It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Lester Holt Unfair To Donald Trump During Debate?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If a hardcore Trump fanatic like you says that it was a tie...I'm pretty sure that means that Hillary flat out won, but you can't make yourself admit it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The agreement was that the moderator would not fact check on-the-fly, which holt tried, unsuccessfully, to do. He also did not stick to the specified topics in questioning Trump. When the audience applauded Trump he admonished them reminding them that they agreed to remain silent. When they applauded hillary he said nothing and let them applaud. By the end of the debate he had pretty much taken over for hillary. She sat there saying nothing while holt debated Trump. It is not the moderators place to question the statements made or argue them. That is the opponents job. He can ask follow up questions if he believes it would be relevant but that is all. What we saw was not unbiased non-interference moderating which is what we should have had.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

For starters, there's nothing racist about questioning a person's citizenship. At this point, it doesn't matter whether obama was born in Kenya or Hawaii because the damage he's caused to America is done. The only reason you people think the birther issue is a big deal is because you think you can paint Trump as a racist over it. You guys find a big deal in anything that can be negatively spun against Trump and give a pass to anything that negatively affects Clinton, claiming it's a witch hunt.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Kali74

If you can't see how this was biased then don't know what to say.

Asking Trump to clear up inconsistencies about things he's said isn't attacking him. I was hoping he'd shed some light on things that made me doubt him, but he instead just side stepped every question by rambling into a related topic. Anyone that see's that as anything more than someone trying to talk their way out of a lie, I don't know what to say.

edit on 27-9-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
It was absolutely biased against Trump. His tax returns, his "birtherism", his supposed racism, how Hillary doesn't have a presidential look—he had to defend against it all, while no questions were raised about the rigged DNCs, potential conflict of interests with the Clinton foundation, the emails, the lies about Hilary's health.

The debate was framed to favor Clinton.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It was absolutely biased against Trump. His tax returns, his "birtherism", his supposed racism, how Hillary doesn't have a presidential look—he had to defend against it all, while no questions were raised about the rigged DNCs, potential conflict of interests with the Clinton foundation, the emails, the lies about Hilary's health.

Crazy he had to defend his own statements in a presidential debate, huh? What's the world coming to?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Crazy he had to defend his own statements in a presidential debate, huh? What's the world coming to?

Yet Hilary didn't have to defend any of hers, for instance the numerous lies about her emails. Crazy, huh?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: kruphix

Prepared vs Ego? No, sorry. The ego was her laughing thinking that in some way they rigged it the way it was needed but real people, people who know what a dirtbag Hillary is, simply saw it as an establishment crony letting her controlled media attack the other candidate.

The racist birther issue...first why is it racist? Because he was a person of color running for president? The media and yourself make it racist which is why it is a non-issue. Was it racist when they did it to Ted Cruz?

Issues? How about Clintons tax plan. Her idea for jobs in America. Her ideas on immigration and the borders. Her idea on who to combat ISIS. It was all her saying Trump this and Trump that but not what she is going to do. A politician who wants to take no side but all sides so in the end they can say they helped it along.

Sorry, she did not win the debate. Neither did he. It sucked to be honest as I wanted more interaction with the candidates themselves asking the follow ups..not the f'n moderator.

Good analysis. The left claims the birther thing is racist because they think Trump started it, even though it was a Clinton campaign volunteer who initially started the whole thing. I watched Channel 12 claim it that that was false according to their "fact checker." They must have been using Hillary's website for the fact checking, I'm sure it's 100% honest and unbiased, just like Clinton. What we DO know is that when the left feels pushed into a corner, their knee jerk reaction is to immediately label something with a phobia or an ism. They're out of ideas on how to stop Trump, that's why he's called a racist for questioning the authenticity of a black guy. That's why he's called a sexist for saying Hillary don't look presidential. Sure she's ugly and unattractive, but just because she is doesn't mean Trump was referring to her looks. But, that's how the desperate crowd will spin it.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If the debate was rigged against him, I would expect him to see it and overcome it. Not snort and snarl. He completely failed because he could not control his impulses. I was expecting Hillary to get attacked because of her husband's past deeds, and she was ready.
edit on 27-9-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

link   

I swear people selectively read to just confirm their bias.

I have said at least three times on this thread that I had no problem with Holt asking these questions. My issue is that he did not ask Hillary any of these questions.

How about...

Crazy that SHE didn't have to defend her own statements in a presidential debate, huh?

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Lester Holt did what he was told to do by the people who write his paychecks. Who is the moderator for the next debate?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Ues he was he asked more pointed questions of trump and framed the questions to make him look bad and shooshed the crowed when the cheered for trump but didnt when they did the for clinton, hilkary clonton is evil

link   

Yet Hilary didn't have to defend any of hers, for instance the numerous lies about her emails. Crazy, huh?

Beat me to it!!

link   
Life is tough as a Republican.

The Left lies to you, The Right lies to you,

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
a reply to: LSU0408

Taking notes is allowed. Coming with prepared notes is not.

I never saw her take notes though, so that's why I brought it up. Maybe others did and I just missed it.

Oh, well how would the moderator know if she had prepared notes or not? She for sure was writing stuff down.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Were we watching the same debate? He specifically asked her about her emails. She answered simply and concise. Smart way of going about it instead of rambling incoherently like Donald. But maybe that's just me

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Transparency is another issue that Hillary outshines Trump on, but that doesn't stop tons of people saying that Hillary is more secretive than Trump anyways.

How is using Bleachbit on a server, smashing cell phones with hammers, and deleting 33,000 emails transparent? It isn't. Unless you mean her bs story is so thin you can see right through it...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

We watched the same debate. Like I said, he never asked her about her lies regarding her emails. He simply asked if she wanted to respond.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

I swear people selectively read to just confirm their bias.

I have said at least three times on this thread that I had no problem with Holt asking these questions. My issue is that he did not ask Hillary any of these questions.

How about...

Crazy that SHE didn't have to defend her own statements in a presidential debate, huh?

What statements? Was she not called out by Donald for using the term "super-predator" and also asked about her emails? Or how about everyone in Hillary's camp taking the 5th over the emails?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Transparency is another issue that Hillary outshines Trump on, but that doesn't stop tons of people saying that Hillary is more secretive than Trump anyways.

How is using Bleachbit on a server, smashing cell phones with hammers, and deleting 33,000 emails transparent? It isn't. Unless you mean her bs story is so thin you can see right through it...

The Clinton's are the least transparent politicians in the history of US politics.

edit on 27-9-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join