It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Debate Briefing Book: The Policies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Political site FiveThirtyEight has a useful Playbook of Documented Facts And Figures" for tonight that you may find interesting and may want to review as you watch the debate. From what I can see, the analysis is neutral and does not favor either side.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
Political site FiveThirtyEight has a useful [url=http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/your-debate-briefing-book-the-policies/?ex_cid=538fb#part1]Playbook of Documented Facts And Figures

Sorry...but a little blerp in my head screamed when I read "Facts And Figures" and I couldn't keep reading as the rest of your OP was just fuzzy nonsense to me.

Trump 2016!!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

From what I can see, the analysis is neutral and does not favor either side.

Unlike the debate...

Hillary, what color do you like?

Mr. Trump, did you work with the New York Mafia?

Hillary, thats a pretty outfit, where'd you buy it?

Mr. Trump, why do you call girls names?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

From what I can see, the analysis is neutral and does not favor either side.

Unlike the debate...

Hillary, what color do you like?

Mr. Trump, did you work with the New York Mafia?

Hillary, thats a pretty outfit, where'd you buy it?

Mr. Trump, why do you call girls names?

They get the same questions...

But maybe ##snip## can claim Lester Holt gave mean looks when he asks Trump the same question.

On coin toss...Hillary get to answer the first question first...then Trump gets the first swing at the second question...alternating from there.Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
edit on Mon Sep 26 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Nobody in this age of instant gratification is going to waste their time with that, they want talking heads to tell them what to think and if it doesn't pass their bias filters it won't get heard anyway.

Whoever is more impressive in front of the camera will win, just like a Kardashian flashing some bubble butt.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Thanks for this...

One interesting fact is that the principle in the "War on Coal" is fracking for Natural Gas. Both conservative causes..

A President Trump could boost Coal, but by stomping on Natural gas and eliminating fracking.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Political site FiveThirtyEight has a useful [url=http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/your-debate-briefing-book-the-policies/?ex_cid=538fb#part1]Playbook of Documented Facts And Figures

Sorry...but a little blerp in my head screamed when I read "Facts And Figures" and I couldn't keep reading as the rest of your OP was just fuzzy nonsense to me.

Trump 2016!!

An honest post. Trump supporters don't need, especially don't want, facts.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Whoever is more impressive in front of the camera will win, just like a Kardashian flashing some bubble butt.

However the audience is stacked will carry great weight, too. The loudest cheers, the biggest guffaws, people at home will side with the audience.

I bet Trump is under the hottest lights, the poorest camera angles, gets cut off while Hillary gets to go over.

Theres a ton of things they can do to present one side 'better' than the other.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"Mr. Trump, should the American people be concerned that your foreign policy is completely derived from the opinions of a constellation of pro-Putin Kremlin-connected operatives?"

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I know that, I was having fun. But we'll see about fair play. The media has let her skate for a long time with no press conference, but chews Trump up whenever he says anything.

Hillary: "I have a plan." Media stenographers: (crickets)

Trump: "I'm a successful business man." Media hawks: "You put your name on buildings."

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

"Mr. Trump, should the American people be concerned that your foreign policy is completely derived from the opinions of a constellation of pro-Putin Kremlin-connected operatives?"

"Ms. Clinton, why did you laugh and quote Cesar when Qaddafi was murdered?"

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

However the audience is stacked will carry great weight, too. The loudest cheers, the biggest guffaws, people at home will side with the audience.

The audience is talked to and warned before the debate to please remain silent.

Given that the audience is all there by invitation and academic drawing etc. I imagine most will be working hard not to get booted or embarrass their sponsor on national television...but we will see..

At a minimum it will be far from the raucous events like the GOP primaries...or even the Dem Primaries.

Expect minimum audience cheering or shouting etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I'm sure that Trump will have a podium full of splinters, *something* will be wrong with his microphone, etc etc.

