It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Lets Get Ready to Rumble!!!! (Trump Vs Clinton) Tonight 9pm ET, 6pm PT Debate #1

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Exactly... Hillary needed a big win tonight and it was just kind of blah.

She might get a small short term bump because she came across as more polished.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: JacKatMtn

The only poll that matters is on NOV 8.... when we all cast our vote..

I'm not so sure that one's matter either.

Please, don't make me seek my safe space...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: Indigo5

Time poll has 441,593 votes,

They have Trump winning it 59% to 41%.

ETA: link

time.com...

Hard to take that poll seriously when it begins with this disclaimer

A disclaimer: Online reader polls like this one are not statistically representative of eligible primary voters. They are a measure, however imprecise, of which candidates have the most energized online supporters, or most social media savvy fan base. After all, what they are counting is the number of Internet-devices controlled by people who want to vote

Show me a poll that doesn't have a disclaimer like this. I watched CNN and saw there guy say that he had to be open that most of the responders to their poll claimed to be Democrats.

CNN's panel was +10 bias democrats..and had 67% Clinton, 27% Trump...knock off that 10% and you have 57% Clinton and 27% Trump...Which I think rings true. About 1 in 4 think Trump won...half think Clinton won..and 1 in four don't know.

The polls tomorrow will show much the same IMO, but we will see.

Either way Trump did not gain ground..possible lost ground...and Clinton certainly added some from the middle..

This is a 5-7 point swing in her favor and at Trumps expense over the next week in general election polls..

Just me pontificating...but you can see if I am right in the next 48 hours.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx
Trump did not implode, no huge gaffs, looked strong, kept his temper, showed he could be
presidential.

And what was up with the sniffling??? If I was just listening to him and not watching I would think I was listening to someone on a coc aine binge.

Trump was sniffling just as my husband does when I wear a certain perfume. I would not be the least bit surprised if Mrs. Clinton doused herself in something that would elicit just such a reaction from him. But that said, it does not explain his bizarre hair or terrible make-up job. And what was with the Red candidate wearing a blue tie and the blue candidate in a red power suit. Very strange visual cues all the way around.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Why did she need a big win?

And Trump was a sh*& show...she didn't have to win big...she just had to let Trump be Trump..That's what happened.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Well she did prove she was alive and has access to some amazing drugs for late stage Parkinson.

But she is still a liar with 30 years of experience with nothing to show, hence her strategy to play the sexist and racist card.

edit on 20930America/ChicagoMon, 26 Sep 2016 23:20:10 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Why did she need a big win?

And Trump was a sh*& show...she didn't have to win big...she just had to let Trump be Trump..That's what happened.

She needed more than a tie or close to a tie... it was blah.... same ole same ole.... She missed a great opportunity to shine... she fell kind of flat.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I do want to add this, I have no idea how people will feel about this debate. As I said, I am a Trump supporter (well maybe Johnson haven't decided yet) and I thought hillary won.

But you never know what people will take away. If people only watched the first half an hour as it is suggested many people do, I think Trump won.

If people want a calm person, Hillary won. If they want someone confrontaational, Trump won.

It is an interesting look into the human psyche that we can all watch the same thing and come away with so many different opinions.

Now the media spin masters will go to work trying to tell people who won, but they are garbage.

Lastly, here are three FACTS that I think I can take away from the debate that just about anyone can agree with if they are not totally biased.

1. Trump didn't say anything so offensive that it cost him the election.

2. Hillary looked quite healthy.

3. Holt asked Trump way more difficult questions.

link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: RickinVa

Well she did prove she was alive and has access to some amazing drugs for late stage Parkinson.

True... she did looked drugged up, hydrated and good to go

edit on R142016-09-26T23:14:24-05:00k149Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R192016-09-26T23:19:19-05:00k199Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Kapriti

There is no way Trump won this debate.

I don't think he did either but there is NO WAY you would ever acknowledge it even if he did

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Big poll out of Minnesota has Clinton-Trump tied at 42% each. Minnesota is EXTREMELY liberal.

The problem is that Hillary isn't likeable. Forget her experience. In America, if you're liked, you're good to go. Look at Obama. He didn't know much, but he was likeable. People felt that they could have a beer with him. A beer with Hillary? Ha! She'd pass out. (Coumadin + Beer = Night Night)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Kapriti

There is no way Trump won this debate.

