It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

UK Police Tweet for help on UFO: Hot, Invisible & Flying into the wind

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Since its thermally hot, in the air and 'round',' besides there was a balloon festival recently in the area, tell me how you rule a balloon out?

The hot air balloon festival was in Llangollen.

Here is the official website: walesinternationalballoonfestival.co.uk...

Please note that the hot air balloon festival occurred on 17-18 September, and that it is 150 miles from Llangollen to Llanbethery.

So yes, I suppose it's possible that an escaped hot air balloon got lost and was drifting around for five days at 1,000ft with its frantic crew trapped aboard, somehow remaining aloft far longer than such balloons normally do, before being filmed by an IR camera (but not visible to the naked eye) some 150 miles to the south, and that no-one has noticed that a hot air balloon and its crew have gone missing, and that the crew haven't simply attempted to land the balloon and make their way to civilisation in those five days, like any normal person would.

Then again, it's also possible that I can sh#t gold bullion. But while it may be possible, it's not very likely, is it.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This reminds me of the video captures by DHS over Puerto Rico. Didn't they also see it thru a FLIR camera as well? Searching ATS for Thread with video to compare.

Here's link to video UFO Capture by DHS

One of many ATS thread regarding subject UFO Captured by Home Land Security
edit on 28-9-2016 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7
This reminds me of the video captures by DHS over Puerto Rico. Didn't they also see it thru a FLIR camera as well? Searching ATS for Thread with video to compare.

Here's link to video UFO Capture by DHS

One of many ATS thread regarding subject UFO Captured by Home Land Security

I remember the Aguadilla ufo case, it was a fantastic case that seemed to just...stall. I am unsure as to the reasons why, but must admit I have not kept up with the thread.

The member IsaacKoi made a webpage for it:

PRR ufo case

Edit: Here is the link in which members of ATS were invited to help with analysis.

Extracting and animating ufo thread

As you can see, a hell of a lot of work was put into this thread, but it seems that other things took priority, as can be expected with life being what it is.
edit on 28-9-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Then again, it's also possible that I can sh#t gold bullion. But while it may be possible, it's not very likely, is it.

Neither is it 'likely' that the video is other than a hot air balloon, is it?

But do tell, since it 'isn;t' likely you can crap gold bull-s*** what it actually was. Is.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Neither is it 'likely' that the video is other than a hot air balloon, is it?

No, it's not likely, it's 100 per cent fact that the video does not show a hot air balloon.

What it does show is something on which I don't really have an opinion - which is to say, I don't know, and don't have a problem with saying so.

The facts that your 'hot air balloon' theory has to overcome:

1) No hot air balloon reported missing
2) No other sightings of a rogue hot air balloon anywhere nearby at any time previous
3) No media coverage of a balloon-related incident
4) The hot air balloon festival ("in the area" according to you) was 150 miles away and ended three days earlier
5) A hot air balloon is not something that would be invisible to radar, due to being bigger than a three-storey house
6) A hot air balloon would be visible to the naked eye, for the same reason
7) Hot air balloons are not spherical and have a totally different thermal profile

On which last point, see:

These balloons aren't airborne but they are fully inflated and you can see with your own eyes that they are an inverted teardrop shape with the heat concentrated at the bottom.

To recap: I don't know what the police chopper filmed, but it was not a hot air balloon. Period.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

No, it's not likely, it's 100 per cent fact that the video does not show a hot air balloon.

What it does show is something on which I don't really have an opinion - which is to say, I don't know, and don't have a problem with saying so.

Do you regularly disagree with yourself like this? You do realize you can only say its not something when you know what it is.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Aren't you doing the exact same thing?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

You do realize you can only say its not something when you know what it is.

This is... uh... OK... let's take a simple example. A six-year-old sees their first giraffe in a zoo. The next day, teacher says: "What did you see at the zoo?"

The kid has no idea, but describes a giraffe so well that the teacher encourages her by saying: "Do you know what it was? Was it a rhino?" The kid says no, rhinos are far smaller and grey.

"Ok then, do you think it was a crocodile?" The kid screws up her nose in amusement, no it wasn't a crocodile, they are long and flat with a big mouth.

"OK," says the teacher, "then what was it?"

"I don't know," says the kid, "but it wasn't a rhino or a crocodile."

(End of example)

My reasoning is that in the example just given, the kid is right, she doesn't know what she saw, but she knows it wasn't either of those animals the teacher mentioned.

I'll be interested to learn what you think the kid should have said instead.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Aren't you doing the exact same thing?

I wasn't the one claiming it was, "100 percent not a hot air balloon".

it's 100 per cent fact that the video does not show a hot air balloon.

edit on 28-9-2016 by intrptr because: quote

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

This is... uh... OK... let's take a simple example. A six-year-old sees their first giraffe in a zoo. The next day, teacher says: "What did you see at the zoo?"

What else would the kid see, "at a zoo". Not animals, surely.

What else would you see near where they held a night time hot air balloon festival, that looked like a night time flir of a hot air balloon?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

No you were pretty definitive it IS a hot air balloon. Same behavior, different mantra is all.

Look it's not really that big a deal, appreciate it if we let people put their research or theories forward like you have. I think it's a fun and interesting thread. I didn't post it to have people fight and attack others like the politics thread. Enjoy it.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I have nothing to add to what I have already posted on this matter, I think this exclusion of hot air balloons from among the possible explanations is pretty straightforward and uncontroversial.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

No you were pretty definitive it IS a hot air balloon. Same behavior, different mantra is all.

Look it's not really that big a deal, appreciate it if we let people put their research or theories forward like you have. I think it's a fun and interesting thread. I didn't post it to have people fight and attack others like the politics thread. Enjoy it.

I said it can't be ruled out, primarily because they recently had a "night glow" festival in Bristol. Back on page whatever...

"Night Glow" festival

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

I have nothing to add to what I have already posted on this matter, I think this exclusion of hot air balloons from among the possible explanations is pretty straightforward and uncontroversial.

Straightforward and uncontroversial, For you...

Thanks for telling all what all the other possible explanations are. I asked you this numerous times and all you got is "Fact: not a balloon".

link   

I know you did.
I appreciate the mentioning of the festival from the month before
THURSDAY 11TH - SUNDAY 14TH AUGUST 2016

But it doesn't make it definitive, the more idea on what it is, the better

link   

Those are certainly some pretty photographs, but you appear to have missed the fact that the "Night Glow" festival happened in August.

See: www.bristolballoonfiesta.co.uk...
edit on 28-9-2016 by audubon because: corrected a stupid factual error

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Ever been to a hot air balloon festival? They come from all around the world. They fly their balloons when weather permits, dring the day, at night, before, during and after. How many remain in the area afterwards giving "rides" "lessons"and what not is anyones guess. You can confirm no ballooners are left in the area or how far they may drift on the wind? Been over this with a dozen members jazz,

nothing personal, read the thread.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

Those are certainly some pretty photographs, but you appear to have missed the fact that the "Night Glow" festival also happened 150 miles away, and in August.

See: www.bristolballoonfiesta.co.uk...

So what, whats the range of a hot air balloon? Or confirm all the ballooners have left the area... if thats what you're doing.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

LMAO

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
First newsworthy UFO "incident" in a long time.

Kinda surprised its not been solved yet.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join