It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tumeric is now official it repairs a key gene.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: MuonToGluon

As all practicing hypocondriacs know, a Gene has little bits called Telemers, that run along them if they are in good condition,it tells the cell to replicate itself from the original information on its original blueprint, with age and stress the Telemers break down, then the replacement cells become corupted, the Tumeric does something to the Gene to make the Telemers on the ends that get fried, replace themselves to their original state. Thats all i know i'm not a bio chemist.

Oh, I know all of that quite well

I want/need to know why it actually does that, why and how it alters the gene and protein, and if there is any dangers in the alterations of those functions, and if we know, can be possibly create and synthesize a treatment better able to target cancer cells without the shotgun approach.

Example would be the company that has created a drug that can alter and extend the telomorase strands and protein, but what if extended that also raises the risks of altering cancer cells and making them rapidly grow out of control faster then what they originally do, that is one example.

Without data, no conclusions can be drawn from it.
edit on 27-9-2016 by MuonToGluon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

Well the trial was originaly started because the incidence of Cancer where Tumeric is consumed on a daily basis is a lot lower than where it is not. Therefore it cant be altering the Gene in a bad way.True a lot of anacdotal evidence dosn't make a fact. But it makes a lot of common sense with what is known to try it, for certain problems.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

ALso not a journal.... my point is, while there is evidence for this effect, its actually far from certain yet. Thankfully this is a less harmful idea than many.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

It also begs the question of what level of proof do you or anyone require?. Pharmacuticals on the market replace one discomfort for another, their level of proof is very questionable.Here we have a scientific trial,which has shown the substance to repair a Gene if its heated in food.The trial groups were handled in a scientific way,the test that proves the level of Gene repair, is a major advancement that detects precancerous changes in a cell.The spin off was that the Gene in question is one that causes Depresion and allergies...its good enough.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

You are not going to like my answer.

I'm a scientist. A Chemist and Biochemist. Oh and I work in the Pharmaceutical industry.

See told you you would not like the answer.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I swear by tumeric and pepper to reduce inflammation. Been using it with success for three+ years now.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm interested in this, but have gotten confused.

Will someone explain?

Is the turmeric in pill form? Or do you buy it in the spice section? If you have the capsules do you open them and put them in a skillet? Or swallow the pill with something fatty? (like chocolate milk?)

I don't want to make the liquid and put in the refrigerator. Can I take a pill and chase it with something fatty, liquid or food? Does that work?

What's the easier way that is still effective?

edit: okay, I just ordered this. The reviews are excellent. Thanks for posting.

edit on 9/27/2016 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

You just get the Tumeric from the spice isle in the Supermarket. Heat some Olive oil up in the Wok, then stir in a teaspoon full of Tumeric using the skillet.Then strir fry what you want, i usualy have a couple of mushrooms,an egg, and then fry a peice of wholemeal bread, it all soaks up.I also add about a third of a teaspoon of Cayenne,the oil takes the heat out of it.Olive oil is just a personal choice because when its heated up, it the only one that dosn't make cancer causing Parabens, which all other oils and fats tend to do.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Their you go, you have to make a buck.But even you must realise that,painkillers,only work for a few weeks, then the effect wears off, then they are left with a psychological dependence which destroys their liver ,and on them for years long after their effect has worn off.If they wake up to it, they, then have the same problems as coming off of Opioids.Its a disgrace.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I asked you to post the citation that the Womens day and BBC were reporting on. I get a rant about Pharmaceuticals.

As for pain killers? I suffer from periodic chronic pain, I've got gout. Every person reacts differently to pain killers. I can't take NSAIDs, opiates don't do much for me, never did. etc That is just me, my wife when she had gall bladder issues had no issue with the pain killers. That is all anecdotal. Just like your posts about pain killers.

The pharmaceutical industry is more than pain killers. But I am sure you will be against that too, sadly I can see that you are biased (just as I am biased by data, and research I've done personally)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Close but incorrect. Telomeres are on chromosomes, not on genes.

en.wikipedia.org...

Also if you can find an original study on Tumeric in Pubmed and follow the dosages they used to get results.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

I am just a Hypochonriac not a Bio Chemist, but I came across this which seems positive. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: angeldoll

You just get the Tumeric from the spice isle in the Supermarket. Heat some Olive oil up in the Wok, then stir in a teaspoon full of Tumeric using the skillet.Then strir fry what you want, i usualy have a couple of mushrooms,an egg, and then fry a peice of wholemeal bread, it all soaks up.I also add about a third of a teaspoon of Cayenne,the oil takes the heat out of it.Olive oil is just a personal choice because when its heated up, it the only one that dosn't make cancer causing Parabens, which all other oils and fats tend to do.

Sounds doable, thank you!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Here is the thing about that study, it is curcumin, a constituent chemical in Turmeric (and other roots) not the actual turmeric as a whole. This is an important point.

The level of curcumin in your average turmeric, is significantly lower than the amounts they were using. Thus to achieve appreciable results, you will need to take, significant amounts of Turmeric. As turmeric is a natural product, the level of curcumin will be variable, and you have no way of assaying how potent each root, or spoonfull you take is.

SO instead, have a good curry. Its got other beneficial components most likely

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

No wonder so few people from India get cancer. I knew it was SOMETHING related to diet. Apparently it's the Tumeric that comes in the Curry spice. Thanks for this important info!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I think that is irelevant, in Mosleys trial they just used store bought Tumeric, and measured the blood indicators before and after, which gave the significant results.He did mention that making its bioavailability by cooking was essential,and also using with black pepper increased the bioavailability many times. So the litle amount of Curcumin in the Tumeric, is made up for because of the way it was prepared to make its uptake more significant.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Its not irrelevant. Potency (how much of the stuff that does the thing you care about) is one of the most important parts of how you treat conditions. You can only increase "so much" by "cooking" the curcumin (the c does not need to be capitalized unless it is at the beginning of a sentence, you don't write Ethanol every time you'd write it would you?).

So in all your infinite wisdom .... how did the preparation make the uptake "more significant"? Given there is about a 1000 fold difference in levels (admittedly this was an escalating dosage study to see if too much was a thing).

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm not looking for a contest bye.!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Its a contest? Gee andhere I thought you wished to discuss the impact of this result. Guess you are not up for objectivity

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
According to this short write-up, the piperine in Black Pepper is what increases it's bio-availability.
I make Golden Milk as many recipes suggest, I love it.
It does need to be cooked. Slow boiled for 5 minutes or so if I recall...

Adding black pepper to turmeric or turmeric-spiced food enhances curcumin’s bioavailability by 1,000 times, due to black pepper’s hot property called piperine. Yup by mixing turmeric and black pepper together, you increase your body’s absorption of the turmeric by 2000%!

Healthy Holistic Living - Golden Milk Recipe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join