It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post-debate poll: Hillary Clinton takes round one

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I don't expect him to be a smooth talking politician, but I expect to at least not feel embarrassed for him.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat
I would have thought quite a few people would believe that democracy is an illusion, the people we vote in follow an agenda regardless of what they are supposed to representt....don't they?

I'm not stupid or ignorant enough to believe that crap.

www.newscientist.com...

Are these people ignorant or stupid? Why would they bother studying the concept if it was such a waste of time?

This is what you claimed:

democracy is an illusion, the people we vote in follow an agenda regardless of what they are supposed to representt

You haven't presented anything to support that claim.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Meh I would call it a draw with a slight edge to trump..

Why you might wonder... she is a 20+ year politician... he is a novice.

The bar for her was very high and she at best met the bar...

the bar for him was quite low and he didnt do anything to stupid, so over all I would say he met the bar.

Considering this is his first time in this debate format with this much pressure I would lean to him holding up better.

I didnt see any home run balls from Hillary and there were opportunities a plenty.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I understand how you feel, what is more embarrassing his debating skills or Hillary's track record of murder and mayhem?

I don't know what is going to happen to future generations of Americans if something doesn't change and change quickly.

I am old and probably wont live to see it, it is very disheartening.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I watched the debate and would say Clinton won, she could of sat there silent and still won. Trump had trouble answering any questions and kept going off on wild tagents, and really dug himself in a hole.

Since I dont like either candidate, i would consider my opinion fairly unbiased.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

We're talking who won the debate here though. Not which is a worse choice or the bigger monster. I agree with you things need to change. A poor performance doesn't help bring that about.

If Trump is to win he needs to hold it together.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Agreed.Well said.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
How Trump won over a bar full of undecideds and Democrats

nypost.com...

Maybe she is a real nasty piece of work, with a record to prove it.

It's funny how desperate you are to find a positive from this, Trump got destroyed on stage. The majority of his supporters on here have either disappeared or admitted that he didn't perform well.

Its just the last few die-hards who are hanging on, I'm guessing you've invested too much into supporting someone like Trump.

I know if I spent the last few months/years having to pretend that I actually agreed with Trump i'd be exhausted too, its almost over though.

The next two debates will only get worse for you, Clinton can't lose from here. Trump has been exposed to 100m on live TV as the idiot he is. I actually feel sorry for his supporters.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Pretty sure you said it was over after her post convention bounce to...

yet going into the debate it was a dead heat, its not over till the last vote is counted.

Oh and no I am not voting for either..

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
This poll shows Trump with nearly 80%.

Actually, what it shows is that 20% of the Drudge's target audience (mostly male, white, and very conservative) found Trump's performance unconvincing in comparison to Hillary's.

Drudge polls are answered by people who read the site regularly and not an average crossection of America. So the fact that hardcore conservative Republicans found him ineffective and weak is quite interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I understand how you feel, what is more embarrassing his debating skills or Hillary's track record of murder and mayhem?

She doesn't have a track record of murder and mayhem.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Just posting some facts.

I wonder who the people are that said he won, would be interesting to hear their take on the subject.

Trump always embarrasses me, lol, it is not how he says it but what he says, that interests me.

But it could be a bunch of BS, I think we are doomed.

BTW I never said whether he won or not.

edit on 27-9-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2016 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

26% of the respondents who participated in tonight's survey
identified themselves as Republicans,
41% identified themselves as Democrats, and
33% identified themselves as Independents.

Poll results PDF

Trump missed many opportunities last night, and spent too much time trying to defend himself from attacks by both HRC and the moderator..

HRC was HRC nothing new there..

I called it a draw last night and still feel the same, but DJT needs to improve in the next debate, HRC just needs to keep being HRC...

YMMV

edit on Tue, 27 Sep 2016 11:35:46 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: link

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

At the time, there have been over 850,000 votes cast. Compare that to the 521 voters in the CNN poll. I think Matt Drudge is more reputable than CNN.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Yes N is greater in the cited poll. But In an online poll that can easily be autobotted, how many of the 850,000 respondents were actual respondents and not click-bots?

www.quantcast.com... shows that the site gets 20M unique visitors in a 30 day period - this means that on a daily basis the site gets around 600-700k unique views per day. If you average that across a standard 8 hour work day, that gives you an order of magnitude of 87k readers per hour (we use 8 hours rather than 24 as most of the traffic comes during US working hours). Over a 90 minute span (the time of the debates), one would expect around 240k unique visitors.

The fact that the poll has 4x as many responses as readers during that time window indicates that something is off with those numbers. Even if we adjust the estimate upwards due to the spike by caused by a unique event, it still doesn't explain the numbers in the polling results.

As was mentioned, even with the inflated numbers 20% still found Clinton to win on a very highly partisan and biased site shows something interesting worth mentioning.

Take this analysis of most other online polls during this window and the trend continues that those polls which are spiking towards Trump are showing unusual traffic patterns that indicates that many voters are casting multiple ballots and therefore making the results irrelevant.

I'm going to be interested in seeing some of the more mature polls come out over the next few days before drawing any conclusions here (if you do a semantical analysis of the analysis being reported across the internet - meta-analysis - you do, however, see that Clinton has a much more favorable rating than Trump did for the debates).

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have to take any of these online polls about Trump with a grain of salt. My aunts log-in, log-out and vote over and over again on these types of polls all day long their devotion is so strong for what they think Trump stands for. I'm sure they aren't the only ones.
edit on 27-9-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Rocky movies would suck if he dominated every round and won every fight.

People love it when the underdog makes a big comeback in the final round.

Same with pro-wrestling where Trump has a lot of experience.

Trump held back.

edit on 27-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
CNN announced the results of their CNN-Orka debate poll with so many flashing banners that I thought a ballistic missile was incoming.

The guy who revealed this MAJOR BIG TIME poll did mumble something about most respondents being Democrats, but only that one time. The next hour was spent discussing how devastating this poll was to Donald Trump's candidacy.

Those media pundits and anchors are so out of touch with REAL America! The online polls taken by Time, CNBC, and others, are far more representative of the people who make this country work. WE THE PEOPLE give Trump the win last night, and we'll give it to him, with resounding finality, on November 8th.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

If Trump is to win he needs to hold it together.

If he continues to do only meh, in the debates, he hasn't got much of a shot. Clinton already has the majority of electoral votes she needs, Trump would have to get a lot of the swing states (and the RIGHT ones) to pull it off. That will be next to impossible if he doesn't really up his game....

Unless of course she just keels over or has some other public health failing. That's really about the only scenario leading to a Trump White House if he doesn't really bring it.

WE THE PEOPLE give Trump the win last night, and we'll give it to him, with resounding finality, on November 8th.

I prefer him over Hillary, but I'm also not going to deny reality. While she didn't trounce him, she did outperform him last night.
edit on 27-9-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The next two debates will only get worse for you, Clinton can't lose from here.

Agreed, but only if her health holds up. That's still a pretty big if. Then again, this would be the same conclusion even if he trounced her in the debates. From the start, it's been her election to lose, if anyone knows anything about how electoral votes work.

Trump has been exposed to 100m on live TV as the idiot he is. I actually feel sorry for his supporters.

I wouldn't say that. He simply didn't perform as well as she did. Which is saying a lot, as this was hardly her best showing. I'm not so much pro-Trump as I am anti-Hillary. I simply can't see voting for someone who basically sells us out to foreign powers and gets rewarded for rigging a primary. In addition she's completely establishment-owned, so how can she possibly represent us?

Don't feel sorry for us...feel sorry for ALL of us, as no matter how the debates go, if she's elected, we're even more screwed.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join