It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Lets Get Ready to Rumble!!!! (Trump Vs Clinton) Tonight 9pm ET, 6pm PT Debate #1

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: gortex

Thank you Leona Helmsley.

Another hotel magnate who looked down at the little people (and wound up in jail because of it. )
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Sillyoleme you can stop to see the Romanian hacker Guccifer that was extradited from Romania to a Virginia Federal Prison near you for hacking Hillarys email server. According to interviews with him every country was rifling through it. I'd trust Trump to keep our nation more secure than Hillary, based upon past underperformance and lack of adhering to USA security protocols by Hillary.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Even the BBC is calling out Lester Holt's biased moderation.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Nope. Isn't there any gray zone? Pay what's due. Pay your share. You use the roads, you use the grid, you use the water system. . The military protects you. Locally taxes pay for the police, the fire dept, snow removal and other services.
Funny how he uses the laws to his advantage to not pay taxes yet thinks all these big plans of his which require tax revenue will just pay for themselves. Where does he think the money will come from?
Does he imagine a giant checkbook with a picture of fort Knox on it will be put at his disposal? Or will he depend on NATO nations paying us to be mercenaries?
So much to consider here.
SMH

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Bookmark that. There are still two more to go. What excuse will he have after them?
If you're explaining ...your losing.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yeah I'm hysterical with laughter dude. You're a regular laugh riot.
Don't quit your day job.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You left out China.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: yuppa

Probably you want the word probably and not prolly which is not a word at all by the way.

Grammar Nazis are just about as hated as real Nazis you know.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Chronic dry eye. Maybe he needs some eye-love.

www.myeyelove.com... id=CJGEpp-TsM8CFVTr6QodiRgBag&gclds

He was stressed he knew in the first moments how well prepared Hillary was and he regretted the wasted weeks he had to prepare . Next time I think it will get ugly.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You left out China.

I left out a lot of Clinton scandals due to the post character limitations.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The debate was undeniably heavily biased in favor of Hillary Clinton.

Trump didn't do too bad considering the way the debate was moderated.

I still call it pretty much a draw.... neither candidate gained much or lost much during this debate.

Hopefully the next one will be much better.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Boy did Trump ever f that "debate" up. How could he have been so not prepped?

He was like a petulant child next to a mature adult.

It was just terrible for him, very very BAD (said like Trump).

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
The debate was undeniably heavily biased in favor of Hillary Clinton.

Trump didn't do too bad considering the way the debate was moderated.

I still call it pretty much a draw.... neither candidate gained much or lost much during this debate.

Hopefully the next one will be much better.

The next one will be the same... Trump should have realised that he would be set up with the questions and he should have had his answers clearly prepared. Last night was his big opportunity to win the election. With the momentum all his way, he would have surged ahead. Now he will be well behind by the time the next debate comes round and all the pressure will be on him.
edit on 27/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Trump won on substance. Hillary won on poise. Trump is a tough negotiator and Hillary is a seasoned debater. Most Americans see things for what they are and realize a formal debate in a political arena takes lots of practice to maneuver. That's all she is....a smooth debater with little substance. Trump needs to step up his political game. That's not really his nature, but with the media we have in today's biased climate, why give them ammunition.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Trump won on substance. Hillary won on poise. Trump is a tough negotiator and Hillary is a seasoned debater. Most Americans see things for what they are and realize a formal debate in a political arena takes lots of practice to maneuver. That's all she is....a smooth debater with little substance. Trump needs to step up his political game. That's not really his nature, but with the media we have in today's biased climate, why give them ammunition.

I read a transcript of some of his responses. Here's one section:

TRUMP: The secretary said very strongly about working with -- we've been working with them for many years, and we have the greatest mess anyone's ever seen. You look at the Middle East, it's a total mess. Under your direction, to a large extent.

But you look at the Middle East, you started the Iran deal, that's another beauty where you have a country that was ready to fall, I mean, they were doing so badly. They were choking on the sanctions. And now they're going to be actually probably a major power at some point pretty soon, the way they're going.

But when you look at NATO, I was asked on a major show, what do you think of NATO? And you have to understand, I'm a businessperson. I did really well. But I have common sense. And I said, well, I'll tell you. I haven't given lots of thought to NATO. But two things.

Number one, the 28 countries of NATO, many of them aren't paying their fair share. Number two -- and that bothers me, because we should be asking -- we're defending them, and they should at least be paying us what they're supposed to be paying by treaty and contract.

And, number two, I said, and very strongly, NATO could be obsolete, because -- and I was very strong on this, and it was actually covered very accurately in the New York Times, which is unusual for the New York Times, to be honest -- but I said, they do not focus on terror. And I was very strong. And I said it numerous times.

And about four months ago, I read on the front page of the Wall Street Journal that NATO is opening up a major terror division. And I think that's great. And I think we should get -- because we pay approximately 73 percent of the cost of NATO. It's a lot of money to protect other people. But I'm all for NATO. But I said they have to focus on terror, also.

And they're going to do that. And that was -- believe me -- I'm sure I'm not going to get credit for it -- but that was largely because of what I was saying and my criticism of NATO.

I think we have to get NATO to go into the Middle East with us, in addition to surrounding nations, and we have to knock the hell out of ISIS, and we have to do it fast, when ISIS formed in this vacuum created by Barack Obama and Secretary Clinton. And believe me, you were the ones that took out the troops. Not only that, you named the day. They couldn't believe it. They sat back probably and said, I can't believe it. They said...

