It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Opens Fire At Houston Strip Mall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Reports of yet another shooting , this time it's the Houston Strip Mall which sees six people taken to hospital after a gunman opened fire at 6.30 local time.
Few details available other than the number of injured and the police report that they had shot the gunman.

A gunman opened fire at a strip mall in southwest Houston early Monday, injuring several people, officials said. Police say they shot the suspect after shutting down surrounding streets in what they had initially described as an active shooting situation.
The shooter’s condition and motive are not known. Police said they do not believe there are any additional shooters. The Houston Fire Department told HuffPost that six people were transported to the hospital. The extent of their injures is unknown.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well I'm considering purchase a hand gun more and more now..only problem is in Massachusetts it so difficult to get a permit for protection of life and property..

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
hope all the victims are alright.
I also hope the shooter is alive so a motive can be understood. I think it's a bit past time we investigate that aspect of these things.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Life is getting crazy. No wonder gun sales are up, look at all these nutjob terrorists, and crazies running around.

In my state if you go to the DMV, they are advocating CCW and are more than willing to point you in the right direction to get training and a CCW.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Have you noticed these come in waves? There will be a string of shootings and then quiet for a bit, then more. I honestly don't know what's gotten in to people. Just the stress of everyday life for some and others are just nuts. Some guy is behind on bills, car getting repoed, under water on the mortgage and then bam...his wife cheats on him and he just snaps and goes after her, the guy and anyone between him and them.
I Do Not leave the house without my CC. Not even a quick trip to the grocery store and straight back.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Well I'm considering purchase a hand gun more and more now..only problem is in Massachusetts it so difficult to get a permit for protection of life and property..

You've managed to survive without so far.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Same here. I rarely leave the compound, but when I do I'm armed. I really don't want to have to use it, but I'll be damned if I get caught off guard.

Hopefully the shooter is alive and we can get his motives. Another senseless shooting...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I totally agree.

It is some what frustrating when these killers are killed.

I think it's important to know what drives these people to do what they do.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

Is it really wise to leave your life up to chance if you can do something to stop it?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

It's interesting that you mention the waves.

I saw an article that says there is a strong correlation between these incidents being reported on tv and someone comitting another shooting.

As in, some how it being shown on tv kind of gives the go ahead to someone else feeling like going on a shooting spree.

Hope that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And it will be mentioned tonight in the debates, I'm sure.

Thoughts and condolences with those directly affected by this... I hope everyone is okay

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
We are SO lucky these NUTS can't SHOOT worth a damn.
I guess the SSRIs screw up aim.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I grew up in Kentucky and always had a gun in the truck. Even as a teenager, my Dad's pistol was there and no one thought anything about it. Even the cops knew and never made a big deal of it, because we weren't running around shooting each other. We always parked at the City Park, watching the girls drive by and the cops would do a walk through of our cars, to see if anyone was drinking. If they saw the gun, they'd ask " Is that your Dad's?", we'd say yes and that'd be the end of it. We carried rifles to school so we could go deer hunting right after and the only thing school officials did was to tell us to make sure our trucks were locked. They were more worried about them being liable for it getting stolen, than one of us going on a rampage.
WTF has happened?
And the anti gun folks can't say 'More guns". The guns were there, it's the people who've changed.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Anyone peg him as being Hispanic yet?
You know, anything but Islamic.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

I've never used the airbags in my car either.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

In High school I always wore a Buck 110 lock blade ,(who would walk around with out a KNIFE?) ...I was not of course thinking that others in larger cities were any less responsable...NOW I wear a knife BECAUSE of these miscreants.
I use a knife ALL THE TIME, even in art school and I STILL haven't murdered anyone...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

We had gun racks in our trucks when I was in high school. 1989 grad..
Nobody cared.
Nobody got shot.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Another day in Australia. Another day without a mass shooting. Another day when we can say 'Australia has never had a school shooting.'

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I know, right? That was everyone's go to knife. If you didn't have one on your belt or in your pocket, you weren't dressed. Guns and knives within easy reach, every day, and we still weren't killing each other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join