of her silence and smirking as well.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join