It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robotech will start on Nexflix on October 1st

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Robotch, the classic cartoon will be on Netflix starting on October 1st

I LOVED season 1 - Rick Hunter and Veritech Fighters
Season 2, not so much, maybe I should try again
I really liked season 3 with the motorcycles that became exoskeletons

I am as excited as jessie spano on caffeine pills

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Robotech has some serious problems, mostly stemming from the fact that it is cut together from a few different Anime. Don't get me wrong, Robotech is awesome, but there are mecha anime out there, and a lot of them, that would simply be a better investment.

The Macross series, which robotech borrows footage from, generally has a high quality story lines. Evangelion is the elite of mecha and anime in general. Checkout Gurann Lagann if you like to have fun. Gundams, especially SEED, are also very good(for the most part). Code Geass, though mecha isn't the focus(the main character sucks at piloting).

But, hey, its Netflix's money and Robotech IS a classic so at least their on the right track.

edit on 26-9-2016 by jonsoup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jonsoup

Thanks

I will check that out

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Knights of sidonia is another excellent one on netflix, It and Attack on Titan i highly recommend.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

Do what Cola says, I would also add Nanatsu no Taizai to his/her post.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
Knights of sidonia is another excellent one on netflix, It and Attack on Titan i highly recommend.

Knight's of sidonia was definitely different, But i loved it. Gobbled up season 2 in a day.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I am excited about it. I remember loving robotec as a kiddo. The toys were awesome too. They disapeared at some point and then the transformers put out the skyfire character, which was an even better version of the same model.

Knights of sidonia was awesome. They have a huge catalogue of anime. I have made a huge dent in it so far.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jonsoup

Code Geass was amazing! I wish that would come to netflix. Anyone who liked Knights of Sidonia, may also like Seven Deadly Sins. Nothing to do with mecha's but a great Netlix anime.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Yep, Code Geass is an anime that valued its own story and is definitely a must watch. Nanatsu no Taizai was a really fun watch as well, which is a rarity in today's market. Netflix knows whats up when it comes to quality and neglected properties.

edit on 27-9-2016 by jonsoup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I never saw robotech, I will check it out. Here are the trailers to some of the animes mentioned in the thread thus far.

edit on 9-27-2016 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I've actually recently re-watched the entire series, and believe it or not, it really held up very well. I used to watch it as a kid, now I'm in my 40's, and still enjoyed it again.

The Macross story line is of course the best of the bunch. It also is the basis for all that follows.

The Southern Cross....eh...but still cool.

The Invid one is better than the second, but not as good as the first. Story wise, it's actually worse than Southern Cross, but since it has better mechs, and better characters, as well as a better villain, it's better overall.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I watched all of those back in the day.

HOWEVER

Battletech got the best universe for mechs...

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I have tried watching robotech again. Too dated.

Best mech design goes to the gundam universe's.

And the Landmates from the Appleseed universe's.

Macross Zero, and Macross Frontier.

Best out of that universe.

top topics

join