It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Get Ready to Rumble!!!! (Trump Vs Clinton) Tonight 9pm ET, 6pm PT Debate #1

page: 80
<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
I believe the polls have trump as the winner.

Which polls? Media reports and political analysts across the board are showing Clinton as the winner.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MongolianPaellaFish

Which polls? Media reports and political analysts across the board are showing Clinton as the winner.

So wait, all of the online polls are from biased people, but the main stream media that is unabashedly pro HIllary are who we should trust?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

NYCBS Polls. Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger.

Source
edit on 27-9-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IsntLifeFunny

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: kruphix

Then which polls this election are scientific? Because the ones I see are all over the place all of the time. We get scientific polls that come out the same day that say Trump is up 2% all the way to Hillary is up 8%. If they are so scientific, why such the differential?

These same "scientific" polls said Trump had almost no chance to win the primary. They also said Brexit had no chance of passing. Romney was ahead of Obama in many scientific polls.

It seems that lately these scientific polls have been consistently wrong or all over the place. Yet you feel we should only listen to them, not social media, not real world people showing up to rallies.

How do you explain that?

Maybe because they use different algorithms? Shaking my head at this website and its posters.
Be honest with yourselves for once already.

Well thank you so much for coming on to this site and educating us all with your insightful posts that start off insulting us all!

If the algorithms can be that far off, why should we even bother to look at any of these polls?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Your poll reflects the passionate hatred that so many people have for Hillary. It's like Donald won by default. If he had punched moderator Lester Holt in the nose, Donald still would have won, because he'd still be more likeable than Hillary. At this point, that's pretty much what's driving Donald's climb in the overall polls. Hillary is haggard, condescending, fake and arrogant.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I just thought it was funny. They're everywhere. Politico, Fortune, Time, etc.

EDIT:

They're even on Daily Kos lol.
edit on 2016-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: RickinVa

"Can it really be that these old people that make up Trump supporters are more likely to use the internet than these young democrat supporters."

Trumps an outsider. The black sheep.

I feel his supporters are desperate to prove something.

You post 900 times to this thread, I think you are desperate also.

Over exaggerate much?

What thread do you think is most active right now, hmmmm?

He's just saying you are omnipresent on ATS. Almost 32,000 posts!! You must wear band-aids on your fingertips!

He specified this thread.

I know, but I couldn't resist. I see you everywhere I post. You are a forum goddess. Your X-Woman power is the ability to instantly type ribald replies.

LOL, and I thought I was selective in what threads I post in.

We must have the same interests - - here, let's have a drink together

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I can't really teach you statistical analysis and modeling on an ATS post...you could try some college courses though.

And what polls showed Trump not having a chance at winning the Primary?
www.realclearpolitics.com...

All those seem to show him with a great chance of winning.

Notice that I said polling in Presidential elections are extremely accurate, because they are repeatable events. Polling on a one time event has it's own challenges.

You can listen to who you want...just like last election all the Romney supporters said Romney was going to win in a landslide because the media was biased, the polls were skewed (there were even websites that popped up to "unskew" the polls to show Romney winning), there were sooooooo many Romney yard signs, all their facebook friends supported Romney, all their real life friends supported Romney, Romney had large rallies....and yet the scientific polling showed something different.

What did the scientific polling show? Well, it nailed the electoral college...only missing Florida (Polling gave it to Romney, but Obama won it).

So go ahead, use what ever confirmation bias you want. I'll stick to scientific statistical analysis.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Your poll reflects the passionate hatred that so many people have for Hillary. It's like Donald won by default. If he had punched moderator Lester Holt in the nose, Donald still would have won, because he'd still be more likeable than Hillary. At this point, that's pretty much what's driving Donald's climb in the overall polls. Hillary is haggard, condescending, fake and arrogant.

