It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Opens Fire At Houston Strip Mall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
Regarding profiling...

"OMG, his surname is NOT Smith! He must be a terrorist!"

Profiling is a dandy thing when used as a thoughtful tool regarding an overall picture. Not as a knee-jerk response because someone has an unusual last name.

As I mentioned quite early on, this seems to be related to an ongoing dispute at this man's workplace. Angry Man syndrome.

Right, that's fair. Profiling seems to a one of those words that is getting used inappropriately and turned into something bad, when it's not.

Only thing I would say though is you should use 'angry person syndrome', not 'angry man syndrome' - otherwise, it's a bit sexist. (disclaimer : that was a joke)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Angry Man syndrome.

Yes because "angry man syndrome" actually exists, while Islamic terrorism can't even be acknowledged as an everyday reality, because as we all know there's nothing wrong with the religion it's just a few nuts.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Hmmmm....

Did anyone here mention that religious-based terrorism doesn't exist?

I don't think so.

Nice try, though!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I personally would prefer to be able to carry a gun in Europe for protection. There is the potential for some violence within even the same country's culture. Though there are people that just seek out a fight.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

If I'm not mistaken there is such a thing in your country as "going postal" , it could be that this is an example of that.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: gortex

Well I'm considering purchase a hand gun more and more now..only problem is in Massachusetts it so difficult to get a permit for protection of life and property..

You've managed to survive without so far.

Is it really wise to leave your life up to chance if you can do something to stop it?

Oh I forgot carrying guns turns you into rambo, carry on.

No, you forgot that self defense is a thing.

*yawn*

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

a reply to: queenofswords

I don't feel the need to label anyone -- a person's remarks and actions speak volumes.

By all means, feel free to profile on.

Everyone profiles whether you accept it or not, the only ones who pretend they don't are Liberals because in their minds everyone is equal. It is called self preservation, the only ones who don't can be likened to the "Freddie Kruger is a guy with problems but he won't kill me crowd"...how does that usually turn out?

Freddie Kruger isn't real. so.....there is that.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: whatnext21

a reply to: queenofswords

I don't feel the need to label anyone -- a person's remarks and actions speak volumes.

By all means, feel free to profile on.

Everyone profiles whether you accept it or not, the only ones who pretend they don't are Liberals because in their minds everyone is equal. It is called self preservation, the only ones who don't can be likened to the "Freddie Kruger is a guy with problems but he won't kill me crowd"...how does that usually turn out?

Freddie Kruger isn't real. so.....there is that.

Of course he is not real..EVERYONE knows that.
He only kills you in dreams.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
...and people say I'm paranoid because I carry a folding knife, and I have a CCW and carry a handgun most times.

Is it paranoia, or smart? Things the way they are? I'm thinking the latter.

I just wish it didn't seem so necessary. I'd rather I was needlessly paranoid, frankly.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

9 injured ( 3 were treated and released, 1 in serious condition, and 1 is critical)...the partner dissolved the partnership in february...shooter had money problems and but partner says it was an amiable split and the shooter was not fired...his name is still on the glass door

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just another day in liberal America.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this:

www.click2houston.com...
Law enforcement sources said that the shooter was wearing what appeared to be an antique German uniform with Swastikas on it.

www.dailymail.co.uk... k
Officers also found a number of Nazi materials and guns inside his Porsche Boxster when it was searched by police and members of a bomb squad, according to ABC13.

www.click2houston.com...

Investigators also combed through the shooter's condo, where they found what appeared to be Nazi paraphernalia inside, according to a law enforcement source.

it sounds like the guy was a Nazi. So it was just a broke Indian Nazi lawyer driving a Porche. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

edit on 26-9-2016 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Yeah. It's Liberals that are into Nazi paraphernalia right?

/eyeroll

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Listening to the Houston PD news conference at the moment.

Apparently he was a collector of military memorabilia ranging from the Civil War to WW2.

He also was armed with multiple weapons at the time of the shooting, as well as a couple of thousand rounds of ammo.

ETA: Desai also held a concealed weapons permit and his weapons were legally purchased.
edit on 9/26/2016 by maria_stardust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

The man who shot six people in southwest Houston Monday morning has been identified as a Houston lawyer, city officials confirmed.

Police exchanged gunfire with the suspected shooter in the 4400 block of Law Street.

A lawyer shooting up law street. Weird coincidence.

A disgruntled attorney dressed in Nazi attire was killed by police Monday morning after he shot six people at strip malls in Houston.

Even weirder.
edit on 9/26/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: Mianeye

I personally would prefer to be able to carry a gun in Europe for protection. There is the potential for some violence within even the same country's culture. Though there are people that just seek out a fight.

I carry a knife when in Europe. Actually keep it there at my parent's in laws so I know I'll have it on each trip and don't need to worry about transporting it. Only have had to pull it once.

That was due to being an American and getting targeted by a group of gypsies in Eastern Europe.

In general though many of Europe's self defense laws don't lend to the ability to defend one's self with a gun.
edit on 26-9-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

That may be true. I've carried a knife as well, but haven't pulled it yet. Frankly I think it would be more harmful to pull it than not to, as I would end up disarmed and the knife used against me. Every confrontation(save for one) had me outnumbered by up to about 15:1. While traveling in a group these seemed less likely, though also possible that alone I was on my way through the city going someplace.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco
It'll cost you at least $300, taking a certified firearms course, a full background check, police photo, police fingerprints, file the application, and 140 days (approx) and the kindness of your local police chief to get a CCW in Massachusetts.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
An Indian dude went berserk? Man, the rightwingers must be immensely disappointed they can't blame a Middle Easterner or Islam today. But the guy was still brown, so they'll find a way to s# all over ME immigrants anyway, just watch.

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

There's a time, and a place, to fight. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Running away is as valid a self-defense tactic as drawing a gun, or in your case, a knife. Maybe more so.

15:1? Time to run away. I certainly would, if at all possible. Those are insane odds.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join