It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Mosque cooks breakfast for hundreds of Philly police

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I selected the Dissecting Disinformation Forum in order to put a spin on this should-be-mundane post.

www.philly.com...

www.philly.com/philly/news/20160926_Mosque_cooks_breakfast_for_hundreds_of_Philly_police.html

Could it be as simple as Philly is a laid-back city? That's how I'd report it.

Just wondering if anyone has more thoughts as to how this article arises.

This is the second installment of what Khalil said will be an annual partnership between the mosque and police. Last year, volunteers with the mosque cooked breakfast for police at the nearby Edison High School before the parade, but this year Khalil wanted to host the event himself. "With what's going on in the world, in different cities, about Muslims, this is something different to show them this is what we're all about," Khalil said. "We're neighbors, we're very active in the community . . . and we appreciate what they're doing." Abu Ramzi, 60, a member of the mosque and a resident of Northeast Philadelphia, said he loves to show his appreciation for "the hard job" police officers do every day. "We are 100 percent with the police officers. We back them up," Ramzi said. "They work hard to keep the city safe, and we have to show them we're with them." The partnership between the mosque and police will continue, Cram said, and it's not new.

edit on 26-9-2016 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
If I was a copy I'd want the guy cooking it to eat some in front of me before I ate any..
Especially wouldn't eat the the bacon..

And that might sound wrong, but I never eat pork products from Muslim run restaurants..
edit on 26/9/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Is that.... .... .... bacon???

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I think it's as simple as one person putting aside all the bull# and making a gesture of peace and solidarity; not just to their community, but to everyone who shares the story. They're making a positive difference and leading by example. A strong community pulls together during times of strife. That's what they're trying to implement.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I selected the Dissecting Disinformation Forum in order to put a spin on this should-be-mundane post.

www.philly.com...

www.philly.com/philly/news/20160926_Mosque_cooks_breakfast_for_hundreds_of_Philly_police.html

But... but... Mr Trump keeps telling me the Muslims want to kill us all! I'm so confused!

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Great to see tolerance in the USA... from time to time... "Seething Islamophopes who have never set foot out of their county/country coming up in 10...9...8..."

Discover the rest of the world outside your walls close minded people....

Although I must admit that our practising muslim members here on ATS do not know what they are missing when it comes down to a decent bacon sarny...

I would say the same thing for our jewish members too when it comes to bacon or crab...

Nom nom nom... the bacon sandwich (with an egg) that I have just relished... Nom nom nom... crab with home made mayonnaise...

I am glad that I am a non believer...

However, I must admit that Halal meat (to taste) is much better as does not go through the whole stressful abbatoir processus and is much more tender... AND TURKEY BACON IS JUST TOO NOM...

Kindest respects

Lags

edit on 26-9-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Give me bacon... oh lord of bacon...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon
If I was a copy I'd want the guy cooking it to eat some in front of me before I ate any..
Especially wouldn't eat the the bacon..

And that might sound wrong, but I never eat pork products from Muslim run restaurants..

If you took time to look at the link that the OP provided you would have noticed that this is TURKEY bacon... DENY IGNORANCE...

Kindest respects

Lags

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Is that.... .... .... bacon???

TURKEY bacon...

Check the link before coming up with a one liner which makes certain close minded people of your country proud whilst at the same time giving yourself an intellectual erection...

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 26-9-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Word added

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
i think this is a thread about bacon and people sharing bacon. Great

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
And everyone loves it just like REAL bacon..
oh is this the tolerance we speak of?. mmmm turkey bacon, yummy/sarc

ETA I am glad people were fed. But it really looks like a photo OP.
edit on 9/26/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
You don't like Turkey bacon?

a reply to: jappee

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This attitude is far more common than the "seething hatred" we see all too often here 'bouts.

The quiet, no fan-fare, everyday kindness doesn't sell advertising. I see this far more often than I do the "seething hatred".

Everyday toleration of differences shouldn't be news, but apparently is. It's a sad time we're living in...but there's always hope for tomorrow, as those pictures and the article prove.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Totally agreed Seagull...

Tis such a shame that many people here and throughout the world cannot also see the positive things that our daily walk through life brings to us?

Unfortunately most people who are in a negative state of mind and do not seek to be more positive will always rest negative and contaminate...

Kindest respects

Lags

originally posted by: seagull
This attitude is far more common than the "seething hatred" we see all too often here 'bouts.

The quiet, no fan-fare, everyday kindness doesn't sell advertising. I see this far more often than I do the "seething hatred".

Everyday toleration of differences shouldn't be news, but apparently is. It's a sad time we're living in...but there's always hope for tomorrow, as those pictures and the article prove.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Just to clarify things, bacon is a piece of meat cut from the fatty belly of a sizeable meaty animal. Turkey does not qualify. It can however be processed in a fashion that can resemble bacon. And objectively taste bacon-ish, but will not be true bacon.
So Turkey bacon= Turkey in the shape of bacon, fried.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: jappee

Doesn't change the fact that it isn't pork, as some here have assumed.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Beef bacon, Moose bacon, maybe even Bear bacon...NOT PORK
And not Turkey..(narf)

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

Just to clarify things, bacon is a piece of meat cut from the fatty belly of a sizeable meaty animal. Turkey does not qualify. It can however be processed in a fashion that can resemble bacon. And objectively taste bacon-ish, but will not be true bacon.

Thank you. So it's not bacon then. That's all I wanted to know. Otherwise, it's wonderful that the mosque cooked breakfast for a bunch of cops. But I betcha most of them would have preferred bacon.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

You dont need to clarify as I already knew that but thanks anyway.

However, Bacon comes from swine (pork) and is usually cured... you omitted to mention this.

Here is a little additional snippet about bacon :

Now you might think, as I always did, that Bacon comes from combining two parts awesome with a smidgen of outstanding.

But in fact, Bacon, or as my brother calls it “meat candy”, obviously comes from our snout nosed little bald friends, pigs, which don’t seem remotely awesome.

Though of course, one can also find Bacon made from turkey, chicken, and even soy for all our smelly hippie friends out there.

More here : www.todayifoundout.com...

Kindest respects

Lags
edit on 26-9-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It still looks like a photo op, why the bacon(ahem.. turkey bacon)up front and center?

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

nice, soy bacon. sign me up.../sarc

For meat candy, try Pork Tocino a real meat candy from the Philippines.
It makes bacon look healthy. but NOM NOM

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join