It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Was Lester Holt Unfair To Donald Trump During Debate?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
For reference I am using NPR's transcript of the debate (with bonus fact-checking). My overall opinion is that Trump really shot himself in the foot. I think Holt did fine and was at least fair. Trumps own temperament (hahaha) kept getting in the way of Holt dumping any of the accusations he was hurling in Hillary's lap.

If you think Holt was unfair, please show us.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Holt just kinda sat there and let Trump run his mouth all night.

That's all he needed to do. As far as moderators are concerned, he performed quite well. He asked questions, tried to keep them on topic as much as possible, but mostly just let them go at it.

I don't think Lester is going to get any negative press for that performance.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I don't think Lester is going to get any negative press for that performance.

You think so? I've already seen Trump supporters saying that Holt was biased against Trump.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You think so? I've already seen Trump supporters saying that Holt was biased against Trump.

Well of course, I bet Lester is the one that messed with his Mic and he must've also forged all those Tweets that showed he was lying....

What I should have said, is nobody with an ounce of common sense could claim a moderator who did practically nothing all night, certainly nothing controversial, was biased.

~Tenth

+31 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Th only thing you need to do, is listen to his questions, and everything is clear.

I do not understand, how can you, a self-proclaimed Bernie supporter, be blind to the obvious bias of the moderator? He did not ask NOT ONE tough question to Hillary.

Establishment 1
Trump 0

Go next, and let's hope Trump learned to not expect a fair debate. He has to take matter into his own hands

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Actually I thought Hold was very soft on Trump. He could have ripped him apart on multiple occasions, but gave him a few free passes and chose not to push the point whenever he saw that Trump was struggling.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

But, what kind of questions were asked? 75% of the debate was wasted on useless, unimportant stuff connected to Trump.

How can anyone say the moderator was unbiased?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I think Holt did a pretty good job moderating last night.
He only pulled a 'Candy Crowley' once during the birther segment...but he should be spared from the 'Matt Lauer' treatment from the liberal press elite.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

But, what kind of questions were asked? 75% of the debate was wasted on useless, unimportant stuff connected to Trump.

Because Trump kept bringing up several different topics when asked a direct question by Holt, which he had to let Clinton then respond to.

Most of the debate focused, not on the questions asked by Holt, but how far off the rails Trump went with his answers, forcing conversations about other topics.

He did it to himself.

~Tenth
edit on 9/27/2016 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yes, Trump sounded like a blathering idiot, but you must admit the questions forced Trump into defensive mode. The birth certificate question? Tell us about the mean and nasty things you said about Hillary. Come on, be honest with yourselves. What kind of questions are those? They have nothing to do with how we will move forward as a nation.

Oh, and edited to say those questions were asked by the moderator, not forced by Trump's own meandering.
edit on 27-9-2016 by whatmakesyouright because: Stated in post

+30 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I don't think Lester is going to get any negative press for that performance

I watched the debate live here in Australia and i am sorry but the moderator was so one sided it was not funny . Worst moderator ever .

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
How was he unfair? he even let Trump talk over him a couple of times! The second debate should be more centered around problem solving.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I don't think Lester is going to get any negative press for that performance

I watched the debate live here in Australia and i am sorry but the moderator was so one sided it was not funny . Worst moderator ever .

And would you like to provide context for why you say that?

Declarative statements without a follow up don't really do much to make us agree with you.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think Lester let the debate get outta control. I think he could of tried harder to stay on topic and stay on time so that he could get to more questions.

I like Trump, but he sound like a broken record. He just kept repeating himself over and over. He is not good at debating. He had a couple opportunity to really dig the knife, but it was like he froze and forgot the facts. (her Emails)

He was like a kid on test day after studying all night. Just forgot everything.

She didn't do much better. Her "plans" for everything is the same plans that every president says. Witch means nothing will change and we will keep doing the same thing.

And I also was on the NPR fact checking site last night, and I had to go somewhere else for fact checking. NPR was just Trump busting all night. They were more focused on Trump than anything else. Factcheck.org was pretty good at keeping it level.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
Th only thing you need to do, is listen to his questions, and everything is clear.

I do not understand, how can you, a self-proclaimed Bernie supporter, be blind to the obvious bias of the moderator? He did not ask NOT ONE tough question to Hillary.

Establishment 1
Trump 0

Go next, and let's hope Trump learned to not expect a fair debate. He has to take matter into his own hands

First, if Bernie were the nominee the whole debate would have been different. Bernie would have forced a much deeper set of questions and Trump would have refused to debate at all.

Second, I have provided a link of the transcript... please SHOW us how Holt was unfair.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Ever since the hoopla with Megan Kelly, the debates have become as much about the moderators as the candidates.
It's ridiculous. They should ask whatever they want.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Declarative statements without a follow up don't really do much to make us agree with you.

It is an outsiders opinion . An opinion that holds just as much weight as yours .
edit on 27-9-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The moderator didn't prepare the questions. That was answered right before the start of the debate.

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Here is why Lester Holt SUCKED THE BIG ONE and yes the questions were rigged in favor for Hillary. Although it is nobody fault but trumps for having a miserable night with his ramblings.

The whole debate was around BS and nothing of substance questions, because it dealt with the symptoms and not the REAL CULPRIT of our issues. We have discussed Racism,sexism,and all ism for over 5 decades. We have discussed Foreign affairs, immigration, SS, and all the same rehashed questions for the last 5 decades under the same two party rule and nothing is changing. Break the freakin Cycle people.

Holt not once discussed the only things that matter and that can fix the majority of our problems in this country. He went for the tabloid questions.

Not once was any of the REAL issues discussed:

1. Congregational term limits ,
2. Open door policy between gov't and corporations
3. Corporations being people
4. Superpacs
5. Private campaign funding
6. Lobbying reform, etc.

WAKE THE F up people, you are being played by both party , MSM, and the corporations.

Stop accepting these kardashian debates and HOLD YOUR OWN PARTY ACCOUNTABLE! You cant influence the OTHER parties issues,topics,and priorities.

edit on 49930America/ChicagoTue, 27 Sep 2016 09:49:51 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I think Holt did a pretty good job moderating last night.
He only pulled a 'Candy Crowley' once during the birther segment...but he should be spared from the 'Matt Lauer' treatment from the liberal press elite.

I agree except on the Birther issue. For one thing it was during the racial issues segment and perfectly appropriate because that IS the basis of that whole thing. It's also relevant because this was Trumps quasi foray into politics over the past several years. Even after his press conference a couple of weeks ago stating he was done with the whole thing, he again gave credence to the conspiracy theory by stating to a 'home' crowd that he only did it so it wouldn't be a focus... woops. He did that to himself AND he could have just dismissed it last night but he didn't. Look at the transcript at how long and adamantly he goes on about it trying to paint it as a win for himself because HE got the President to do something no one else could...

Death by paper cuts.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join