CLINTON: Lester, we've covered...

TRUMP: No, wait a minute.

CLINTON: We've covered this ground.

TRUMP: When they formed, when they formed, this is something that never should have happened. It should have never happened. Now, you're talking about taking out ISIS. But you were there, and you were secretary of state when it was a little infant. Now it's in over 30 countries. And you're going to stop them? I don't think so.

This is utter gibberish. And no, NATO did not change a damn thing based on what this inarticulate idiot said.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

It's not gibberish. I understood exactly what he was talking about. He isn't scripted and he talks like regular folks would talk, because guess what? He is speaking to the people. We are all so used to the way a politician is supposed to sound....every word, every phrase, every little utterance is carefully put together (scripted), rehearsed, memorized. Most can't string two sentences together without a teleprompter. Some of the most incompetent people sound like they know what they're doing, when in actuality, they can't even account for their departments lost billions!

Interpretation for those whose ears are too accustomed to poltical-speak:

*The middle east is a mess.

*The Iran deal was ill-timed. Sanctions were working, and this administration comes along and makes a bad deal.

*NATO needs to pick up the pace and pick up more of the cost. He's a businessman, so he hasn't focused on NATO but in his opinion they could become obsolete if they don't focus more on terrorism.

*He's talked about it, and lo and behold! the New York Times finally announced NATO will open up a major terror division.

*We pay 73% of the cost. We should get our money's worth.

*His criticism was acknowledged and he probably had a part in them stepping it up.

*We need to get serious about knocking ISIS out with more help from other countries.

*ISIS was formed in the vacuum Obama and Hillary created.

*Obama and Hillary's foreign policy there is abysmal. They even told ISIS when our troops would be withdrawn.

*Meantime ISIS has expanded into 30 countries.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

"This is utter gibberish"

Really? Other than Trump's ego overloading his mouth and claiming that NATO made a change based on the assumption it was done because of something he said, I would say it was pretty much on target.

As the above poster broke it down, was the same way I had understood it myself.
edit on R462016-09-27T14:46:03-05:00k469Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Awww....you don't know the difference between real polls and internet polls.

How cute.

Polls are polls. So it dont matter does it? ALso mor epeople do online ones these days. the ones specifically clinton needs to get.

I don't think Clinton "needs to get" the Alt-right Donald supporters on Reddit sharing vote-click bots..

Online polls were never more of a joke for trolls than they are right now.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

It's not gibberish. I understood exactly what he was talking about. He isn't scripted and he talks like regular folks would talk, because guess what? He is speaking to the people. We are all so used to the way a politician is supposed to sound....every word, every phrase, every little utterance is carefully put together (scripted), rehearsed, memorized. Most can't string two sentences together without a teleprompter. Some of the most incompetent people sound like they know what they're doing, when in actuality, they can't even account for their departments lost billions!

Interpretation for those whose ears are too accustomed to poltical-speak:

*The middle east is a mess.

*The Iran deal was ill-timed. Sanctions were working, and this administration comes along and makes a bad deal.

*NATO needs to pick up the pace and pick up more of the cost. He's a businessman, so he hasn't focused on NATO but in his opinion they could become obsolete if they don't focus more on terrorism.

*He's talked about it, and lo and behold! the New York Times finally announced NATO will open up a major terror division.

*We pay 73% of the cost. We should get our money's worth.

*His criticism was acknowledged and he probably had a part in them stepping it up.

*We need to get serious about knocking ISIS out with more help from other countries.

*ISIS was formed in the vacuum Obama and Hillary created.

*Obama and Hillary's foreign policy there is abysmal. They even told ISIS when our troops would be withdrawn.

*Meantime ISIS has expanded into 30 countries.

The fact that you had to interpret what he said makes my own damn point for me. He's an inarticulate pillock. And he's wrong. Iran was not on the point of collapse. Bush signed the agreement to pull the US out of Iraq, Obama had no choice but to implement it because the Iraqis would not renegotiate it. And come to that ISIS was more born out of the internal situation in Iraq in the first place (the Baghdad Government mishandling the Sunni minority) than the withdrawal of US forces.
As for NATO - where do I even start? He's stone dead wrong. The US pay about 22% of DIRECT FUNDING for NATO. Where did Trump get the 73% figure from? Simple - he twisted the facts.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Julian Assange is going to make a live announcement shortly it would appear...

www.breakingnews.com...

If that is true, wonder if he just wants to give his little ole opinion on who won the debate.... or does he have something juicy to say and reveal?

Or will he reveal that he was given immunity by the FBI like everybody else? Wouldn't surprise me at this point lol.

edit on R012016-09-27T15:01:51-05:00k019Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R032016-09-27T15:03:43-05:00k039Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

It's not gibberish. I understood exactly what he was talking about. He isn't scripted and he talks like regular folks would talk, because guess what? He is speaking to the people.

Holy crap..no...Regular people do not communicate ideas via random word and phrase vomit.

He regularly just mashed up talking points regardless of the question or topic..

Hell...at one point the stunned audience literally burst into laughter when he capped off one of his bizarre rambles that included the Iraq War, the AFL-CIO, Madison Avenue Advertisers and Sean Hannity...all in a response to why he thought his temperament was better than hers.

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join