It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Opens Fire At Houston Strip Mall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
More will come out about this guy.

What kind of name is Desai....not that that has anything to do with it, but it might shed some light.

So, you're wanting to know if he has brown skin...

Then, yes, he is a member of an ethnic minority group. More than likely he's of Indian descent. Most likely Hindu. Although that's just personal conjecture.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Because up until the last couple decades, people carried knives. They are actually useful tools for many things.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

So, youy 're wanting to know if he has brown skin...

Let me be blunt. No. I am not interested in skin color. I am interested in possible....let me repeat, 'possible'....radicalization of first or second generation non-Christian immigrants.

Blunt enough for you. I suppose you are now going to call me a 'racist'. I went ahead and edited this post to include the word 'non-Christian' because I assume you are going to yell 'raaaacist!!!' anyway.

edit on 26-9-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I don't feel the need to label anyone -- a person's remarks and actions speak volumes.

By all means, feel free to profile on.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

I don't feel the need to label anyone -- a person's remarks and actions speak volumes.

Profiling is an important part of life, all walks of life.
Without it, we'd be in big trouble economically as well as with law and order.
It's a good thing.
edit on 26/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Gumman dead car full of guns.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

So, youy 're wanting to know if he has brown skin...

Let me be blunt. No. I am not interested in skin color. I am interested in possible....let me repeat, 'possible'....radicalization of first or second generation non-Christian immigrants.

Blunt enough for you. I suppose you are now going to call me a 'racist'. I went ahead and edited this post to include the word 'non-Christian' because I assume you are going to yell 'raaaacist!!!' anyway.

If this is to do with radicalisation then it's an odd one. There is radicalisation within the Hindu faith, but it tends to centre on a deep hatred and distrust of Muslims. I have a feeling this may well be just a desperate nut job who happens to be Indian.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

What's wrong with profiling? Most every task force worldwide has profilers on staff.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

What's wrong with profiling? Most every task force worldwide has profilers on staff.

...and every company has profiles on staff, and every business has profiles on customers and potential customers...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Pretty sure this case will be one of just a guy that got passed and likely had a bit of instability anyways. I can't imagine this was faith related in any way at all.

Thoughts to the victims.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

...and every company has profiles on staff, and every business has profiles on customers and potential customers...

Yep...I laugh when friends or family seem amazed that the ads they see online happen to be something they were looking for recently.....hmmm....online automated profiling for targeting customers...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Everyone profiles whether you accept it or not, the only ones who pretend they don't are Liberals because in their minds everyone is equal. It is called self preservation, the only ones who don't can be likened to the "Freddie Kruger is a guy with problems but he won't kill me crowd"...how does that usually turn out?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Because in Canon City in the 70s we used them for doing a great deal of things OUTSIDE.
WE wouldn't USE them on people what are we psychopaths?
It is HARD to cut a person to ribbons or get that crucial stab ,not to mention the courts will HATE you for it.
edit on 26-9-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Ive seen a few ginger whites radicalized who have taken fully Arabic names.

The name would help understand a culture, either born and bred in or adopted, skin has no meaning anymore.

You should rethink your opinions if you assume anyone without a christian/western name is automatically brown.
edit on 9262016 by Butterfinger because: added "western"

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is an interesting quote from the authorities in the scene...

"The gunman was known to law enforcement, officials said, and several guns were found in the man's car, which was being examined by a bomb squad."

So the guy was known to authorities...I wonder if he meant that in a lawyer/police relationship or a "he was on our radar for violence" way.

The fact they mention all the guns directly after that statement makes me wonder if he was on a watch list for buying a bunch of guns or something....now wouldn't that open a can of worms in TX of all places.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Regarding profiling...

"OMG, his surname is NOT Smith! He must be a terrorist!"

Profiling is a dandy thing when used as a thoughtful tool regarding an overall picture. Not as a knee-jerk response because someone has an unusual last name.

As I mentioned quite early on, this seems to be related to an ongoing dispute at this man's workplace. Angry Man syndrome.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I thought nothing of the sort. I was responding to another member's question.

Besides, I had already seen the shooter's photo on the news. So I knew he was Indian.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish
Another day in Australia. Another day without a mass shooting. Another day when we can say 'Australia has never had a school shooting.'

YAY for NANNY STATE!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: gortex

Well I'm considering purchase a hand gun more and more now..only problem is in Massachusetts it so difficult to get a permit for protection of life and property..

You've managed to survive without so far.

Is it really wise to leave your life up to chance if you can do something to stop it?

Oh I forgot carrying guns turns you into rambo, carry on.

Such a weak response man. Why are you so disingenuous?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It wouldn't be surprising at all if his law firm had recently contacted law enforcement prior to today's tragedy as a result of an ongoing dispute at his workplace.

Texas is a gun owner's paradise. I sincerely doubt that purchasing multiple weapons over a short period of time would even raise eyebrows around here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join