It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Tumeric is now official it repairs a key gene.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.aww.com.au... i dont usualy report things in womans weekly but this is causing quite a buzz.Its officail that Tumeric repairs a gene which causes Depression Cancer and Allergies. Three groups were involved in the trial...one took the Placebo...no change to the essential Gene...Group two took Tumeric in a capsule...no change to the essential gene...But when group three took the Spice in food it was found that the fat soluble spice was easily taken into the body. In a few weeks the markers for this gene had improved from average to excellent, so take note.Dr Mosely has the report on BBC I player, its probably the most significant peice of work he has done.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Exellent post with regards to pepper increasing the bioavailability, I have been stir flying it into olive oil and adding Cayenne.It opens up the arterioles imiediatly.Apparently it protects the heart.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Could you share what you mean by pepper? I just had 2 stents put in for a heart attack. I think I need this. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have a neurological disorder. Tumeric has been a blessing to alleviate symptoms. truly.

eta: yes, the crushed black pepper serves to facilitate the effects of the Tumeric.
edit on 26-9-2016 by mythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I'm a large proponent of Turmeric and verbally tell everyone that the conversation leans towards healthy supplements but can You keep this to YourSelf before the FDA™ has the DEA™ put Turmeric in the same Schedule as those other "killers" Cannabis and to a lesser extent Kratom...

I'll type You what, why don't I meet You at a Cigar Bar and buy You a few alcoholic drinks while We fire up tobacco an inch from our faces??

Stay Hydrated...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
so pill form does nothing?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

OMG, that is amazing. I can also verify it really helps with allergies.

I have been taking it for its anti inflammatory properties to get myself off painkillers to sleep at night with my back.

I had noticed that I am no longer allergic to our cat. Before the poor thing was causing me to have coughing fits and asthma attacks even if she was in the same room as me. Now kitty can enjoy a nap on my lap and I am absolutely fine.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Take it with food.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

so if you take the pill with food it works?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So much for the foodie brown mustard sknobs who thumbed their noses at american mustard with added turmeric to make it bright yellow.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Their always was an opinion with midwives and some doctors a few years back, that if Cayenne was taken immiediatly after a heart attack, a tablespoon in water, it immiediatly dilated the arteries, and arterioles to get the blood flowing quickly.It was considered good for stopping post partum bleeding.So far its anacdotal, but I've seen a few reports of people coming off of oxygen and getting around ok without it.Plus a lot more anacdotal stuff, with regards to prostate probems,apparently Norfolk University found it killed off prostate cancer cells, by stuffing up their DNA thats the only science thats been done on the stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Apparently not,its bioavailabilty is enhanced with fat, or oils when its cooked it disolves.It might need a bit of temperature to break it down.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Cider vinegar takes the fat from the walls of the circulatory system, along with supplying acetate, which an essential gut bacteria needs, this particular gut bacteria has acetate receptors which makes it multiply, and drops blood sugar.Apparently gut bacteria , gets killed off with the modern diet, its so important they have found that Ceasarian Births, are prone to have dangerous allergies because their immune system hasn't been seeded on the way out of the birth canal.They are now wiping baby with the flora from where it should have come out to stop this happening.

edit on 26-9-2016 by anonentity because: grammar

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Yay! I make a version close to ColeYounger's, just haven't added the pepper yet. I will do that on my next batch.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have read the entire article, and I could not find and information on how this induces specific changes in a gene, or to what it is actually changing in the gene, or how it changes a gene at all.

What is it doing to this gene specifically?

This reminds me similar to if you exposes cayenne pepper to cancer cells it kills them, alcohol also does the same in killing the cancer cells, so therefore if I drink enough alcohol I will be cured from cancer.

Until someone can be kind enough to post a data sheet on changes it is actually causing to the genetic/dna structure, I cannot go further into evaluating any mechanism of how it works or how to set a treatment option up for someone, or to see how to safely administer it.
edit on 26-9-2016 by MuonToGluon because: SP

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Ummmm can you perhaps put an actual citation not the bloody Womens Weekly?
edit on 27-9-2016 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm not big on supplements, but a friend suggested this when I told them I was having a lot of joint pain, especially in my fingers, having pain even picking up a glass and on particularly rough mornings I would even drop things. I started taking this and my pain is only ever so slightly noticeable now. I left my bottle of tumeric pills at my parents house when I went to visit them out of the country, and when I came back I was regrettably without it for 3 weeks and let me tell you the pain came back slowly but surely. I had to re order a bottle and now I'm feeling in functioning form again.

As for the allergies, I never thought of that. I had terrible allergies when I lived in Las Vegas, every morning was a complete drudgery. I moved to the PNW about 5 months ago and my allergies subsided considerably. I attested it to the move, but I did start taking Tumeric around a month after the move. I can't say with any certainty if it was the move or the Tumeric that helped with the allergies but it'd be interesting to see if I stopped taking the tumeric if my allergies would also return. I don't think I will experiment though, as I really enjoy having nearly pain free movement.

This, and magnesium has been a great benefit to me. No other supplements I've taken in the past has had any great effect on me which is why I discontinued using them. Very glad it was suggested to me, and happy to see more benefits posted here, though I haven't heard of those benefits and don't have the time to research, I just know that it's been a huge relief to my joint pain. My Dr suggested Advil every day, I'm quite happy to take this route instead.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

www.bbc.com... There is a good run down from the horses mouth,it was used with a very novel test that shows the indicators for pre cancerous conditions linked to a specific gene, the spice stiches up the damaged gene which is linked to the problems i have already posted.

edit on 27-9-2016 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

As all practicing hypocondriacs know, a Gene has little bits called Telemers, that run along them if they are in good condition,it tells the cell to replicate itself from the original information on its original blueprint, with age and stress the Telemers break down, then the replacement cells become corupted, the Tumeric does something to the Gene to make the Telemers on the ends that get fried, replace themselves to their original state. Thats all i know i'm not a bio chemist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join