It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Should Obama Pardon Snowden?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

And what "Legacy" has Mr.Obama constructed?....His train wreck border policy?,or would it be the non success of Obama care?...,or perhaps your referring to his push through debt ceiling........lol....legacy.....that makes me chuckle.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It would be the perfect punctuation for his legacy.

A possible one good point to a basically epic failure , weak in the knees , anti-Constitution , anti-American Pro- ME , legacy
I had to stop. Could ave went on with much , much more.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightFire

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
Snowden should come back to the US for a fair trial.

Snowden should get sentenced to 20 years in a federal prison.

Snowden should do 10 of those 20 years, and then walk.

Fair.

Will never happen, but what I can see happening is once everyone in the current administration and appointed by the current administration is gone. I see Snowden coming back to the US as a free man.

I absolutely agree. . But not under a Clinton or Democratic Administration

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Only if found guilty. That is what the trial is supposed to do. Decide between guilt or innocence.

He's a whistleblower, supposedly... Allow him to defend himself in open court, before a jury of his peers. That's a jury I might even be willing to sit on. It'd surely be interesting.

He would lose under current or possible near future times. Snowden needs to ride it out for a while longer.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: JIMC5499

You have to be convicted of something before you can be pardoned. Has Snowden been convicted?

Nixon was pardoned by Ford before he was convicted.

As a formality . Nixon resigned before impeachment .

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

an unequivocal yes!

Obama has pardoned himself and everyone else in Washington, he should most definitely pardon Snowden.

It's only logical.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AndroidJimmy

Well I am in agreement with your sarcasim but I believe this is what Obama thinks. that he has some legacy out there. If he was here talking to you he would say what about taking out Osama Bin Laden?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: AndroidJimmy

Well I am in agreement with your sarcasim but I believe this is what Obama thinks. that he has some legacy out there. If he was here talking to you he would say what about taking out Osama Bin Laden?

I agree with you. Obama does have some sort of legacy he is leaving behind, but I don't think it's something to be proud of, such as dividing a nation, acquiring the largest debt in American history, Healthcare that is suppose to help people by giving them healthcare yet if you choose not to take it you have to pay a $2500 fine to the IRS, Failed new energies that were promised in his first election. So I guess the promise he did hold true that he could call his legacy is his campaign slogan "Change". He definitely implemented changed, but not for the better. Yes he can hang his hat on Osama Bin Laden, but I personally don't believe that went down as advertised. I personally think Osama Bin Laden was killed years before based on videos that were released didn't have current events in them as all the other videos he produced and some videos, were older video of Bin Laden with voice over.

I guess he can have a legacy of the president who took more vacations, played more golf, campaigned for 8 years straight, spend more tax payer dollars of his trips and vacations than any other president. I hope he can survive without all the tax payer's dollars after he leaves the White House. Hell, he probably implemented new law without the knowledge of Congress that gives him a black funded off shore bank account with unlimited dollars put into it for him and his family to continue living like royalty.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join