It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Lets Get Ready to Rumble!!!! (Trump Vs Clinton) Tonight 9pm ET, 6pm PT Debate #1

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: Grambler

Exactly... Hillary needed a big win tonight and it was just kind of blah.

She might get a small short term bump because she came across as more polished.

Why does she need a huge win, she is still leading in the polls.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
The first question from HOLT was very Trump-friendly. it dealt with businesses and trade. Trump did fantastic. He countered Hillary by saying that she and Obama had YEARS to get things fixed, and didn't.

The debate should have ended right there, LOL. Hopefully Trump will objectively review his performance (watch the debate video) and make adjustments. He just needs to stay generalized and hit her on record. That's how Reagan won the Second debate against Jimmy Carter. He lost the first debate, just like Trump did tonight.

The media will begin pointing out instances of candidates making adjustments for the second debate. They want to keep their viewership high. If they really wanted to keep it high for the long term, the MSM would start backing Trump for President.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

If you can't see that there was a bias in the questions Holt asked, you are not being honest.

There was no biased.

The issue is that Clinton answered the questions that were asked, and Trump deflected and rambled on to other topics.

Clinton was asked about the email server, she admitted it was a mistake and said if she could do it over she would do it different. That's the end of the debate on that subject...were else do you go from there?

On the other hand, Trump was asked why he pushed the birther controversy so hard as recently as January...and he tries to deflect and blame it on Hillary. Trump was asked if he is going to release his tax returns, and he deflects and talks about Hillary's emails. Trump was asked how he was going to bring back jobs to America, he deflects and talks about NAFTA.

So, as the moderator...when the candidate isn't answering the question, of course the moderator is going to continue to follow up for an actual answer...that is what a good moderator should do.

You can complain all you want, but if Trump would have actually answered the questions and admitted when he was wrong, the debate wouldn't have seemed so one sided.

The reason it seemed one sided was because Trump was on the defensive the entire time because his huge ego doesn't allow him to admit when he is wrong.

Tough questions for Trump.
1. Birther, 2. tax returns, 3. the record shows you were for the war in Iraq, 4. Hillaries looks.

Tough questions for HIllary.
1. He says something like "Trump brought up you emails, what about them" Thats it. He didn't bring this question up, Trump did.

Even if you are right that she answered it sufficiently and Trump didn't, why ask Trump 4 difficult questions and Hillary one?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Do you really think any of those were difficult questions?

link   
a reply to: TJ4life

Hmmmm. Great strategy.
You think he let her win? Did you see his face when he left?

Here's to him using the same strategy from now until November 8th. LOL.🍻

link   
You know.. I never understood Hillary supporters, and I never really understood Trump supporters either, although I will admit in my small sphere of a world, Trump supporters outnumber Hillary supporters.

Now I see why some people like the Trumpster... He is animated, a lose cannon, says what he thinks..... but the thing is that what he is saying is what a whole lot of people are thinking.

The debate tonight was a rogue candidate against a well oiled, well polished political machine candidate. It should have been an absolute uncontested blow out.

It wasn't. It was just blah. Just more of the same ole same ole. Neither gained or lost very much.
edit on R262016-09-26T23:26:54-05:00k269Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I think many people really want a sort of 'fantasy football' debate between the two where absolutely the most outrageous accusations get made and it all ends with mud wrestling.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: Grambler

But for you to say that maybe perhaps Holt would have finally asked Hillary a difficult questions if he had more time is laughable. He had an 1 and a half hour and failed to do so. .

No...Holt had more like 8 minutes of talk time...4 of which Trump interrupted him or talked over him saying we have more questions we need to get to...or times up..

For eff sake..If Trump actually made sense as opposed to him simultaneously burping out 3 unrelated answers at once..listeners might be more forgiving with his rambles...it was really kind of mind boggling at times..

You can't lay Trump's bizzare rambling fits at Holts feet..

Is that what I did? I thought I said Trump became unhinged and it didn't look good.

Perhaps Hillary would have become unhinged if she was asked a difficult question. Remember how she did at the Presidential forum? Remember then how all of the HIllary shills said Matt Laeur was the devil and was to mean to her and wasn't mean enough to Trump?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: Indigo5

Hard to take ANY poll seriously... I trust the folks around here... so far it looks to have been an even match..

Yes that and Pres. Obama is a Kenyan and there are statues of the stay-puff marshmallow man on mars..

Just saying...I love ATS, but I don't look here for the pulse of the mainstream American Voter..

Trump lost, Hillary didn't beat him...he destroyed himself with odd angry rambles and word vomit.

