It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All cops are crooked...seriously

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It doesnt matter where you are, who you are with, there will always be a police officer with his eye on you. Ive not to be the one who hates everybody but I do know that cops have problems. Ive noticed that when somebody gets in trouble by a cop, the cop ALWAYS has something smart to say, even when you did not do anything wrong. I hate to say this but all cops have this mentality. Cops do all sorts of things because they can.. Some things I do not think is right: I do not think it is right to charge somebody with a speeding ticket, traffic violation, this is not limited to running from the law though. Folks, if you going 7 MPH over the speed limit, do you really think its right to have a 72 dollar ticket ? Another thing, tazers...they are way overused and trust me I know. Its cops favorite thing to do. I was at a concert one time and three cops had this guy,,,handcuffed and struggling..they had him under control, but they still shot him up with the tazer. Cops are like people with higher authority.
You give them an inch and they take 10 miles. They stretch there limits. And when they make fun of people and say smart remarks just because 'they can'. Is that right ? I dont belive so. I believe that ALL forcoming police officers should be required to take a special kind of maturity test. My uncle was shot with a tazer for no reason. Once cop pulled him over for doing something, then another cop pulled up, and one cop said to my uncle to step out of the car, well when the other cop pulled up..one cop said to the other cop, "watch this boy piss his pants" and shot him with the tazer for NO reason what so ever. And the funny thing is, they know they can get away with it. They turn on their lights just to get through red lights. I mean geez people, there job is to "Protect and Serve" not "Harass and Assult". But it will always be that way for cops because of the mentality they have. And sorry for anybody on ATS who is a police officer, but some just have these problems.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You opinion is vague and factually incorrect....youve obviously got a speeding ticket or two in your life...and now are holding a grudge...I dont know how you can generalize and such a vass basis...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ive never had a speeding ticket. The only reason why I hold a grudge is because most people dont see the reality in police officers. They all have this mentality that they are the best thing since the world was created. I understand we should respect them, but they should also respect us. Ide have to say that 5% of 100% of cops are 'good' cops. And 95% are bad. Seriously, look into the reality of law enforcement these days. Its sad the way police officers treat people. They can get you for looking suspicious while walking on the side of the road with your dog just having a good time. Just because they can. And they love it when you get angry at them, they use their smart ellec mouth to do it, just so they can put people in cuffs. My uncle was a police officer until he got shot in the . and died. I dont hold a grudge on all of them. only 95% of them.. Just look into the reality of them, you will see.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by creamsoda
It doesnt matter where you are, who you are with, there will always be a police officer with his eye on you. Ive not to be the one who hates everybody but I do know that cops have problems. Ive noticed that when somebody gets in trouble by a cop, the cop ALWAYS has something smart to say, even when you did not do anything wrong.

Cops are generally smarter then the people that they have to deal with on a day in and day out basis.

I hate to say this but all cops have this mentality. Cops do all sorts of things because they can.. Some things I do not think is right: I do not think it is right to charge somebody with a speeding ticket, traffic violation,

So you just want to be able to drive as fast as you like, anywhere you like, is that it?

this is not limited to running from the law though. Folks, if you going 7 MPH over the speed limit, do you really think its right to have a 72 dollar ticket ?

I bet it has made you watch your speed since then, hasn't it? $72 is cheep for a valuable life lesson.

Another thing, tazers...they are way overused and trust me I know. Its cops favorite thing to do. I was at a concert one time and three cops had this guy,,,handcuffed and struggling..they had him under control, but they still shot him up with the tazer. Cops are like people with higher authority.

So if he was struggling, what were they supposed to do? let him hurt himself, or someone else?

You give them an inch and they take 10 miles. They stretch there limits. And when they make fun of people and say smart remarks just because 'they can'. Is that right ? I dont belive so.

The remarks only sound "smart" to an idiot.

I believe that ALL forcoming police officers should be required to take a special kind of maturity test.

Only after you pass the test first.

My uncle was shot with a tazer for no reason. Once cop pulled him over for doing something, then another cop pulled up, and one cop said to my uncle to step out of the car, well when the other cop pulled up..one cop said to the other cop, "watch this boy piss his pants" and shot him with the tazer for NO reason what so ever.

Hey, I saw that episode of Cops. Boy, was your uncle drunk.

And the funny thing is, they know they can get away with it. They turn on their lights just to get through red lights.

I suppose you have a police scanner in your car and you know for a fact that they were not responding to a call.

I mean geez people, there job is to "Protect and Serve" not "Harass and Assult". But it will always be that way for cops because of the mentality they have. And sorry for anybody on ATS who is a police officer, but some just have these problems.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Like i just said...over generalized vastly...98% of cops arent on some power trip....but when cops deal with a-hole half of the day....and a quarter of these a-holes are violent...it tends to make you a bit less cuddly....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
People dont realize it becaues theyve been brainwashed that cops are the nicest people on earth and that they will protect you. Let a cop be protecting you from a bomb exploding, accidently punch him, and see what happens. He'll arrest your butt so quick, you wont know what to think.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Ive noticed that when somebody gets in trouble by a cop, the cop ALWAYS has something smart to say, even when you did not do anything wrong.

When I was pulled up, all the cop said was 'Your lights fecked - unless you want someone to hit you up the arse you really need to get it fixed'.

fair enough.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why would anyone want to be a cop?

For power.

Whether it be the power to do good, or to do bad.

But in the end......

Power corrupts absolutely.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

People dont realize it becaues theyve been brainwashed that cops are the nicest people on earth and that they will protect you. Let a cop be protecting you from a bomb exploding, accidently punch him, and see what happens. He'll arrest your butt so quick, you wont know what to think.

