It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony's Artificial Intelligence created two songs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I dont know if this is posted before. If it is; sorry.

Here are the two songs created by the AI Sony put together. I think they are still highly edited by producers (removed unwanted channels). The only thing is the first song is very The Beatles.

My theory is the AI checked how popular a song is and took parts from it while changing and giving it a new edge.

Btw they kind of don't have a chorus and very progressive.

Daddy's Car

Mr.Shadow

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Can't say I'm going to rush out and buy a CD. But it is better than (or at least on par with) some of the crap being peddled as music these days. Yes, that was directed at you Justin Bieber.

It is actually heavily edited as you suggest: In this case, a musician named Benoît Carré wrote the lyrics and arranged the music. Source

It's one thing thing to follow "recipes" for good music, like the 4 chords progression, and to write an actual good song with soul. I think, for now Mercury, Lennon, Orbison, Cat Stevens, etc. are not going to be dethroned. Interesting software though. We'll watch this space.
edit on 27/9/2016 by Gemwolf because: Added source

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This reminded me of the music Jarbas Agnelli created by the patterns birds sat on a wire, or "natural pattern" music.

IMO the natural music wins this one.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The only thing that surprises me is that a human had anything to do with that tripe.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Meanwhile here is a song that was composed by humans, Were doomed....

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: belkide

Daddy's Car creeps me out, so I'm not even going to check out the other one (at least not at the moment).

IDK why but I didn't get a good feeling listening to that.

Very, very interesting though. Thank you for sharing with us OP

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
First one sounds like a cross between Julian Lennon and Elliott Smith... which makes sense as both are heavily influenced (obviously) by the Beatles.

Second one sounds like a happier Radiohead collaborating with Pharrell lol.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I've had recording studio software over 15 years that will create songs...either based on suggested chords, tempos or key. That's been around awhile.

One such software from 2000 or so is Magix....it can create entire arrangements too...just give it a single starting point.

PS...its pretty cool to just let it create....there's another feature in some programs that will start with 1 chord progression...then change it after once thru...over and over....it can take the starting 4 bars and change them a dozen or more times on its own
edit on 27-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Daddy's Car creeps me out, so I'm not even going to check out the other one (at least not at the moment).

IDK why but I didn't get a good feeling listening to that.

Ugh, I agree. I had to turn them both off. (The second even worse than the first, IMO). They had a bad effect on my psyche.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Thanks for that natural music, cured the malaise of the AI tunes

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I'd rather hear the raw product. Humans interfere too much.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Gemwolf,

That bird video sounds like koto music from Japan!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I couldn't resist and had to check the other one.

The last 40 seconds of the Mr. Shadow song are quite disturbing.

Will these be the songs the robots play over loudspeakers as they are gunning down us pesky humans in like 20 years?

Prolly

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The information on the YouTube page states:

"French composer Benoît Carré arranged and produced the songs, and wrote the lyrics. "

I'd like to know what the composition from the AI sounded like before Benoît Carré arranged them, produced them, and wrote the lyrics.

top topics

join