My personal opinion is that people felt sucker-punched by what Obama said before he got elected and what he actually did. Hillary just seemed more of the same. People are so fed up they are willing to roll the dice and try Donald. It certainly didn't help for her to play the sexist misogyny card so often while campaigning. In real life you see men and women tearing each other up over her words. I think that soured some people on her, maybe the swing votes.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Hillary Clinton Wants a 65% Inheritance Tax on Billionaire Estates.
except billionaires have lawyers that will have almost everything in trusts, corporations and other places where the government can not get to it.
she is a lawyer and should know this.

We'll see that's just it. She's a lawyer. She believes that by telling everyone that she wants a 65% Inheritance Tax on billionaire estates that she will be conveying to the voters that she wants to take from the rich and give to the poor. When in reality she's just counting on the (millennial) voters to be too dumb to know that wealthy people have loopholes to circumvent their assets.

Agent Zuckerberg is a perfect example. He announces he's donating most of his wealth to a charity and sets it up to be passed onto his daughter in order to avoid being taxed. Then today on NPR I heard that he and his wife have allocated $3 Billion to quote 'end ALL disease' everywhere. The catch? He's setting it up as a Limited Liability Corporation. I was embarrassed for the NPR host that had to make that sound like a noble thing to do of Zuck.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So wait, all of the online polls are from biased people, but the main stream media that is unabashedly pro HIllary are who we should trust?

Do you really not understand why you shouldn't trust an online poll?

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Seems to be a case of take the scientific poll, and the exact opposite of what it says will become reality.

Maybe that's part of the evil plan

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

I just thought it was funny. They're everywhere. Politico, Fortune, Time, etc.

EDIT:

They're even on Daily Kos lol.

Regardless of who wins this election, there is one thing we know for sure.

All of the candidates will be money grabbing until the very end.

Maybe we can set up a system where me and you ante take donations to attack each other!

I will charge a whopping $10 a plate for an exclusive grilled cheese dinner with me at my house. (Oh, and you can't use the bathroom because it is under construction).

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm predicting Trump in a landslide.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: ANNED

Hillary Clinton Wants a 65% Inheritance Tax on Billionaire Estates.
except billionaires have lawyers that will have almost everything in trusts, corporations and other places where the government can not get to it.
she is a lawyer and should know this.

We'll see that's just it. She's a lawyer. She believes that by telling everyone that she wants a 65% Inheritance Tax on billionaire estates that she will be conveying to the voters that she wants to take from the rich and give to the poor. When in reality she's just counting on the (millennial) voters to be too dumb to know that wealthy people have loopholes to circumvent their assets.

Agent Zuckerberg is a perfect example. He announces he's donating most of his wealth to a charity and sets it up to be passed onto his daughter in order to avoid being taxed. Then today on NPR I heard that he and his wife have allocated $3 Billion to quote 'end ALL disease' everywhere. The catch? He's setting it up as a Limited Liability Corporation. I was embarrassed for the NPR host that had to make that sound like a noble thing to do of Zuck.

Star for you. You see the world not as you hope it is, but what it actually is.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Sillyolme

I'm predicting Trump in a landslide.

look over Scott Adams blog. he called it last year for Trump in a landslide. Jenga Hillary!

Source

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Like the real polls are much more objective.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Black Lives Matter should run their own candidate.

That'd spice things up for sure.

Shame the candidate registration deadline has passed

link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

Like the real polls are much more objective.

Ummmmm....yeah....yes they are.

But believe whatever you want, doesn't change the facts.

link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Do you really not understand why you shouldn't trust an online poll?

Of course I understand that. My point is what can we trust? The scientific polls have been way off in the primaries and Brexit, and now they are all over the place, so what can we trust.

Again keep in mind, I think Trump lost this debate, but I can see how other may disagree. So I am just trying to find out what the general consensus was. Is it that some people spammed the online polls, maybe, but it could also be that most people thought trump won, or more likely it is a combination of the two.

I just am asking questions as to why it seems that the supposedly older more uneducated Trump supporters seem to out pace Hillary ones in almost every online platform such as polls, facebook, twitter, etc. (not to mention at rallys and such). BUt I am with you Kruphix I am not taking these polls as gospel, but neither do I take the scientific polls seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 77  78  79    81  82  83 >>

join