It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drink before you sleep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I sat with a Chinese Professor, she told me a story about drinking a warm cup of water before bed. So we brainstormed a little and came up with this.
As a kid i was always told drink;" A cup of warm milk before you go to bed, it will do you good "
Sometimes i did, my grandmother did it her whole live and lived to be a hundred.. Well most of my family does live to be a hundred dont know if its the milk or genetics.

Problem is, most people without a mutation cant digest milk in fact quote;

During the most recent ice age, milk was essentially a toxin to adults because — unlike children — they could not produce the lactase enzyme required to break down lactose, the main sugar in milk. But as farming started to replace hunting and gathering in the Middle East around 11,000 years ago, cattle herders learned how to reduce lactose in dairy products to tolerable levels by fermenting milk to make cheese or yogurt. Several thousand years later, a genetic mutation spread through Europe that gave people the ability to produce lactase — and drink milk — throughout their lives. That adaptation opened up a rich new source of nutrition that could have sustained communities when harvests failed.

Most, Scandinavians can drink milk. Its a mutation from the Mighty All father of The Nordic race that gave them a evolutionary trait.
And that advantage gave them a source of almost clean fluid, full of minerals and vitamins almost 11.000 years ago.
Cattle farming was found as we know of today, as early as 3950BC due to fossils found in the south of Sweden.

Our conclusion was;" A cleans source of fluid is good to drink before you go to bed cause you sweat almost one liter per night "
There is always an answer to why our ancestors did what they did.

The milk revolution - Nature
Scandinavian farmers - Science Nordic
Cattle Management - Research Paper
edit on 2016927 by tikbalang because: image

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
As soon as I drink a cup of (cold) water before going to bed, I have trouble to fall asleep. Maybe the cold fluid in my stomach is disturbing some intestinal nerves, I don't know.

Therefore, I can't drink before going to bed.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tikbalang
I sat with a Chinese Professor, she told me a story about drinking a warm cup of water before bed. So we brainstormed a little and came up with this.

I'm not clear why this would even be relevant, because it is not milk. Even if it made you think of there being a benefit of drinking warm milk before sleep, why did you need to brainstorm with this professor about the situation when her story is about water? I see only minimal connection here... Also, viewing the WHO 2015 stats of life expectancy, I see Japan in the top spot for life expectancy, but there is no milk mutation (according to your map) located around there. So...I'm having trouble connecting milk to this sage advice.

originally posted by: [post=21299751]

Why doesn't this show the Americas? I'm a little suspicious when it leaves off a significant portion of inhabitable landmass of the world...

Most, Scandinavians can drink milk. Its a mutation from the Mighty All father of The Nordic race that gave them a evolutionary trait.

What? There 2-3 (depending on whether the Persian Gulf separates two groups or not) additional groups of mutations according to the map. According to all the DNA migration studies I have ever seen, the people moved into the Scandinavian region last compared to other parts of Africa, Asia, and Europe. Which suggests (although is not definitive) that the other groups with the mutation have basically nothing to do with Scandinavians. Therefore, what is the relevance with the "Mighty father of The Nordic race"?

originally posted by: [post=21299751]Our conclusion was;" A cleans source of fluid is good to drink before you go to bed cause you sweat almost one liter per night "

Which source was this from? I didn't see this in any of the links. Furthermore, the quote that you give doesn't say anything special about milk, lactose, lactase, or anything else specific to milk. Jumping back to your original anecdote about a Chinese professor, it sort of calls into question any special claims about milk rather than just warm, clean liquid being healthy.

I couldn't really tell whether this was a serious claim/proposal. But if it is, I think you would benefit from re-considering your wording in many places, as well as accounting for complicating factors (such as in the map) and at least explaining why we're seeing things elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SomethingLingual

The whole story is about clean source of fluid.. And replenish the water you will loose while you sleep, 200ml p/h..

One person had one mutation, meaning that everyone who has that genetic marker is from ONE person..

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

It's not really that I'm taking issue with the content of the argument. It's more that I'm very confused by what the claim is and how all the details are connected. First, you mention water, then milk, then a lot more stuff about milk, then water, then the links all seem to be related to milk (or cattle and the milk they produce).

Furthermore, if you are talking about clean sources of liquid, it's not really clear why drinking clean, warm water before sleeping would have anything to do with a genetic mutation and/or milk. I think you need to connect these ideas in a more coherent way.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

the benefits of drinking warm water with lemon are many fold.

www.gaia.com...

Wake Up Right: Drink Lemon Water

The bits you wrote about milk whilst admirable don't pertain to the facts about milk as its manufactured and sold today.
There is a reason female humans stop lactating. These are the same reasons animals dont feed their milk after weaning.

plenty of resource here
www.notmilk.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SomethingLingual

My point is still clean fluid, milk is one source, there is a myth in there.. But if you want the semantics in the words I can't help u

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Drinking water before bed could be detrimental to your health, especially if you already have a sleep problem.

In many people just drinking a little amount of fluids before bed can cause you the need to pee, waking you up from your sleep cycle and ruining your blissful sleep pattern, it becomes even more worse if you have a sleep disorder as you may not be able to go back to sleep leaving awake, tired, frustrated, anxious and that is just after you wake up, imagine what it will be like through the day.

So the benefit in many may not be reached.

new topics

top topics

join