It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Tweet for help on UFO: Hot, Invisible & Flying into the wind

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Again we dont know its:
size,
speed,
distance
what the objects actual wind conditions are and whether it was actually travelling into the wind or not.

We dont know the objects temperature to see if its hot or just emitting a little bit more heat than the surrounding air.

So how can people be so certain of what it is.

Why not a mylar balloon? It could be a alien vehicle. Military. Or just something mundane. I agree its probably not hot air balloon but why not something else unexciting.

Nobody who is honest is certain of anything. Balloons can't be eliminated since there was a balloon festival at night just prior to this 'sighting'...

to which some say that was last month. Hundreds of balloon hobbyists in the area for a "night glow" festival but everyone here is so sure they all left and nobody lives nearby or hung around to give rides or lessons.

We don't know the objects temperature to see if its hot or just emitting a little bit more heat than the surrounding air.

Depending on the cameras settings infrared imagers can detect less than a percent of difference. Thats all their displaying is difference in temperature. In this case at extreme range. At those ranges a gondola might not be visible since it isn't as hot as the ballon itself. And the pilots didn't investigate further, loaded a few seconds of a seven minute video, playing only the hot black 'bit' of their 'sighting' over and over.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I agree its probably notba hot air balloon but why not something else unexciting.

It's almost certainly something unexciting, but it's certainly not a hot air balloon.

Like what? Thats about ten times I asked you that. Give any other possibility, so certain are you.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

At those ranges a gondola might not be visible since it isn't as hot as the ballon itself.

a) Hot air balloons have the, er, burners in the gondola to generate the, you know, hot air
b) Do you think that thermal cameras might possibly pick up the heat of one or more living human being in that gondola, since that is the purpose of having a thermal camera on a police helicopter in the first place?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Nobody who is honest is certain of anything.

That's funny because you seem pretty damn certain that it's a hot air balloon.

I'm slowly getting more certain that you've been successfully trolling us all this time.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

b) Do you think that thermal cameras might possibly pick up the heat of one or more living human being in that gondola, since that is the purpose of having a thermal camera on a police helicopter in the first place?

How 'far away' does a flir still see humans? if a hot air balloon the cameras imager was barely able to resolve something that large at extreme range, let alone 'some humans in a gondola'.

Which makes it convenient they didn't get any closer to confirm one way or the other. After all, they got them a once in a lifetime opportunity to close approach a drifting oofo, for at least 'seven minutes'.

Ask them, they'll tell you cause it was above their pay scale and laugh.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I see. So now we've gone from humans not being detectable by IR cameras to them being too far away to be seen by IR cameras. Because, obviously, the designers of thermal cameras thought that the ability to zoom in on distant objects would never be needed by police hunting for human beings several hundred metres below their helicopter. Yes, that makes perfect sense.

As for why they didn't pursue the 'object', whatever it was, is it really necessary to point out that a police helicopter does not take to the air for pleasure excursions, and they quite probably had something else to be getting on with fairly urgently?

You're just busking it, and this is the last time I'm bothering to answer you. No doubt you will have what you think is a pithy rejoinder to this decision. Well, you can but try.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

That's funny because you seem pretty damn certain that it's a hot air balloon.

My position is a hot air balloon can't be ruled out. It has to be ruled out before we can proceed wth the next possibility.

Big difference between that and what you claim I'm saying. So what is it Einstein, come up with anything yet? We're currently twelve pages into this kangaroo court forensic analysis.

Thats eleven times I asked you that...

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: audubon

As for why they didn't pursue the 'object'... and they quite probably had something else to be getting on with fairly urgently?

They didn't say one way or the other. Now you're making stuff up again.

Of course an oofo isn't 'quite urgent'. That they didn't pursue shows they figured it out, not ignored it.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That they didn't pursue shows they figured it out, not ignored it.

They didn't say that either so you are making stuff up as well while asserting it as fact.

edit on 29.9.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

My position is a hot air balloon can't be ruled out.

I could quote all the times you categorically affirmed it's a hot air balloon, but it would be too much work and I don't feel like it.

I already said it's an Unidentified Flying Object. It's unkown at this point. Why does it have to be "something"? You need a little mystery-induced excitement in your life.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueShaman

I could quote all the times you categorically affirmed it's a hot air balloon, but it would be too much work and I don't feel like it.

Dodged again...

Any other possibility? (thats twelve times)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Any other possibility?

Yes -- an Unidentified Floating Object.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Interesting, just across the channel near Hinckley Point, where they are building a Nuclear power station?

Seem to remember that Bayswater is just a short hop from another Nuclear power station, although it's seldom referenced.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
redshoes Hinckly contract has just been signed, so let's see if we get anymore 'occurances'

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: UFOxFruitcakeLOL

For the uninitiated, what does just been signed referred to in this context?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
zazzafrazz Here we go, Hinckley Power Plant Contract just signed..

Hinckley

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
a reply to: SargonThrall

Here is a good movie of those critters, hole in centre and notch in circumference. They pulsate as they move like jelly fish.

You mean the out of focus specular highlights AKA bokeh with notches from the corresponding part of the lens zoom mechanism that intrudes into the optical path? Seriously, critters?

Just another person seeing shapes in the clouds and then failing at the inherently impossible task of giving a logical explanation. That's the problem when you start with something that looks interesting and make a bold claim, you have to work backwards from there and attempt to explain away all the flaws in your reasoning, clumsily pounding away at those puzzle pieces with your fist, desperately trying to form them into a cohesive and credible story when it's easier to just assemble them in the logical way.
edit on 29-9-2016 by fatdeeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trillium

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Trillium

Can you?
I have no idea how the recording wrks in a copter. Any input is appreciated.

Is the camera they are using handheld
Or is it thru a pod under the helicopter
If it was a handheld the refection does not look like the inside the helicopter
It it a pod it pure fake

I have questions about the camera as well. Is it stationary? Why isn't the image below throughout the whole video? Who has a camera facing THAT?

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
From what I have see elsewhere people are saying this is a heat plume from the exhaust of a jet engine. That an IR camera would not pick up the plane and only this heat plume during take off or landing.
edit on 30-9-2016 by defiythelie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: fatdeeman

originally posted by: zinc12
a reply to: SargonThrall

Here is a good movie of those critters, hole in centre and notch in circumference. They pulsate as they move like jelly fish.

You mean the out of focus specular highlights AKA bokeh with notches from the corresponding part of the lens zoom mechanism that intrudes into the optical path? Seriously, critters?

Just another person seeing shapes in the clouds and then failing at the inherently impossible task of giving a logical explanation. That's the problem when you start with something that looks interesting and make a bold claim, you have to work backwards from there and attempt to explain away all the flaws in your reasoning, clumsily pounding away at those puzzle pieces with your fist, desperately trying to form them into a cohesive and credible story when it's easier to just assemble them in the logical way.

That's the first time I've ever heard the objects on the STS video referred to as bokeh. Not saying they're UFO's, but bokeh? Lol.

As a photog, I have a hard time agreeing with that opinion.

And it is only an opinion, after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join