It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hello ATS a theory awoke thinking about

The universe is one-dimensional, holographic and motion may not be real

In my theory the universe can be likened to a vast screen as in what you see when you're eyes are closed, endless space and no real definition

If like you were to draw a 3D cube on a sheet of graphing paper, or if you're looking at anything 3-D through something 2D like a computer screen, Simply taking a video of anything 3D let's say little billy riding his bike, it in turns crafts a 3-D illusion on a 2 dimensional plane

I call them dimensional illusions.

I wouldn't like to cause confusion when I say holographic. It has absolute zero to do with simulations or the theory thereof.

DNA information, Computer code are two examples I could provide more on request.

My theory is of 3D intricacies of the universe being the derivative of digital and/or 2D constructs.

My theory on time not existing is not as of concrete as of yet, but it is based on my theory of what I call relative motion.

Movement couldn't exist without anything relative or for lack of better words, something to compare the distance of said object to and/or from

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Solid theory, until someone punches you in the face.

edit on 9 by Mandroid7 because: typo

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I think that 'theory' is overstating it a bit.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

I theorized some years ago that time was motion. I also theorized that consciousness was the fifth dimension. I'll give a brief explanation.

If you wanted to meet me in my office in Manhattan you would need five pieces of information. You would need to know that my office was on the corner of Broadway (1st D) and Seventh Avenue (2nd D), you would need to know that my office was on the seventeenth floor (3rd D) you would need to know what time to meet me 1:00pm (4th D) however you still couldn't meet me unless you were conscious (5th D) of all these dimensions.

If your theory is right then we could be some sort of dream being dreamed by some kind of super consciousness or possibly a computer program.
edit on 9/26/2016 by Alien Abduct because: Oops I hit the reply button before I finished

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
At what point do you think the universe starts being one-dimensional? The Voyager 1 probe has left the solar system, and four more are on interstellar trajectories. That would prove that the solar system is at least "three-dimensional" would you not agree?

I do agree with you on time not existing, after all time is a human invention.
edit on 26-9-2016 by BlueShaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

This gave me a laugh, one of those real belly laughs! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Pain is an illusion. Think about it, if I took a pair of pliers and pinched your toe your toe will send electrical impulses to your brain via your nerves. Your brain will then tell you that it is pain and you believe it.

If pain were real then people that are paralysed would also feel pain in their toe when I squeezed it with a pair of pliers.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Funny, but also true.

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
Pain is an illusion. Think about it, if I took a pair of pliers and pinched your toe your toe will send electrical impulses to your brain via your nerves. Your brain will then tell you that it is pain and you believe it.

If pain were real then people that are paralysed would also feel pain in their toe when I squeezed it with a pair of pliers.
Some paralyzed people would feel that if the nerves are only partially and not completely severed. If the nerves are completely severed, that's like saying if electricity was real the light bulb would still come on even if you cut the wires going to the light bulb. That's got nothing to do with electricity or pain not being real and everything to do with you not understanding how they work.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Or until people start thinking outside the box, Pun intended. I'm simply not entirely able to explain it as I perceive it.

Edit to add

Lol that's funny I had to re-read, thought you were trolling at first. That's actually a valid point lol star for you.

I'm arguing that there is only one dimension whether or not it may be 1, 2, or 3 dimensional construct. Not that the universe in its entirety is what you would describe as 1 dimensional.
edit on 26-9-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I understand quite well.

Your electricity light bulb is a bad analogy because when electric flows through the wire to the bulb it lights the bulb.

With pain it's quite the opposite. The electrical impulse goes from the bulb (toe being pinched) to your brain where it is interpreted as pain, giving you the sensation of pain. You see these sensations are actually happening in your brain. Not your toes.

Looks like you are the one that doesn't understand.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Pain is not real because it is an interpretation of information, it is not actual.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

My theory on time not existing is not as of concrete as of yet, but it is based on my theory of what I call relative motion.

Movement couldn't exist without anything relative or for lack of better words, something to compare the distance of said object to and/or from

Time and motion does exist, imo.

The only way I can think of what you have said is if I bring up Zeno paradox with an arrow in motion.
That is profound in a way if I assume the world around me comes in quanta.
Here, I can imagine myself being 'stationary' and everything else is a flux passing through my senses.
That flux comes in quanta as it is the only way I can sense my surrounding environment. Conclusion -- I sense the world as sequence of frames, like movie film in front of a projector and if hypothetically motion of that film stops (reduced to an infinitely small time intervals), nothing is moving.

Quantum Zeno effect...Read more here. It is fascinating beyond believe!

Just my two cents.))
edit on 27-9-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Bump

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I understand quite well.

Your electricity light bulb is a bad analogy because when electric flows through the wire to the bulb it lights the bulb.

With pain it's quite the opposite. The electrical impulse goes from the bulb (toe being pinched) to your brain where it is interpreted as pain, giving you the sensation of pain. You see these sensations are actually happening in your brain. Not your toes.

So by your logic nothing is real as it is all just sensory input interpreted by the brain.

I think that it's well understood that when a toe is hurt there isn't some bit of consciousness in it that's screaming "make it stop", but that it's the interpretation by the brain of activity in nerve fibers, carried to it via the nervous systems. I don't see anything radical in that... it's basic anatomy.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: purpleivan

I understand quite well.

So by your logic nothing is real as it is all just sensory input interpreted by the brain.

It very well could be just that. Floating brains.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can't understand how anything could be anything less than what is perceived 3 dimensional

Anything that exists in it's entirety could never be.

It's a simply mathematical construct,

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Bolzmann Brains

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: greenreflections

I see it as, things are in the near past, or either in they're in the near future.

Anything in our realm of perspective has already happened. If you were to eat an apple it was already on you're tongue by the time you interpreted it being on you're tongue.

It's clearer If you're observing a natural phenomenon in space any number of light years away. It has already happened before you were to be in the moment, and to perceive it happening at said moment

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Bolzmann Brains

Yup.

top topics

join