He showed two emotions on stage..Anger...and strangely for him..insecurity..he looked flustered and nervous at times...and what was up with the sniffling??...But confidence?..He didn't look that..he looked dull witted and a little lost.

edit on 26-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
TIME gave Trump the win tonight. 60%-40%.
TIME is liberal...right?
time.com...
edit on 26-9-2016 by IAMTAT because: link added

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The birther, Clinton's looks and his stance on the Iraq war were wasted questions in my opinion. I thought the tax question was a fair one, as was Clinton's email. I want debates with substance and to get a better understanding of their policies, not these one liners for the media outlets.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TJ4life

Hmmmm. Great strategy.
You think he let her win? Did you see his face when he left?

Here's to him using the same strategy from now until November 8th. LOL.🍻

Maybe he is going to use her answers in this one against her in the next one perhaps? who knows. all i care about is anybody but that america killer clinton winning. If she wins and she tried to remove Guns we wont have to worry about her being president long.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Kapriti

There is no way Trump won this debate.

I don't think he did either but there is NO WAY you would ever acknowledge it even if he did

Oh, I would. I'm not anti-Trump. I used to be kind of a fan.

I just don't think he's right for the position of president.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
TIME is liberal...right?
time.com...

Prolly due to the birther thing being brought up by clinton in her run against Baryy and then she showing herself to b e hypocritical.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: Indigo5

Hard to take ANY poll seriously... I trust the folks around here... so far it looks to have been an even match..

Yes that and Pres. Obama is a Kenyan and there are statues of the stay-puff marshmallow man on mars..

Just saying...I love ATS, but I don't look here for the pulse of the mainstream American Voter..

Trump lost, Hillary didn't beat him...he destroyed himself with odd angry rambles and word vomit.

He showed two emotions on stage..Anger...and strangely for him..insecurity..he looked flustered and nervous at times...and what was up with the sniffling??...But confidence?..He didn't look that..he looked dull witted and a little lost.

And others would say that he looked genuine, and his opponent looked like the status quo...

It's all in perception, and I do appreciate the thoughts of the ATS poster... much more than MSM pundits and the results of the latest poll, obviously your mileage varies... which is cool

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Tough questions for Trump. 1. Birther, 2. tax returns, 3. the record shows you were for the war in Iraq, 4. Hillaries looks.

Here's the thing...those aren't tough questions.

1. Birther Question: "I was wrong about Obama not being a citizen. However, I know a lot of people had concerns over it so I think it was a good thing for me to push for him to release his birth certificate. Once he released it, I should have dropped the issue and accepted the proof, that was my fault."

2. Tax Returns: "I'll release my tax returns tomorrow."

3. Iraq War: "Yes, in that interview with Howard Stern when emotions were high after 9/11 and the initial reports from the Bush administration had said Iraq had WMDs, I initially thought...yeah, I guess if they are a threat we should go in. At that time, I didn't have enough information and I should have just told Stern I don't have enough information to answer. But quickly after that interview, I did my own research and from what I found I was against the invasion...and I made it very clear in every other interview after that I was against the war in Iraq."

4. Hillary's Looks: I shouldn't have said that and I apologize.

You see...they aren't tough questions.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Trump did win. He was passionate and enthusiastic. Hillary was condescending and arrogant. Always speaking down to people like she has done this whole run.

I read this term "Presidential" a lot, I infer it to mean that a President must have no character, be completely lifeless and emotionless, and not have any strong opinion on anything. In which case the finest Presidential candidate is a Belgian bank clerk.

Trump seems to have the character demanding of a leader, strong, passionate, outspoken, maybe somewhat flamboyant but I don't consider that a bad thing.

A leader without eccentricities might as well not be a leader.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

TIME is liberal...right?
time.com...

Yup, Trump the clear winner.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

TIME is liberal...right?
time.com...

TIME didn't give Trump the win....Trump supporters going around looking for every online poll gave Trump the win.

I don't think Trump won the debate...I think he did horrible. I think Hillary answered with detailed policy points and was clear in her answers.

Do you think I voted in any online polls about who won?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: oddnutz

a reply to: Kapriti

There is no way Trump won this debate.

I don't think he did either but there is NO WAY you would ever acknowledge it even if he did

Oh, I would. I'm not anti-Trump. I used to be kind of a fan.

I just don't think he's right for the position of president.

While you don't think he is ,we know she is not as she has aleardy proven her incompetence in govt and lack luster 3 decade career in govt.

She does the impossible and makes him a viable choice in this election.

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join