The point is that someone I spoke to already thinks he won. And there will be many others who think he won. And there will be others who think Lester Holt threw the debate to Hillary... and the advantage will go to Trump in certain quarters. Your media empires in the USA will do all they can to drive home the idea that Clinton won the debate, but their voices have become like white noise no one listens to unless they want their ego and their own sense of rightness stroked.

That Trump's performance struck me as atrocious simply underlines the fact that each person who saw or heard the debate heard or saw a unique event through their own mental framework, and all of our declaratives about who won or lost mean nothing. The individual decides, and if enough independent individuals decide that Trump on balance was better than Clinton, then there it is.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

If you can't see that there was a bias in the questions Holt asked, you are not being honest.

There was no biased.

The issue is that Clinton answered the questions that were asked, and Trump deflected and rambled on to other topics.

Clinton was asked about the email server, she admitted it was a mistake and said if she could do it over she would do it different. That's the end of the debate on that subject...were else do you go from there?

On the other hand, Trump was asked why he pushed the birther controversy so hard as recently as January...and he tries to deflect and blame it on Hillary. Trump was asked if he is going to release his tax returns, and he deflects and talks about Hillary's emails. Trump was asked how he was going to bring back jobs to America, he deflects and talks about NAFTA.

So, as the moderator...when the candidate isn't answering the question, of course the moderator is going to continue to follow up for an actual answer...that is what a good moderator should do.

You can complain all you want, but if Trump would have actually answered the questions and admitted when he was wrong, the debate wouldn't have seemed so one sided.

The reason it seemed one sided was because Trump was on the defensive the entire time because his huge ego doesn't allow him to admit when he is wrong.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The only poll that really matters is the one that you cast your vote in... the others are meaningless.

We still got a long ways to go and more fun times are dead ahead.

PS: I have to admit I wouldn't have minded seeing Hillary pass out on live TV though.... that would have been the talk of the town...lol

link   

But for you to say that maybe perhaps Holt would have finally asked Hillary a difficult questions if he had more time is laughable. He had an 1 and a half hour and failed to do so. .

No...Holt had more like 8 minutes of talk time...4 of which Trump interrupted him or talked over him saying we have more questions we need to get to...or times up..

For eff sake..If Trump actually made sense as opposed to him simultaneously burping out 3 unrelated answers at once..listeners might be more forgiving with his rambles...it was really kind of mind boggling at times..

You can't lay Trump's bizzare rambling fits at Holts feet..
edit on 26-9-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   
Hillary's phony smile and her smugy attitude set her support back tonight.

Not to mention her policies are a dead issue. No solutions.

Just like Obama.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

They both suck but trump suck factor is a little less.

4. Trump does better with quick sound bites than long answers.

5. Hillary can answer and talk without answering or telling you anything.

I don't think that she won it, it was more that he lost it with the rambling answers.

All she had todo was prove she wasnt going to die by the end of the debate.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I didn't find Clinton to be impressive at all, but Trump was a mess. He hardly stayed on subject, sometimes not at all to the point where you wondered what the hell was he talking about. Unconstitutional stop and frisk is exactly what a rich kid would claim as a great idea.
edit on 26-9-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

CNN's panel was +10 bias democrats..and had 67% Clinton, 27% Trump...knock off that 10% and you have 57% Clinton and 27% Trump...Which I think rings true. About 1 in 4 think Trump won...half think Clinton won..and 1 in four don't know.

The polls tomorrow will show much the same IMO, but we will see.

Either way Trump did not gain ground..possible lost ground...and Clinton certainly added some from the middle..

This is a 5-7 point swing in her favor and at Trumps expense over the next week in general election polls..

Just me pontificating...but you can see if I am right in the next 48 hours.

So wait a minute, we have to discount the Time poll because it says it just works with people online, but CNN's poll is magically ok because they admit a 10% point democrat bias. Isn't there a chance that the same bias on the Time poll that you think discredit it is happening there?

You say 1 in 4 people will have thought Hillary won. That means you think that 25 out of 100 will have though Trump won.

Yet the time poll shows 59 out of 100 think he won. That means you are suggesting there is such a huge bias in the Time poll, but none in the remaining CNN poll. Could you be spinning this in your own mind to fit your narrative?

As far as polls go, they are garbage too, I don't care what they say now or in the next couple days. How can you see the biases in the Time poll, but not the rest of them?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Clinton was asked about the email server, she admitted it was a mistake and said if she could do it over she would do it different. That's the end of the debate on that subject...were else do you go from there?

Did you expect her to admit she has been proven a liar by several government reports ?

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join