What in the hell are you doing to "accidently" punch a cop? If you punch ANYONE you can be arrested....but what were or could you be doing in which a cop would get punched????

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Speaking from lots of experience with "the law" They may not be crooked, but not a single one I have met was faithful to their significant other.

I had one particular police office follow me into the back room of my place of employment and chase me around. Almost every single cop that came into my store hit on me. More than once. I was physically assaulted by several and no amount of complaints to the local police department did any good.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just on a side note and not taking offence to anyone's comments...

My father was a Mass State Trooper for about 18 years...he has long since retired, but I do have an inside and while SOME cops may be crooked. Some are not.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Speaking from lots of experience with "the law" They may not be crooked, but not a single one I have met was faithful to their significant other.

I have seen ALOT of unfaitherful cops...both guys and girls...I cant say all...but maybe (rough estimate)...about 70% cheat or get divorced...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And my parents are still happily married after god knows how many years with no problems.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I hate to say this but all cops have this mentality.

Not ALL of them but many of them do yes. It's that attitude which earns them the name "Pig". However, that "Mentality" isn't isolated to just cops, but can also be found most commonly in professions like Military, Security, etc. or even just your typical arrogant "D*ck-Head Boss". Also, it is usually confined to the "Lower Ranking" people anyway, although not always of course. These are the guys with the chip on their shoulder & something to prove, basically just "Bullies with Badges".

Cops do all sorts of things because they can...Cops are like people with higher authority. You give them an inch and they take 10 miles. They stretch there limits. And when they make fun of people and say smart remarks just because 'they can'. Is that right ? I dont belive so.

Yeah, but that goes for just about everyone else too, regardless of profession, age, wealth, etc. only depending upon your resources what you "can do and get away with it" varies.

Why does a crack. smash your window and steal your crappy stereo or stab you for you jacket? Why does the IRS & "System" in general screw everyone out of their money as do the politicians and bankers as well? Why does the P.O.S Egotist in the BMW drive too slow without changing lanes or allowing you to pass? Or your "Drama Queen Ex-Old Lady" try and screw all your friends cause she's pissed at you?

Because they can. But then again, so can you. You may not choose to live or act like they do or even agree with it and you don't have to live or act the same, but that's all cause you control you, not them.

I mean geez people, there job is to "Protect and Serve" not "Harass and Assult".

Yes, but as we've both pointed out, look at the crowd of degenerate, selfish, A-holes that their having to "Protect & Serve" right along with everyone else. I mean I don't like The Fuzz anymore than you, but I can understand why many of them get absolutely fed up with society in general and become a prick in the process. I couldn't tell you how many times in a single week I'd like to Tazer someone!! Like Chris Rock said, "I'm not saying I condone
such actions, but I understand.

But it will always be that way for cops because of the mentality they have. And sorry for anybody on ATS who is a police officer, but some just have these problems.

Yes some do, just like most Boucers think they are "Real Tough Guys", which is almost worse cause they're "Wannabe Cop Bullies" who failed. But there are also some very cool ones out there who literally put their lives on the line every day so all the Grandma's and Kiddies and Clueless Sheeple can live their goofy lives without being raped, robbed, or killed.

To sum up what I'm saying: While there is some truth to the Stereotypes, which is why the Stereotypes exist after all. You shouldn't catagorize "PEOPLE" if you can help it. A "Cop" is what they do, not who they are and they probably get confused just as easily as you or anyone else of the difference.

"Sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you." - The Stranger (Big Lebowski)

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

How the hell do you accidentally punch somebody?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Im getting really tired of these threads they disgust me so much.. but once again i must give you a lecture about your topic that i hate the most on ats.. Ok 1) You dont think speeding tickets should be issued out? ok.. lets start here so your saying you would like to do 100 on the road and be killed at any momment because you and other people are going 100-200 on the highway? No speeding tickets are issued because it doesnt sink in to people that if you speed your life is at risk i rather take a ticket then my life anytime.

Some police agencies use tazers as self defense ok with your situation they used it with force i can see this but some cops dont use it with force and they use it for their own safety ive seen many people confront cops about to punch them in the face and the tazer must be used to calm the situation down.. you should never hit a cop. Another thing what happened to your grandfather was messed up and i will comment you on that.. now when most cops turn on their lights there is a camera recording their every move you should check into this on your grandfathers case.. ive never seen in my life time cops make fun of anyone ive seen TONS of people make fun of cops ex: pigs thats not right they are their to protect you and not to be called farm animals.

I see what your trying to say but you need to see the aspects of a police officers job, i was driving once on the road and a state trooper pulled a man over and the man jumped out of the car and started to run at the cop so i pulled over and was gonna assist the officer just incase he struck the cop but then another trooper came up and they told the guy to get back into the car which i then drove away but the thing is many people think cops are bad and all that but who are you first to call when you get shot or someone steals your car or if someone broke into your house? they dont hesitate to come and help us. Thats all i have to say.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
didn't even bother reading ShadowMan's crap.

Hi, we use sentences and paragraphs and stuff.

what a jumble.

As to the correctional facility guy...I would never put those guys next to cops....whole different planet.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance
didn't even bother reading ShadowMan's crap.

Thanks for my crap, ill space it out just for you.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by ShadowMan]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hey thanks

I really do appreciate it.

-DT

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BasementAddix

I have seen ALOT of unfaitherful cops...both guys and girls...I cant say all...but maybe (rough estimate)...about 70% cheat or get divorced...

Whats the percent among people on a whole though? I know in the US about 50% of people get a divorce and if you throw in people that cheat I bet that goes right up to 70%

So really thats just proving cops are people just like you and me.

I do know of some studies that claim cops have a higher percent of Alcholics but thats true of many high risk jobs.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join