Trump is a one trick pony and those tricks are derived from Roy Cohn's mentorship. Lie, call everyone a liar, lie some more, call people losers, lie some more, sue, threaten to sue, sue some more, lie, lie and then blame a conspiracy by the "establishment" whenever you're caught lying.

I think I excerpted this somewhere else but it's a prime example.

NY Times, Aug 3, 1986 - Roy Cohn, Aide to McCarthy and Fiery Lawyer, Dies at 59

He had many other legal troubles, some of which he seemed to enjoy. He was tried and acquitted three times in Federal court on charges ranging from conspiracy to bribery to fraud. Mr. Cohn maintained that he was subjected to these "ordeals" because of "vendettas" arranged by Robert F. Kennedy or by Robert M. Morgenthau, the former United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York who is now the Manhattan District Attorney.

On June 23, near death with what he said was liver cancer, Mr. Cohn was disbarred from the practice of law in New York State. In a unanimous decision, a five-judge panel of the Appellate Division of State Supreme Court said his conduct in four legal matters was "unethical," "unprofessional" and, in one case, "particularly reprehensible." Allegations Called Smears Mr. Cohn denied that there was any substance to the allegations and contended that his disbarment was the result of a smear campaign engineered by his enemies - "a bunch of yo-yos" - because "the establishment bar hates my guts."

Donald Trump has no depth, he's has a gimmick and it's not even an original gimmick. Most concerning however is that the vacuum where things like foreign policy knowledge/opinions should be, is being filled with Putin's agenda.
edit on 2016-9-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I know that, I was having fun. But we'll see about fair play. The media has let her skate for a long time with no press conference, but chews Trump up whenever he says anything.

Trump hasn't taken questions from the press for a couple months at least.

His last bait and switch really POed reporters, he announced the press conference and said he would be taking questions..pitched his veteran backers...said he isn't a birther anymore..and then said "no questions"..

Free airtime..

He doesn't let reporters fly with him...Clinton has been travelling with a horde of reporters on her plane.

Just saying..Trump's new campaign team hasn't let him have one single Q&A with the press since they took over..Probably a wise move...they also haven't let him talk without a tele-prompter...

Tonight will be all-trump...no tele-prompter

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Thanks Indigo, its been so long since i tuned into anything political in the main stream, I had forgotten the 'rules'.

The isn't a debate its war, and the first rule of war is there are no rules.

Or its all scripted. If trump goes down in flames I'll know it is, because he handled the entire press, fielding open questions like a boss.

Unlike Hillary who doesn't do press conferences.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

He doesn't let reporters fly with him...Clinton has been traveling with a horde of reporters on her plane.

They aren't reporters, they're stenographers. Nice try. I mean an open press conference they way Trump did. He doesn't need to fly with the press, he talks openly all the time. Well, not lately for obvious reasons, they been twisting whatever he says.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Is there a policy against earpieces?

I hear Hillary has a new hairstyle for hiding one.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Trump is a one trick pony and those tricks are derived from Roy Cohn's mentorship. Lie, call everyone a liar, lie some more, call people losers, lie some more, sue, threaten to sue, sue some more, lie, lie and then blame a conspiracy by the "establishment" whenever you're caught lying.

You mean like politicians? At least business men make money lying. Politicians lie to get funded.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The isn't a debate its war, and the first rule of war is there are no rules.

Or its all scripted. If trump goes down in flames I'll know it is, because he handled the entire press, fielding open questions like a boss.

So Trump wins because he's the boss? Otherwise it's rigged and scripted..

You are good people intrptr and I am hoping your mind blooms in sunshine some day to entertain possibilities beyond Your Guy wins or someone cheated. You are better than what Trumps propaganda assumes of you.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Indigo5

Trump 2016!!

An honest post. Trump supporters don't need, especially don't want, facts.

To vote against Hillary? You're damn right we don't cause it's going to be nonsense from both sides. I guess that would require people to be honest with themselves though. I'm ready for November already...Go Trump!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join